Morrissey interview in Teraz Muzyka (Sep. 2018 issue, Poland)

Morrissey z ważnym apelem do prezydenta Andrzeja Dudy - Teraz Musyka

Google Translate to English:

Morrissey with an important appeal to President Andrzej Duda
In the "Now Rock" granted to the interview, Morrissey touched on many topics that were important to him - not only musical but also world-view. He even appealed to the president of our country.

Morrissey is one of the heroes of the September issue of "Teraz Rocka", which since yesterday is available for sale. The artist was interviewed by our editor, Jacek Nizinkiewicz , and the men talked about many issues important to the music - including his health condition, "This Is Morrissey" compilation , as well as plans for coming to Poland.

The September 'Teraz Rock' is now on sale

At the end of the conversation, the subject of Morrissey's veganism and quite sharp views, which he voices in this regard:

You have been a vegan for a long time and defend animal rights. During one of the concerts in Poland, you talked about the KFC network as Kentucky f***ing Chicken. Meanwhile, in Poland it is a popular fastfood, which even President Andrzej Duda comes to.

I would like to remind him that the meat industry is the biggest threat to the environment. If you eat at KFC, you support abuses in the field of environmental protection. It's worth being part of the vegan world, not McDonald's.

Morrissey also admitted that the media - especially the British ones - are very unfair to him, but he is grateful to the fans for their support. This and much more, however, you will find in a conversation published in the latest "Teraz Rocka" .

44143_terazrock_9_2018.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I started typing the text in to translate, but the text is eye strain material.
Add to that: typing without a Polish typeset means this is very, very rough translation.
I lost the will to finish it due to tiredness.

COMMEMORATION.
Conversation with Morrissey.

Fans in Poland kept their fingers crossed for improving your health. How are you feeling today?

I'm starting to rise slowly from the dead.

I am very happy. Let's talk about your new composition, This Is Morrissey.
What distinguishes it from your other albums of this nature, because there were a lot of them?

This is Morrissey is not just one of many compilation albums in my catalogue.
This is a new introduction to my literary creativity for those who were not in the world when I started but also the memory of thirty years of my solo activity

What's your commitment to preparing the album? You say you've made your choice on This Is Morrissey?

I was glad to help in the preparation of the album, but my voice was not the loudest one.

I might chip away at it if no Polish fans are forthcoming.
Bed beckons,
FWD.

Last edited:
Vegan has finally adopted the 88 that his copycat troll was using. For those in the know, 88 is used in white supremacist/neo-Nazi circles. The 8 stands for the 8th letter of the alphabet, H. Therefore, 88 means HH, which in far right circles means Heil Hitler.
In bingo it also means 'Two Fat Ladies'. Perhaps he's just an ignorant troll picking numbers at random? Just a thought.

Wait, though, maybe there's been a new development. Or maybe it's just an opportune time to wheel it out again.
Guessing he mentions it because he's asked about it and it was a big deal for him. Cancer isn't nice and medications do often have worse side effects than the cancer cells themselves. Does it urk you cos you think he's lying or exaggerating?

Guessing he mentions it because he's asked about it and it was a big deal for him. Cancer isn't nice and medications do often have worse side effects than the cancer cells themselves. Does it urk you cos you think he's lying or exaggerating?
He is lying and exaggerating. He never had cancer. Barrett's oesophagus is not cancer. It's a potentially pre-cancerous condition so it needs keeping in check, but it's not life-threatening in any way. But he has consistently let this misapprehension ride when people ask him about it - most embarrassingly in the Larry King interview. Wily old Larry, who I'm sure knew the game that was being played, asked him, 'So, you're not Stage Four, then?' Watching Morrissey squirm was instructive. He's had plenty of opportunity to set the record straight but declines to grab it, every time.

He is lying and exaggerating. He never had cancer. Barrett's oesophagus is not cancer. It's a potentially pre-cancerous condition so it needs keeping in check, but it's not life-threatening in any way. But he has consistently let this misapprehension ride when people ask him about it - most embarrassingly in the Larry King interview. Wily old Larry, who I'm sure knew the game that was being played, asked him, 'So, you're not Stage Four, then?' Watching Morrissey squirm was instructive. He's had plenty of opportunity to set the record straight but declines to grab it, every time.
Damn you Peppie, I got a list of things I truly despise, racism, stolen valor & lying about cancer so now Mozzie Baby is hitting 2 out of 3?
f*** :mad:

Depends on stage and grade of condition and type of precancerous cells. It can be life threatening if left untreated and progresses to an invasive cancer so maybe thats why he had aggressive medication/treatment for it. We had a reality star called Jane Goody who died young of cervical cancer after not having follow up to pre cancerous cells on her cervix. Not all pre cancerous and cancer cells where ever they are on the body are same some are alot more aggressive than others. I was working in public health at time and number of females attending their smear tests rose due to tragic outcome.​

Last edited:
One thing that confuses me about this is: If he really wanted people to believe that he had cancer, why would he say he had Barrett's?
I'm more inclined to believe that he was confused or unclear about it (perhaps he misunderstood the doctor and just heard the "c-word"), and as a result dug himself into a hole. He can't really say now, after the, "If I die then I die" statement, that he doesn't have cancer. If he really doesn't have cancer, he's made too much of a mess of it now to do much about it. I don't think it was a calculated opportunist move. I think it was a clumsy blunder.

One thing that confuses me about this is: If he really wanted people to believe that he had cancer, why would he say he had Barrett's?
I'm more inclined to believe that he was confused or unclear about it (perhaps he misunderstood the doctor and just heard the "c-word"), and as a result dug himself into a hole. He can't really say now, after the, "If I die then I die" statement, that he doesn't have cancer. If he really doesn't have cancer, he's made too much of a mess of it now to do much about it. I don't think it was a calculated opportunist move. I think it was a clumsy blunder.
Yes. Because Morrisey has never exaggerated/lied for attention and/or dramatic effect, ever.

Last edited:
Depends on stage of condition and type of precancerous cells. It can be life threatening if left untreated and progresses to an invasive cancer so maybe thats why he had aggressive medication/treatment for it. We had a reality star called Jane Goody who died young of cervical cancer after not having follow up to pre cancerous cells on her cervix. Not all pre cancerous and cancer cells where ever they are on the body are same some are alot more aggressive than others. I was working in public health at time and number of females attending their smear tests rose due to tragic outcome.​
I am aware of all that, but it ISN'T CANCER. If it progresses to esophageal cancer, then it is cancer. Until then he has Barrett's which needs monitoring and treatment. That's all. I had DNA adducts a few years back: I had phthalates and PCP bonded to my DNA. It's also a pre-cancerous condition and I was very ill, but I didn't have cancer, nor did I go around scaring my loved ones that I might have for attention.

I am aware of all that, but it ISN'T CANCER. If it progresses to esophageal cancer, then it is cancer. Until then he has Barrett's which needs monitoring and treatment. That's all. I had DNA adducts a few years back: I had phthalates and PCP bonded to my DNA. It's also a pre-cancerous condition and I was very ill, but I didn't have cancer, nor did I go around scaring my loved ones that I might have for attention.
Correct, I was diagnosed with Barretts in 2012, I take a tablet every day to decrease acid production and have an endoscopy and biopsy every 2 years to check that if all is ok or not. I think thats what Morrissey was referring to when he said he has regular scrapings?

Maybe it's the press that overblew it but still it is a potential fatal condition if left unmonitored or untreated so he had horrid treatments/medication which meant him cancelling gigs and feeling shit. We don't have access to his medical files. It is not kind to undermine others experience when they have dangerous health condition. He did age a lot during this period so it took its toll. 50s are the wind tunnel decade health wise as we stop replenishing and all our lifestyle choices from previous years hit us in face. If you get through them unscathed without chronic disease diagnosis you have a great chance living to your 90s and beyond.

Wt F is this all about?:flushed:
Peppy as head nurse in one of those Soap operas where everybody works in a hospital?:grin:
A string of left wing nutty diagnosis.
:disrelieved:

(Commie hospital with no medicine and :seenoevil: type of doctors. Imagine going in there and being greeted by Dr Mao.:lbf: Funeral home is your next and final stop LOL)

Correct, I was diagnosed with Barretts in 2012, I take a tablet every day to decrease acid production and have an endoscopy and biopsy every 2 years to check that if all is ok or not. I think thats what Morrissey was referring to when he said he has regular scrapings?
He never said he had cancer.

He never said he had cancer.

He said this in 2015 in a tv interview with Larry King

Last October, Morrissey, 56, revealed he was previously treated for cancer, saying: “If I die, then I die. And if I don’t, then I don’t.” The singer has been hospitalised a number of times over the years with a string of live dates cancelled due to ill health.

He told King: “Barrett’s cancer, it’s in the oesophagus. They scrape it occasionally and I have medication, but I’m OK. Lots of people have it and they fade away, lots of people have it and they don’t fade away.”

He added of his initial reaction: “You don’t really hear that word, that c-word. It seems to drift over you – you just say: ‘Yes, oh yes.’ Later when you’re on the stairs by yourself, it triggers in your mind. At the time, you don’t hear it.”

I remember in some interview it was said that the scrapings found cancerous or precancerous cells etc

Ernesto Gonzales did. Back around 2003 he would harass me and make racist attacks. I told him he was a racist and he said, "Yep." He had a wife, Yesinia Galindo, and a kid, Isaac. Both the hubs and wife would hit the kid because they thought they were bad-ass.

#GoVegan

Well, name me some racists who have openly declared that they are racists.

He said this in 2015 in a tv interview with Larry King

Last October, Morrissey, 56, revealed he was previously treated for cancer, saying: “If I die, then I die. And if I don’t, then I don’t.” The singer has been hospitalised a number of times over the years with a string of live dates cancelled due to ill health.

He told King: “Barrett’s cancer, it’s in the oesophagus. They scrape it occasionally and I have medication, but I’m OK. Lots of people have it and they fade away, lots of people have it and they don’t fade away.”

He added of his initial reaction: “You don’t really hear that word, that c-word. It seems to drift over you – you just say: ‘Yes, oh yes.’ Later when you’re on the stairs by yourself, it triggers in your mind. At the time, you don’t hear it.”

But, did he ever say, I have cancer ?

Should I follow that link ?

Its just to the article in the Guardian. If he says he was previously treated for cancer, he's implying he had cancer?

Or did he say, he was treated for something that can develope into a form of cancer. That’s
what I’m reading from your other post.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom