Morrissey interview in La Tercera (Chile) "My life has always been chaotic"

Morrissey - “Son shows especiales, porque son en Chile. Y eso para mí ya es suficiente" - Interview

http://issuu.com/comunidadmorrisseysmithschile/docs/morrissey_-_01nov_chile?e=9130273/31066131

CSuqOKlWcAA-CUP.jpg

Last edited:
agreed.

from what ive been lead to believe aspergers has been around for a while and is not the result of interaction with technology, or modern technology even. it can be seen as a mal adaptive or advantageous depending on a number of factors at the time. with me i just use what is convenient for me in regards to tech as im very pragmatic at times. i .e i have a smart phone with internet connection and use the camera function all the time but dont do any social media or have an e-mail. that said i also spend very little time thinking about what others have or do unless necessary for some reason. why would i as it doesnt effect me any more so than people wearing bright neon colors.

in terms of the very out there thought that art would not be necessary if man melded seamlessly with machine, that just seems odd. people decide what art is so maybe an enhancement would only lead to an expansion of artistic form and perhaps renewed love of art already in existence. people are already biological machines so i see little difference.

I have out there thoughts sometimes. Would a machine appreciate art and beauty, or would it strive for efficiency and the eradication of frivolity?
I'm way off topic, yes, but such is my brain.

I have out there thoughts sometimes. Would a machine appreciate art and beauty, or would it strive for efficiency and the eradication of frivolity?

i dont know. maybe it would evolve to appreciate it or just define it differently than we do. maybe it would find beauty in the process of efficiency as well as the result which represents the process. maybe it would evolve to love the process so much so that it got away from the result of being efficiant and only appreciate endless process. as to the out there thoughts, its fine with me as i love speculation and contemplation of almost anything. if were getting to offtopic then im sure kewpie will lets us know and well change. im fine with that. ill say at least were not bickering at each other

Well, For 'out there' ...then the question should be.. Does/can art & beauty appreciate the machine?

would also like to add...Is art & beauty two ? or aren't they one and the same?

But really... Guess the machine would have to be equipped with such faculties to perceive said beauty/art.

Though what those 'faculties' are is still a question in the human animal...is it the mind/heart/the 'soul',etc ?

As far as 'would it strive for efficiency and...' Would again be a matter of 'programming' and what that 'programming' is or if it could be achieved yet.

Maybe until machines can look at this world and...puke, Otherwise...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAKS8w6Gn78

Last edited:
agreed.

from what ive been lead to believe aspergers has been around for a while and is not the result of interaction with technology, or modern technology even. it can be seen as a mal adaptive or advantageous depending on a number of factors at the time. with me i just use what is convenient for me in regards to tech as im very pragmatic at times. i .e i have a smart phone with internet connection and use the camera function all the time but dont do any social media or have an e-mail. that said i also spend very little time thinking about what others have or do unless necessary for some reason. why would i as it doesnt effect me any more so than people wearing bright neon colors.

in terms of the very out there thought that art would not be necessary if man melded seamlessly with machine, that just seems odd. people decide what art is so maybe an enhancement would only lead to an expansion of artistic form and perhaps renewed love of art already in existence. people are already biological machines so i see little difference.

as to the person in the early forties i would say this is to old to be of the generation fully integrated to modern tech as i know it and i say that as a thirty five year old man who also considers himself to be a generation to old. my issue isnt what tech people are using but rather why people care so much about what others are doing. itws not that big a deal and it effects me pretty minimally

I pity today's kids. They have no clue what they are missing. I am glad that I grew up in he 70's and 80's, where every concert had people holding flickering cigarette lighters in their hands instead of smart phones. Where you actually wrote a letter on a piece of paper to someone and waited a week in suspense for your answer. Everything now is instant, taking away the moment of great expectations.

I pity today's kids. They have no clue what they are missing. I am glad that I grew up in he 70's and 80's, where every concert had people holding flickering cigarette lighters in their hands instead of smart phones. Where you actually wrote a letter on a piece of paper to someone and waited a week in suspense for your answer. Everything now is instant, taking away the moment of great expectations.

Hear hear!
There used to be a lot more joyous anticipation and participation in life, and losing that, is an awful thing.
Romance, if not dead- is definitely on life support. There's no poetry in a badly shot picture of a dick, no slow dance with your cell phone.
I don't want to be one of those old men who shouts about things they don't understand, because I do understand-
but we are rapidly developing shorter attention spans thanks to our endless distractions and need for instant gratification.
The equivalent to gorging on the five course meal of life, without ever savoring a bite.

Wow, does he really say, 'I am a very open person'? I checked the Spanish and yes he does! Moz is about as open as a clenched sphincter.

Re: Morrissey - “Son shows especiales, porque son en Chile. Y eso para mí ya es suficiente" - Interview

Google Translate said:
Usually all drastic changes are made by the seals.

I know "seals" means "labels" here not aquatic mammals but still that made me smile. Are they taking the clubs into their own hands? Thank you Google Translate!

Hear hear!
There used to be a lot more joyous anticipation and participation in life, and losing that, is an awful thing.
Romance, if not dead- is definitely on life support. There's no poetry in a badly shot picture of a dick, no slow dance with your cell phone.
I don't want to be one of those old men who shouts about things they don't understand, because I do understand-
but we are rapidly developing shorter attention spans thanks to our endless distractions and need for instant gratification.
The equivalent to gorging on the five course meal of life, without ever savoring a bite.

Well I was born in the year 1980 and been going to concerts my entire life as my parents were barcode deadheads so I've had the experience of both in my lifetime and just me personally I don't notice that much of a difference myself. I think kids today are just able to do more things at once

Wow, does he really say, 'I am a very open person'? I checked the Spanish and yes he does! Moz is about as open as a clenched sphincter.

what makes you think so. hes pretty open about himself but closed to discussing his relationships with others. other than those relationships id say hes rpetty open

I love you Morrissey and not just because you are super smokin' hot, i also love your mind.

Re: Morrissey - “Son shows especiales, porque son en Chile. Y eso para mí ya es suficiente" - Interview

Bravo Morrissey. Eating meat is totally a form of racism. And who would ever think a Republican would concur? Mike Huckabee recently said he wouldn't trust a North Korean chef with his Labrador. Such a good point.

#GoVegan

Direct link: http://www.latercera.com/noticia/en...rrissey-mi-vida-siempre-ha-sido-caotica.shtml

Google translation:

That was when I knew and loved that they had agreed. Animals need our help urgently. They need justice and want to live their own life. They are killed because they can not speak our language. Eating meat is a form of racism.

Re: New Morrissey interview in La Tercera (Chile) "My life has always been chaotic"

But security at the San Diego show said I couldn't go in with my tablet as per the artist's request. I had to go back to my car, which means I was delayed in entering the venue and when I went in two bitch broads who were not even together tried to block me out my spot. I was allowed to bring in my phone and camera, though.

man google translate is terrible. i did agree with him about the phones at shows as some people are just so old fashioned about it. dont agree about obama but i barely agree on that subject with many americans who voted here so i dont expect him to know to much about the subject. nice to see an interview none the less

Re: Morrissey interview in La Tercera (Chile) "My life has always been chaotic"

Well I was born in the year 1980 and been going to concerts my entire life as my parents were barcode deadheads so I've had the experience of both in my lifetime and just me personally I don't notice that much of a difference myself. I think kids today are just able to do more things at once

multitasking = doing many things at once badly.:straightface:

- - - Updated - - -

I love you Morrissey and not just because you are super smokin' hot, i also love your mind.

:thumb:

' complaining women only like me....for my mind.'

- - - Updated - - -

But security at the San Diego show said I couldn't go in with my tablet as per the artist's request. I had to go back to my car, which means I was delayed in entering the venue and when I went in two bitch broads who were not even together tried to block me out my spot. I was allowed to bring in my phone and camera, though.

security are just there to make things more difficult for everyone. There's no logic.

I don't know about that. Have you talked to a clenched sphincter recently ?:straightface:

And as he Burroughs into spinster's stool ... laughing...

Last edited:
Hear hear!

agree. A couple of summers ago, I saw this 10 year old run by me down the street waving a butterfly net ! Which almost made me cry, And I thought to myself... maybe...just MAYBE... there's some hope for this world after all.

Last edited:
shame shame.
its better to play video games than to run around catching and killing butterflies

Bravo Morrissey. Eating meat is totally a form of racism. And who would ever think a Republican would concur? Mike Huckabee recently said he wouldn't trust a North Korean chef with his Labrador. Such a good point.

#GoVegan

Direct link: http://www.latercera.com/noticia/en...rrissey-mi-vida-siempre-ha-sido-caotica.shtml

Google translation:

That was when I knew and loved that they had agreed. Animals need our help urgently. They need justice and want to live their own life. They are killed because they can not speak our language. Eating meat is a form of racism.

Good grief.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom