Morrissey interview in Esquire (Poland)

Last edited by a moderator:
Foreshadowing? :)

20180717_085519.jpg

I've always thought Chuck D was a talented writer.
Not sure about his comic foil though.
Regards,
FWD.

Thing is, you gotta consider the types of jobs gonna need as the British white population ages and goes into homes, you think the state is gonna pay those people well?
It’s not, pretty sure they were just thinking ahead is all, now you’ll just have to wipe your own asses cuz there won’t be some guy from some place where they talk different to do it for you :o
That argument has been used a lot recently. But it is flawed because all those people who come to wipe asses stay there and use services, their kids need school places, they need medical services (which in the UK are provided by the state) then they also age and need their asses wiped, so you bring in a few million more to do that, and so on.
Also we are constantly told that we need loads more migrants from within the EU “to do all the jobs the British don’t want to do”. So instead of paying a decent wage for our citizens to pick vegetables we pay our citizens to sit on their arse and smoke weed, whilst importing people to work on low wages.

That argument has been used a lot recently. But it is flawed because all those people who come to wipe asses stay there and use services, their kids need school places, they need medical services (which in the UK are provided by the state) then they also age and need their asses wiped, so you bring in a few million more to do that, and so on.
Also we are constantly told that we need loads more migrants from within the EU “to do all the jobs the British don’t want to do”. So instead of paying a decent wage for our citizens to pick vegetables we pay our citizens to sit on their arse and smoke weed, whilst importing people to work on low wages.
Honestly? As an American, all be it one of German & Scottish immigrants, I’m interested to see how this 21st century U.K. isolation plays out, I believe it’s going to be an unmitigated disaster and could even result in the end of the Union, but however it plays out, it should prove useful for us here in the USA :thumb:

Honestly? As an American, all be it one of German & Scottish immigrants, I’m interested to see how this 21st century U.K. isolation plays out, I believe it’s going to be an unmitigated disaster and could even result in the end of the Union, but however it plays out, it should prove useful for us here in the USA :thumb:
It is a big risk, that’s for sure. We are just hitting the point where politicians are having to deal with the issues... for the past couple of years it has been “we’ll have our cake and eat it” but now there’s no hiding from the fact that we can’t leave the bits we don’t like and keep the bits we do.
But as you say there is a lot of malaise in the country at the moment. Maybe we will end up poorer but happier.
Perhaps if the country really goes to the dogs we won’t have to worry about immigration because no one will want to come lol.

Brexit isn’t about isolation. It’s about trading with the wider world and other nations, all but twenty-seven of which operate as independent states, making their own laws and trade deals.

View attachment 45056
Now we’re your argument about the resources the 1% increasingly allow the rest of us to have less access to then that would make perfect sense, but no, just more blaming the other, the different, which today is the Muslims, but once it was the Irish or Scots, it’s always somebody
The problem with taking this sort of mathematical/statistical approach, is it isn't granular; it's sweeping. But it has the veneer of authenticity. It doesn't reflect the experience of individuals. A city may not be overpopulated but small, often poor, areas of it are likely to be. It is the experience of these people (both indigenous and immigrant) that is detrimentally affected by poor (or poorly executed) immigration policy. This is where the ill-feeling and tension arises. If it is not addressed and those local people who are suffering are simply shown a graph and accused of racism, the tension increases. In the UK, immigrants are a net contributor to the Exchequer. Which is fantastic. But it doesn't help the individual who is experiencing anxiety or difficulty as a result of immigration in their immediate environment.

I'm pro-immigration. But I'm also keen to respect and address the concerns of native people. Surely, we should all be striving to achieve a positive immigration experience.

Esquire SM posts for those interested:

FWD.

Brexit isn’t about isolation. It’s about trading with the wider world and other nations, all but twenty-seven of which operate as independent states, making their own laws and trade deals.

As a self employed person who sends things all over the World I've been thankful for the EU and being able to send things there for a third of the cost of elsewhere, without my customers having to pay import charges. I suppose us coming out of Europe will now mean these other countries will give us the same deal. Maybe not then...

I still haven't worked out what we're getting out of it except for us now having control over how many Pakistanis we let in which of course we had control of before.

That non answer about Vinni Reilly is typical Moz. He won't answer the question and tries to be funny, always at the expense of someone else. Vinni deserves some respect.

The percentage of loon nutjobs in Poland is minimal compared with the open top circus in the UK where dudes go out in the streets wearing curly wigs. :lbf:

As a self employed person who sends things all over the World I've been thankful for the EU and being able to send things there for a third of the cost of elsewhere, without my customers having to pay import charges. I suppose us coming out of Europe will now mean these other countries will give us the same deal. Maybe not then...

I still haven't worked out what we're getting out of it except for us now having control over how many Pakistanis we let in which of course we had control of before.

Chezz, smoking weed and driving around looking for pubs is not considered employment FFS doh:
Posting pony is NOT considered 'importing'stuff to other countries. Maybe in the wacky loon world
but not in the real one I mean WtF?:nomouth:

If this Q & A was based on a series of questions emailed to Morrissey and he selected the ones he liked and ignored the ones he found uncomfortable to answer, then his comments about Vini Reilly were particularly unnecessary. According to Wikipedia:

In January 2013, Reilly's nephew made an Internet appeal on his behalf for donations because the guitarist had debts for unpaid rent from the time between his strokes and his assessment for disability benefit. Fans sent £3,000 within a day and Reilly was reported to feel that their generosity had "lifted the weight of the world off his shoulders".

I know for a fact that Moz starts every day with this tune and rapping along to it as well and it drives Damon mad.

All Moz needs now is Anderson Cooper interviewing him and calling him this and that and Moz replying by saying "at least I never pushed my brother out the window".

If this Q & A was based on a series of questions emailed to Morrissey and he selected the ones he liked and ignored the ones he found uncomfortable to answer, then his comments about Vini Reilly were particularly unnecessary.
He can't help himself, can he? A whole six questions without saying anything racist, and up pops this spiteful crap.

Da, USSA is on good track for less decadent future.

Tags
this is morrissey info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom