Morrissey interview in Esquire (Poland)

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair play to the interviewer. There were several interesting questions in this interview. That is rare these days.

Suddenly his 'straight outta Compton' quotes make sense. Maybe Aztec Camera can inform us as to whether Ice T and Coco join Steve and John for boogie boarding sessions out on the Malibu coast.

Member back in the day when the immigrants that bigoted
Brits hated were often from Poland?
Aww, the UK has come so far :rolleyes:
Robby, it's all very well sneering from the vast expanses of the US, but we're a small island. It's quite crowded. You only need to go 30 miles in any one direction before the accent and dialect changes completely. In these surroundings, a large influx of any nationality is going to make the natives feel anxious and unsettled. That's human nature, whatever ideology might have to say about it. The issue is the numbers, not the people themselves.

Excellent interview which - again - proves that Moz is same as he ever was. Whatever the hateful British press make him out to be.

Is this the first time he's stumbled, Frank Spencer-like, into that Kanye thing?

It's nice to see that, if the translation's correct in that regard, he acknowledges that people are subject to laws they haven't agreed to, i.e. whatever else he is he's not yet a sovcit loony.

It does make sense that he likes Public Enemy. I think ‘affordability’ is a mistranslation and he meant that they are not worried about commercial success. They are interested in conscious, political lyrics, and don’t subscribe to what rap very quickly became when taken over by the money men, ie crass, brainless, violent, materialistic and shallow. And like Morrissey they are not afraid to criticise their own fans and the whole genre.

Robby, it's all very well sneering from the vast expanses of the US, but we're a small island. It's quite crowded. You only need to go 30 miles in any one direction before the accent and dialect changes completely. In these surroundings, a large influx of any nationality is going to make the natives feel anxious and unsettled. That's human nature, whatever ideology might have to say about it. The issue is the numbers, not the people themselves.
558BE564-E3B4-4A37-926E-B544586B9C98.jpeg

Now we’re your argument about the resources the 1% increasingly allow the rest of us to have less access to then that would make perfect sense, but no, just more blaming the other, the different, which today is the Muslims, but once it was the Irish or Scots, it’s always somebody

View attachment 45056
Now we’re your argument about the resources the 1% increasingly allow the rest of us to have less access to then that would make perfect sense, but no, just more blaming the other, the different, which today is the Muslims, but once it was the Irish or Scots, it’s always somebody

I feel like this chart has spectacularly missed the point Peppermint was making. You guys seem to be arguing two different things.

View attachment 45056
Who are the 1%? You appear to have taken my comment and twisted it to suit your narrative. I'm not sure what you're trying to prove with this somewhat baffling diagram, but I'm simply saying people feel threatened when there is a disproportionately large influx of others, from wherever. You may wish to squash this fact with ideology which tells us that people shouldn't, or mustn't, feel this way, but the fact is they do. It's human nature.

Last edited:
View attachment 45056

Robby, think of it this way. Should there be any limit on immigration?
Do you believe that there should simply be no borders whatsoever and any of the 7 billion or so people on the planet ahould be able to travel freely to anywhere they choose and live and work there? If so, then fair play to you, and you are less selfish than me.
If not, then you obviously accept that there has to be some control of who can enter a country and remain there. Once you’ve accepted that the debate is around the point at which immigration puts an unacceptable strain on resources, living standards and the culture and values of the country. We don’t all want to live like people in Tokyo, who apparently no longer have sex and instead masturbate to virtual reality cartoons - one of the reasons being a lack of privacy.

Robby, think of it this way. Should there be any limit on immigration?
Do you believe that there should simply be no borders whatsoever and any of the 7 billion or so people on the planet ahould be able to travel freely to anywhere they choose and live and work there? If so, then fair play to you, and you are less selfish than me.
If not, then you obviously accept that there has to be some control of who can enter a country and remain there. Once you’ve accepted that the debate is around the point at which immigration puts an unacceptable strain on resources, living standards and the culture and values of the country. We don’t all want to live like people in Tokyo, who apparently no longer have sex and instead masturbate to virtual reality cartoons - one of the reasons being a lack of privacy.
It’s funny you mention sex cuz all these problems in the U.K. are in no small part due to the fact that all white British* couples have an exceedingly low fertility rate compared basically every other group in your country and this goes back decades and decades, the fruits or non fruits of this as it were are just more obvious now cuz well, it takes time to notice long trends like this, but don’t worry, I’m sure given enough time the immigrants to the U.K. would see their fertility plummet as well, just something truly depressing bout the place, personally I loved it, but it’s not so good for making babies :rolleyes:

*=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_British

It’s funny you mention sex cuz all these problems in the U.K. are in no small part due to the fact that all white British* couples have an exceedingly low fertility rate compared basically every other group in your country and this goes back decades and decades, the fruits or non fruits of this as it were are just more obvious now cuz well, it takes time to notice long trends like this, but don’t worry, I’m sure given enough time the immigrants to the U.K. would see their fertility plummet as well, just something truly depressing bout the place, personally I loved it, but it’s not so good for making babies :rolleyes:

*=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_British

Yes i had this same debate with a friend at the weekend and his view was that our culture isnt worth saving because we’ve become so materialistic that we are too selfish to even produce a decent number of children in case it means our personal comfort and wealth is reduced. So we should just let the Muslims take over cos at least they are happy to have 9 kids!
In England we have a problem building also because (and this is not politically correct to say) the well-educated are not willing to have more than one or two children because of the cost of housing and the desire to maintain a middle class lifestyle with nice cars and holidays, so the only people breeding in large numbers other than recent immigrants are those who are poorly educated and dependent on the state. Thus we are becoming less intelligent as a nation.

And by the way England is a wonderful place. A lot of people who were born here don’t realise that, but if they went and lived in pretty much any other country for a while they would soon appreciate their homeland, and realise why so many people from other countries want to live here.

Yes i had this same debate with a friend at the weekend and his view was that our culture isnt worth saving because we’ve become so materialistic that we are too selfish to even produce a decent number of children in case it means our personal comfort and wealth is reduced. So we should just let the Muslims take over cos at least they are happy to have 9 kids!
In England we have a problem building also because (and this is not politically correct to say) the well-educated are not willing to have more than one or two children because of the cost of housing and the desire to maintain a middle class lifestyle with nice cars and holidays, so the only people breeding in large numbers other than recent immigrants are those who are poorly educated and dependent on the state. Thus we are becoming less intelligent as a nation.
Thing is, you gotta consider the types of jobs gonna need as the British white population ages and goes into homes, you think the state is gonna pay those people well?
It’s not, pretty sure they were just thinking ahead is all, now you’ll just have to wipe your own asses cuz there won’t be some guy from some place where they talk different to do it for you :o

Tags
this is morrissey info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom