Morrissey interview in El Pais (Apr. 26, 2015, Spanish)

An anonymous person posted the link:

Morrissey: “El pop ya no contiene exigencias intelectuales”
- El País
El controvertido músico británico regresa a España para actuar en Barcelona y en Murcia
By Rafa Cervera

Google Translate to English

Excerpt:

"I recently contacted some record and all have rejected me," he says before analyzing why their situation. "Pop music lives in the era of marketing and only leads to people with very low levels of competition, it is much easier to get rid of them once six months have evaporated fame". Here it is categorically clear that the option of crowdfunding was not made ​​for him: "It is a desperate measure, and insulting to your audience. We have already provided sufficient amounts of money. What is the next thing you're going to ask? What brush our teeth? ". The tours are by far their link with dedicated followers. "It's the only option left luckily me and is a very good and exciting. The only unpleasant part of this that whenever a concert is canceled the story captures attention; but if the concert took place, it would hardly be mentioned. Many people enjoy writing negative things about me. Which is fine with me. Let them go if it makes them happy. "

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Instead of getting PETA in to talk bollocks about his contribution to killing animals to eat cheese, he should set up a stall with MIND and direct The List to their mental health professionals instead of to the front of the stage.

And you should know all about mental health issues. What exactly is your diagnosis - I'll take a guess at Compensatory Narcissistic Personality Disorder?

There's definitely something delusional going on as well since you claim to being providing a "challenge" to Morrissey, yet you refuse to do it anywhere you might conceivably influence the opinion of the wider world. You prefer to do it in an online forum where everyone regards you as an irrelevant troll.

Fake.

Instead of getting PETA in to talk bollocks about his contribution to killing animals to eat cheese, he should set up a stall with MIND and direct The List to their mental health professionals instead of to the front of the stage. A Cult Recovery group would also be useful. [...] Just enjoy his beautiful voice, sometimes excellent lyrics and also enjoy his side-act of being an internet troll and clown. But not a Klovn, he's not good enough to compete with Frank & Casper. Unlike "BrummieBoy". Laugh at the captive cult casualties in The List as they are herded to the front to perform like circus seals for the ringleader of the deluded, aka: Morrissey.

Dr Bummie, could you please explain the difference in mental health disorders between (a) people who enjoy seeing gigs from as close to the front as possible and (b) those who spend pretty much all of their days on the same internet site, writing endless angry prose that is becoming increasingly divorced from reality, pretty much just saying the same thing over and over again to people who aren't interested? Out of those two types, which is the most balanced?

And you should know all about mental health issues. What exactly is your diagnosis - I'll take a guess at Compensatory Narcissistic Personality Disorder?

There's definitely something delusional going on as well since you claim to being providing a "challenge" to Morrissey, yet you refuse to do it anywhere you might conceivably influence the opinion of the wider world. You prefer to do it in an online forum where everyone regards you as an irrelevant troll.

Fake.

You're my hero.

I travel to see moz. I don't appreciate being called a delusional cult member when he knows nothing about me.

He's a troll with too much free time. Plain and simple.

I'm not sure I believe that Moz doesn't know what Johnny is doing, and vice versa. On past occasions Moz has been asked about Marr's music output (e.g. for 'The The') and he answered something along the lines of 'Johnny has written some good songs, I wish he had given them to me', or words to that effect. So certainly at one point Moz was aware of Marr's post Smiths output. I'd be amazed if Moz didn't listen to Marr's debut solo album, even just once. He couldn't be that blinkered, you would hope.

BB kind of has it right. Let's face it. Most "fans" are not nice and kind. They're jerks who pretend to be nice to your face but aren't really. Then with the rise of social media you got the fans who think they are as big a star as Morrissey himself. It really has gotten out of control.

BB kind of has it right. Let's face it. Most "fans" are not nice and kind. They're jerks who pretend to be nice to your face but aren't really. Then with the rise of social media you got the fans who think they are as big a star as Morrissey himself. It really has gotten out of control.

I totally agree with you, most moz fans i have meet are cliched hipster assholes talking smack about others in line. Very cold people. Although i have meet a couple of good ones, like the girl who has alot of tattos and been to alot of moz shows

'fans' (in absence of better term) i personally know are the most valuable persons: truly respectful, intelligent, creative, kind, caring and handsome (beautiful).

i saw them all at concert in belgrade :)

Sounds to me that you are a jealous, bitter, bored old man. Why concern yourself with people who like to travel and see their favourite artist? Because you have nothing better to do than troll a messageboard all day. FAIL!

There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING more important than thinking about Morrissey all day. If the whole world would just focus on him then World Peace would arrive in a flash. I'm just doing my bit.

Take your teeth out and wrap your gums around my plums.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

Fake.

You clearly don't regard me as an irrelevant troll as you've replied. I've also answered your query before so will not do so again.

Take your dentures out and wrap your gums around my plums.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

Dr Bummie, could you please explain the difference in mental health disorders between (a) people who enjoy seeing gigs from as close to the front as possible and (b) those who spend pretty much all of their days on the same internet site, writing endless angry prose that is becoming increasingly divorced from reality, pretty much just saying the same thing over and over again to people who aren't interested? Out of those two types, which is the most balanced?

There is NOTHING MORE IMPORTANT than either listening to Morrissey or ruminating on his vast epochal importance. Thus, those who spend all day thinking about The Mozziah epitomize sound mental health, whilst those who bother with such nonsense as jobs or family are clearly delusional.

Now give me a gum-job.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

You're my hero.

I travel to see moz. I don't appreciate being called a delusional cult member when he knows nothing about me.

He's a troll with too much free time. Plain and simple.

U mad bro?

best
BB

Why don't people understand that in life there isn't "one truth". Morrissey told his truth from his feelings towards events and people so we have to take it seriously to some extent. Johnny will tell his truth from his feelings so will have to take it seriously to some extent, too. Both are truths and valid. Besides I think that Moz is more open today than when he was young. In his 20s he was so narrow minded. He would have never lived in Rome, for example. And I think this is a good thing.

I think people do understand that. Nobody said Morrissey doesn't believe what he said to be true, but he rarely takes any responsibility for anything.
I don't think it's in his character to admit or even understand he's a pain in the arse and difficult and be honest about what happens when he may be at fault.

I think from Johnny will be probably do the same from his perspective (as it's human nature), but certainly not to the extent Morrissey has done.
I think with Marr we can expect to understand a fair understanding of what it was like to work with Morrissey I don't think we'd get that from Morrisseys book.

I can not verify this, but supposedly this is Morrissey in about 2002 in the studio when he was really cashing in on the Mexican fans in California and Mexico and having the "Iguanas" listed as top bill even though they were opening up for him during this time for the tours. This is an unreleased song he was working on. I don't know who the guitar player is, but rumor is, it is Craig Gannon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom