Morrissey interview in El Pais (Apr. 26, 2015, Spanish)

An anonymous person posted the link:

Morrissey: “El pop ya no contiene exigencias intelectuales”
- El País
El controvertido músico británico regresa a España para actuar en Barcelona y en Murcia
By Rafa Cervera

Google Translate to English

Excerpt:

"I recently contacted some record and all have rejected me," he says before analyzing why their situation. "Pop music lives in the era of marketing and only leads to people with very low levels of competition, it is much easier to get rid of them once six months have evaporated fame". Here it is categorically clear that the option of crowdfunding was not made ​​for him: "It is a desperate measure, and insulting to your audience. We have already provided sufficient amounts of money. What is the next thing you're going to ask? What brush our teeth? ". The tours are by far their link with dedicated followers. "It's the only option left luckily me and is a very good and exciting. The only unpleasant part of this that whenever a concert is canceled the story captures attention; but if the concert took place, it would hardly be mentioned. Many people enjoy writing negative things about me. Which is fine with me. Let them go if it makes them happy. "

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Moz has the copywright to WPINOYB. He payed for the recording. You can see it here

http://dvd.box.sk/newsimg/dvdmov/max1405095678-back-cover.jpg

max1405095678-back-cover.jpg

Harvest had to market and distribute it and received a profitsharing.

thats not necessarily so. proof is that if that was so he would have already have found someone to distribute it on that basis as they would have to pun down no money and secondly he would have then recorded the second album. why bother with elektra if he wants is distribution, any indie can do that. he doesnt even have to go to kickstarter, he can simply sell via tty.

I don't find the Johnny Marr part sad at all. It's nothing new. Moz and Johnny said it a million times in the past. Nobody can really say that we hadn't enough time to come to terms with that. So, that's that.

What a load of baloney.

Johnny is on record about wanting to talk to Morrissey and keep some kind of contact with him.

Marr even something to the effect of "There's only so many times you can try to contact someone (and they don't reply) before you just say "f*** it".

So the ending of the friendship is on Morrissey's side.

Just like how he's ended dozens of others.

The people no longer associated with Moz ought to consider themselves lucky they are away from that nut job.

Morrissey should back off the interviews and see a psychiatrist.

Moz is so right when he says Ed Sheeran has nothing to say. His current over-exposing heavy-rotation hit, "Thinking Out Loud," isn't too deep on thoughts, but rather is a cliche love song. Sheeran seems to inadvertently express disdain for old souls. When the best part of your song goes, "But baby now," you know your song is lacking in statements.

He sounds like he always does. He's fine.

What a load of baloney.

Johnny is on record about wanting to talk to Morrissey and keep some kind of contact with him.

Marr even something to the effect of "There's only so many times you can try to contact someone (and they don't reply) before you just say "f*** it".

The people no longer associated with Moz ought to consider themselves lucky they are away from that nut job.

Good point.

What a load of baloney.

I just finished "A Light That Never Goes Out" and while it's heavily quoting Johnny and Andy, there are other quotes that really state same. One of their pseudo-managers really gives it to Morrissey.

I just finished "A Light That Never Goes Out" and while it's heavily quoting Johnny and Andy, there are other quotes that really state same. One of their pseudo-managers really gives it to Morrissey.

I have not gotten around to read the book. What does the manager say about morrissey

Johnny wants the pay day regardless of what he says in interviews. Andy's fingers are too fat now to even play bass and Morrissey wouldn't be caught dead with Mike Joyce.

Smiths reunion will not happen unless the house in Malibu goes into foreclosure and Morrissey needs a HUGE payday. I am still hoping for my dream to come true of Morrissey and his idol Buster Poindexter doing a duet of "Hot Hot Hot" and releasing it on 6" vinyl single.

I have not gotten around to read the book. What does the manager say about morrissey
Here you go Tyna......would love to hear your thoughts after you read the book. Page 617 BTW....
SPM.JPG

Last edited:
Don't you hate people who perpetuate the Animal Holocaust?

Omg moron, i'm not comparing Morrissey to his old self, i'am wondering what made him hateful against mankind. He has never loved or liked people, but what made him so hateful against mankind in later years. Its not that i do bit agree with him. I hate mankind too, to be honest.

Has someone hurt him very badly or is the modern times really getting to him

He thanks those who traipse around the world to watch the same show and clearly sees that as a sign of his musical performances being extraordinary, rather than that the people who do it are largely disturbed and delusional. We've all see the Entitlement Agenda of those who assume the show cannot possibly proceed unless their gormless faces are staring directly into Morrissey's equally gormless face in a show of mutual, co-dependent cult-casuality mentality. We all thought he was being ironic when he fatuously labelled The Smith's audience as 'disciples'. In the years since we've come to realise he's actually quite unhinged with regard to the meaning of his performances.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

I do not associate with delusional 'fans', however I have seen these people working together to push and barge their way to the very front so they can 'reassure' Morrissey that he's precious and special, just in case he's having an off-night and phoning it in. I'm sure they're kind as they munch on their Cheesy Panini's. Go away.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

The journalist is party to this whole scam of 'mystery-making' by agreeing not to publish the original english replies this starting the nonsense of people Google-translating the fcuk out of his replies. Did Morrissey reply in Spanish? Of course not. In all these silly web interviews in other languages, he replies in English to English question but insists that his original answers are NOT published so that his main audience in the UK/USA are trolled into Google Translate mash-ups of his pseudo-profundities. Game over, Morrissey. Try something fresh, FFS.

best
BB

Agrees.I can't fully understand why a person's sense of esteem would come from attending the same concert over and over again.I think one of the purposes of traveling to other places is also so that people who live in those places can attend a show. I just can't see it being interesting if the same people over and over again are always there. Not to mention with some of the behaviors they show it makes people who might like to be there not want to attend. Yes, the whole translation thing is irritating too. One thing he has been with those interviews is also repetitive. He hasn't said much new or shared anything new really with people that they might like to hear.Then some people in his native language can't even read it properly .I can think of a lot of questions people might have for him or some other topic he could easily bring up but he doesn't. Also, with his talk of animal rights why doesn't he clarify if he is actually vegan now? You would think he would love an opportunity to talk about how that has changed him if this transpired. Though in a lot of ways he was being very phony prior with his wearing of leather shoes. I would think this would be a legit question to ask him about .It would give him another chance to talk about it . I am unable to not dissect the things he says because of a lot of the hypocrisy.It would clear up some resentment on my part to hear a little truth. he used to talk about integrity all of the time yet he lied about so much stuff. None of a lot of what he previously has stated has any relevance especially now that his autobiography has come out . He really does seem fond of the fame game whether he rejects it or not . He has still not been forthright. There is much more he could say or do.I find it hard to believe this is a man who values privacy or integrity when he so frequently trolls the media. It is very obvious. Someone who was more low key would not be heard from nearly as much. Then when he dumps on people his issues these are his fans. Does he really care that they know? If so , why is there no way to contact him? Just saying. Some of this stuff he needs to work out and deal with better. It isn't something everyone needs to know.

Here you go Tyna......would love to hear your thoughts after you read the book. Page 617 BTW....
View attachment 34130

And Jo Slee implied that there was greed "but not from Morrisseys side". So, what are you trying to say? I honestly believe that many things about Moz tend to get exaggerated and that mainly because he refuses to take part in anything and doesn't allow people close to him to talk. And there were always people close to him and many of them are still today. And these aren't the people who constantly talk about him or have an opinion on him. For example, the snippet above contains too many "I think" for me to be taken as face value. But what do I know? Further I find it absolutely fascinating that whenever someone talks about secrets and unspoken truths regarding Moz everyone buys it but when Moz says about the Smiths "people don't know anything and it is better they don't know" it is dismissed. Once you are the scapegoat there is no way back and I think Moz knows many things but decides not to talk about it. Even in his book he doesn't really say anything. Everyone says he is bashing Geoff Travis ... Well, I think Geoff takes it in good part. He and Moz were still talking a few years back. Gail Colson is the manager of Chrissie Hynde for a long time now and by Chrissies account the get on well.

If you bothered going to a show you would know the guest list is walked in by security before the doors open and therefore they do not push to the front. The people who push are people who didn't even queue to get to the front.

That may be so recently now that The List of Cult Casualities has been formalised but years ago it was plain to see them barging. Why doesn't Morrissey have a 'golden circle' for The Cult on his silly List and charge them $1000 a night? Or a meet'n'greet before the gig so they can kiss his fat, drooping middle-aged ass? And why isn't Julia The Cult Queen carried in on a sedan-chair? Of course, she NEVER acts like an entitled diva. Nobodies EVER seen that, have they? Still, if the hired muscle goons are looking out for you, you know you can take liberties. Why not brand The List Cult Casualties on their foreheads so the rest of the Audience can avoid them and mock and jeer at the utter nonsense of Morrissey's 'fan worship' which is constructing from exploiting mentally ill people who are so lost that they can find nothing else in life beyond 'pop music'. Just like their ridiculous Dear Leader Morrissey.

Jayzus! What a crock of shite.

best
BB

What a load of baloney.

^THIS! I cannot wait for Johnny Marr's Autobiography. Has Mike Joyce done one yet? LOL! Morrissey speaks with forked tongue, yet again. Presumably to try and get a response from Johnny Marr. But Johnny isn't feeding the troll, he's keeping it all for his bookie-wookie.

best
BB

Moz is so right when he says Ed Sheeran has nothing to say. His current over-exposing heavy-rotation hit, "Thinking Out Loud," isn't too deep on thoughts, but rather is a cliche love song. Sheeran seems to inadvertently express disdain for old souls. When the best part of your song goes, "But baby now," you know your song is lacking in statements.

Then don't listen to Ed. How tragic for you all, Ed gets 3 nights at Wembley Stadium and 2 night at Croke Park whilst Morrissey is unable to even sell-out one night at the O2 arena or any of the other arenas he's dragged his ass around lately. Please become a professional music critic as your risible analysis portends a career of comedy gold.

best
BB

^THIS! I cannot wait for Johnny Marr's Autobiography. Has Mike Joyce done one yet? LOL! Morrissey speaks with forked tongue, yet again. Presumably to try and get a response from Johnny Marr. But Johnny isn't feeding the troll, he's keeping it all for his bookie-wookie.

best
BB

Marr's book should be great, cannot wait for it.
I love Morrissey's book and I imagine it would be a much more fluid and entertaining read (in terms of how it's written), but I think Marr's will be much closer to the truth.

I think Morrissey should do an audio book of his! That would be awesome.

I think when the smiths broke up Morrissey was very much open to work with Marr again (and said so in interviews in the late 80's) and Marr clearly didn't want that, so he's probably bitter and twisted about that rejection.
I also imaging he's tired of people constantly commenting to him about Marr in interviews 30 years (almost) since he last worked with him.

He's not one to take rejection well IMO and as he's got older he's got more bitter about these things and he tolerates nothing these days that is slightly at odds with his views.

Morrissey, your arse belongs to me now....

Don't you hate people who perpetuate the Animal Holocaust?

Yes, I do. Especially if they're singing "Meat Is Murder" for 32 years whilst stuffing their gob full of Torture/Slaughter/Corpse Cheese. Morrissey, along with the other gradualist Vege-Cheese-tarians crank-frauds, has done more to perpetuate animal suffering than to begin eradicating it. His blast at Eavis shows he's woken up and realises unless he makes amends, acts of contrition and fesses up, he will go straight to hell, not to Vegan-Heaven.

Where the f*** is Morrissey's public 'mea culpa' for being a cheese-eating surrender merchant? (don't insult monkeys!) If he's seen with cheese in his big gob, munching Cheezits onstage, or a backstage rider escapes showing he's relapsed, he will face Direct Action and Uprising from 'certain people I know'. Let's hope he doesn't die of cheese-induced Cancer before his thorax and lungs clear of all the dead animal gunge and pus from cheese, so we get to finally hear His Vegan Voice. What a car-crash career and life, spending 32 years being either so thick or so deluded that he never joined up the dots until Drill Sergeant BrummieBoy turned up. Stop being a pussy bitch, Morrissey, you have been serviced by the BCFC B109EY Uber-Vegan 2-Tone Zulu Warrior Super Drone and I am going to turn you into one of my soldiers.....till you become a memetic #VeganSuperDroneBlackSabbathMetalChef and kill Carnism through words and vocal melodies. But first, boy, get your arse back into Boot Camp. Time for some spring-time hazing. See you on Dartmoor, Morrissey....you're on your own, lost in the wild, but a real man is coming to show you the way home.....

"Love, it will get you nowhere
You're on your own
Lost in the wild
So come to me now
I could use someone like you

I'm in control, Morrissey-motherf***er, do you understand?
(Aye, sir!)

Morrissey, your mind is just a program
And I'm the virus
I'm changing the station
I'll improve your thresholds
I'll turn you into a super drone (super drone)

Show me your Vegan War face, Morrissey!
(AHHHH!)
You are a pussy! I said show me your Vegan War face!
(AHHHH!)
"

Hail Seitan!
aka:
"BrummieBoy"

Last edited by a moderator:
Marr's book should be great, cannot wait for it.
I love Morrissey's book and I imagine it would be a much more fluid and entertaining read (in terms of how it's written), but I think Marr's will be much closer to the truth.

I think Morrissey should do an audio book of his! That would be awesome.

I think when the smiths broke up Morrissey was very much open to work with Marr again (and said so in interviews in the late 80's) and Marr clearly didn't want that, so he's probably bitter and twisted about that rejection.
I also imaging he's tired of people constantly commenting to him about Marr in interviews 30 years (almost) since he last worked with him.

He's not one to take rejection well IMO and as he's got older he's got more bitter about these things and he tolerates nothing these days that is slightly at odds with his views.

Why don't people understand that in life there isn't "one truth". Morrissey told his truth from his feelings towards events and people so we have to take it seriously to some extent. Johnny will tell his truth from his feelings so will have to take it seriously to some extent, too. Both are truths and valid. Besides I think that Moz is more open today than when he was young. In his 20s he was so narrow minded. He would have never lived in Rome, for example. And I think this is a good thing.

Agrees.I can't fully understand why a person's sense of esteem would come from attending the same concert over and over again.I think one of the purposes of traveling to other places is also so that people who live in those places can attend a show. I just can't see it being interesting if the same people over and over again are always there. Not to mention with some of the behaviors they show it makes people who might like to be there not want to attend. Yes, the whole translation thing is irritating too. One thing he has been with those interviews is also repetitive. He hasn't said much new or shared anything new really with people that they might like to hear.Then some people in his native language can't even read it properly .I can think of a lot of questions people might have for him or some other topic he could easily bring up but he doesn't. Also, with his talk of animal rights why doesn't he clarify if he is actually vegan now? You would think he would love an opportunity to talk about how that has changed him if this transpired. Though in a lot of ways he was being very phony prior with his wearing of leather shoes. I would think this would be a legit question to ask him about .It would give him another chance to talk about it . I am unable to not dissect the things he says because of a lot of the hypocrisy.It would clear up some resentment on my part to hear a little truth. he used to talk about integrity all of the time yet he lied about so much stuff. None of a lot of what he previously has stated has any relevance especially now that his autobiography has come out . He really does seem fond of the fame game whether he rejects it or not . He has still not been forthright. There is much more he could say or do.I find it hard to believe this is a man who values privacy or integrity when he so frequently trolls the media. It is very obvious. Someone who was more low key would not be heard from nearly as much. Then when he dumps on people his issues these are his fans. Does he really care that they know? If so , why is there no way to contact him? Just saying. Some of this stuff he needs to work out and deal with better. It isn't something everyone needs to know.

Instead of getting PETA in to talk bollocks about his contribution to killing animals to eat cheese, he should set up a stall with MIND and direct The List to their mental health professionals instead of to the front of the stage. A Cult Recovery group would also be useful.

How can he find it interesting to look out and see the same cult casualties all over the world? Singing to the choir isn't the half of it. I suppose their craven adulation is some sort of comfort blanket he clings to, hence they get preferential treatment from the bouncers when they wild out to get a whiff of his B.O on his discarded shirt.

Yes, he's a stuck record, on autopilot, saying the same tired things. Except his statement on Glasto which increasingly looks like a last-ditch panic stricken attempt to avoid the consequences of 32 years of killing for cheese and submitting to Eavis's censorship like a prison bitch of the dairy industry: which is exactly what he's been for his entire career until "BrummieBoy" staged an intervention. He's a fame-hag-troll, very sad in a man of 55 but his trolling was there from the outset and he can't reform himself now. Yes, if he wants Privacy, then STFU for a while and piss off back to Istanbul or Jakarta where virtually nobody would even have a clue who he is and would assume he's just another rich, white tourist.

He wants a one-way traffic with Social Media. He wants to censor this site and has behaved disgracefully towards the proprietor, DavidT. He has a LOT of issues to sort which would be better dealt with in a psychiatrist's office, if he isn't too arrogant to consider that some of his absurd 'artistic-diva-strops' may possibly be the signs of an undiagnosed and untreated problem.

Just enjoy his beautiful voice, sometimes excellent lyrics and also enjoy his side-act of being an internet troll and clown. But not a Klovn, he's not good enough to compete with Frank & Casper. Unlike "BrummieBoy". Laugh at the captive cult casualties in The List as they are herded to the front to perform like circus seals for the ringleader of the deluded, aka: Morrissey.

best
BB

Instead of getting PETA in to talk bollocks about his contribution to killing animals to eat cheese, he should set up a stall with MIND and direct The List to their mental health professionals instead of to the front of the stage. A Cult Recovery group would also be useful.

How can he find it interesting to look out and see the same cult casualties all over the world? Singing to the choir isn't the half of it. I suppose their craven adulation is some sort of comfort blanket he clings to, hence they get preferential treatment from the bouncers when they wild out to get a whiff of his B.O on his discarded shirt.

Yes, he's a stuck record, on autopilot, saying the same tired things. Except his statement on Glasto which increasingly looks like a last-ditch panic stricken attempt to avoid the consequences of 32 years of killing for cheese and submitting to Eavis's censorship like a prison bitch of the dairy industry: which is exactly what he's been for his entire career until "BrummieBoy" staged an intervention. He's a fame-hag-troll, very sad in a man of 55 but his trolling was there from the outset and he can't reform himself now. Yes, if he wants Privacy, then STFU for a while and piss off back to Istanbul or Jakarta where virtually nobody would even have a clue who he is and would assume he's just another rich, white tourist.

He wants a one-way traffic with Social Media. He wants to censor this site and has behaved disgracefully towards the proprietor, DavidT. He has a LOT of issues to sort which would be better dealt with in a psychiatrist's office, if he isn't too arrogant to consider that some of his absurd 'artistic-diva-strops' may possibly be the signs of an undiagnosed and untreated problem.

Just enjoy his beautiful voice, sometimes excellent lyrics and also enjoy his side-act of being an internet troll and clown. But not a Klovn, he's not good enough to compete with Frank & Casper. Unlike "BrummieBoy". Laugh at the captive cult casualties in The List as they are herded to the front to perform like circus seals for the ringleader of the deluded, aka: Morrissey.

best
BB

Sounds to me that you are a jealous, bitter, bored old man. Why concern yourself with people who like to travel and see their favourite artist? Because you have nothing better to do than troll a messageboard all day. FAIL!

Back
Top Bottom