Morrissey interview in El Mundo (Spain); cancer treatment mention

An anonymous person writes:

'Ya descansaré cuando esté muerto' - El Mundo

Notice this: "Me han raspado tejidos cancerosos en cuatro ocasiones ya, pero qué más da"-->using google translator: "I have been scraping cancerous tissues four times already, but who cares"

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Morrissey cancer story in Evening Standard

166+ articles on Google alone. After several pages, I simply stopped looking.

Re: Morrissey cancer story in Evening Standard

I read "Morrissey's cancer story" and I thought he was going to entertain us...A cancer walks into a bar...

Not a bedtime story for kiddies, that cancer story. But I'm pretty sure Morrissey will still be there when I wake up...and the day after...So...Night night!

One thing we've learnt from that story though is
"learn foreign languages; it can come in handy.":D

Yahoo home page right now:

VdlQwT.jpg

Wow. All the news media - it's crazy.

I freaked out a little yesterday, but I agree with what others are saying - we don't know much and have very little to go on. He doesn't owe us anything, of course, but it would be nice to hear more on the subject as we have all known for a while now that he's been very unwell. I can only hope that whatever it is can be controlled - if he cannot make a full recovery. Maybe he will issue a statement via TTY soon...

Re: New interviw: El Mundo (Spain) I have been scraping cancerous tissues four times already, but wh

Depends how you translate it.
What if I translate this in a different way: "I have had four cancer-scrapings." or "I have been scraped for cancerous cells four times." In any case, "scraping" usually refers to biopsy testing, not to operation/excision of tumors.

To me spanish seems complicated but I never realised it is so complicated that spanish speaking people cannot understand an interview in the language.

Re: New interviw: El Mundo (Spain) I have been scraping cancerous tissues four times already, but wh

A: They have scraped cancerous tissues from me four times already, but who cares. If I die, then I die. And if not, then I don’t. Right now I feel good. I am aware that in recent photos I look unwell, but that is what illness does. I'm not going to worry about that, I’ll rest when I'm dead. ...Morrissey.

Yes it is....because we don't know all the particulars. He seems pretty fatalistic about it. Hope and pray for the best....all we can do.

Keene, that seems such a nice thing to say, on what could be seen as a very bad day. Respect.

One has to admire Morrissey for speaking out like this, at this difficult time, which has probably been going on for some time, sad to say. It seems so cruel that something like this could attack Morrissey when he has been a fighter all of his life. Why now. Why him ?
Why others - as many have gone through the pain of losing loved ones.

Time isnt kind, as Roland Gift sang. It seems so sad to write this but there has never been a day when I didnt think that I would have Morrissey in it. Now in the hours, days, weeks, months ahead, i have to contemplate that.

Despite what he says, out of genuine humility and honesty, Morrissey's songs and singing have brought so much pleasure
into so many peoples lives - all over the world, rich or poor, religious or not - it is going to be so sad when he no longer strolls the stage, flips the mic cable, jumps onto the speakers.

May Angels lead him in, as the song goes. But not for a while, please.

Love,

Hazard
England

Clearly he's not following doctor's orders. :p

lisbon3.jpg

You know, it's amazing---out of the countless articles I've read reporting that Morrissey has received "cancer treatment," I haven't seen one single mention of a journalist actually reaching out to contact him directly. In a situation like this, it seems like the most obvious thing to do from a journalist's perspective, but apparently no one has had the sense to actually attempt to contact Morrissey for a statement.

Last edited:
As much as I think he can often be an arrogant jerk-off and an opinionated moron, I do hope he finds himself in complete good health as soon as possible.

You know, it's amazing---out of the countless articles I've read reporting that Morrissey has received "cancer treatment," I haven't seen one single mention of a journalist actually reaching out to contact him directly. In a situation like this, it seems like the most obvious thing to do from a journalist's perspective, but apparently no one has had the sense to actually attempt to contact Morrissey for a statement.

Yep. Or a doctor. Or close sources. Or mention the information was gleaned from GOOGLE TRANSLATE which has entire websites dedicated to laughing at the hilarious inaccuracies of basic sentences, let alone nuanced ideas and utterances. :straightface:

Morrissey will be OK. If HE isn't worried about it, then why should everyone panic?

The doctors will check him out every so often. Meanwhile, he seems determined to live his life.

I wish him the best.

I really hope we get a TTY statement. The media basically has him buried, and I can't see him being ok with that.

Wow. All the news media - it's crazy.

I freaked out a little yesterday, but I agree with what others are saying - we don't know much and have very little to go on. He doesn't owe us anything, of course, but it would be nice to hear more on the subject as we have all known for a while now that he's been very unwell. I can only hope that whatever it is can be controlled - if he cannot make a full recovery. Maybe he will issue a statement via TTY soon...

Well, it shows how much Morrissey is thought about, that's for sure. I mean, there is a lot
of news going on today and he made the news everywhere, which is a credit to him.

I was just going to add that talking about this must be very difficult. For anyone.
Having a biopsy/scrape for cancer symptoms is scary enough, but the way that Morrissey
has handled that, and then another 4, and for any, or all, of these to have come back positive, with some form
of bad result, indicating cancerous tissues, is truly scary and devasting.

Credit to Morrissey for having a go. For fighting. For carrying on. At 50% health, 25% or lower, thats class. Just amazing.

I am not a doctor and I do not know what treatments - if any - are available. I dont know
whether it would mean chemotherapy or more targeted drugs. I dont know but I can tell
you that this man has guts by the bucketfull to come out and speak so honestly and openly
about it. Maybe more time is needed before more statements can be released - it's fantastic
that he is still on stage, performing, like the legend he truly is. Fortune favours the brave and let's keep our fingers crossed.

Strawberry.
x

Re: Apparenty it's cancer.

I feel like a loved one has just told me this news. I've had this horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach since I read this.

I've done a lot of research on 'The big C' manly because of my own curiosity and if I could give Morrissey any advice it would be to stay away from Hospitals and doctors and introduce some regular exercise and adopt a majority plant-based diet, fruit, vegetables, nuts, seeds, smoothies, vegetable juices. And try and build up his immune system. Because contrary to what most people believe the tumour is not the cancer, it's the symptom of Cancer. So it doesn't matter how many tumours you shrink or remove from the human body. If you don't address the underling problem then these tumours can and do grow back. The cure for cancer has always been and will always be the Immune system. A healthy and strong immune system will not allow cancer to develop. It will destroy abnormal cells before the have the chance to mutate and multiply.

Sorry I know that was a bit off-topic but I just hope Moz has an open mind about this and is willing to look beyond so called conventional medicine. Because I'm sure I speak for all of us here when I say we would like to share this planet with our man for many more years to come.

Ha ha ha. Priceless hippie lunacy. Eat some fruit and cure cancer.

Re: Apparenty it's cancer.

it probably seems really selfish, but it disturbs me immensely that I may never have a chance to touch him. this is really worrying. i sort of always assumed I'd die before Morrissey.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom