Morrissey interview in Cult Montreal

Re: New interview (boycotting Canada, Smith reunion rumors, new LP etc)

Must be frustrating for him to be asked the same questions over and over again.

Damn. When the title of this thread said "new LP," I was hoping he'd give news about a newly-struck deal that meets his expectations. It would be very him to mention it first casually in an obscure interview.

He's going to be getting some backlash for that "we'd expect more intelligence and understanding from Canada than China" comment, I expect.

Last edited:

Someone should ask Morrissey why he doesn't go to Canada and save beaten seals with that magical bread that seems to have revived so many concussed squirrels and pigeons all over the world...

There's just nothing but hatred for the other three Smiths. Pure hatred.

Someone should ask Morrissey why he doesn't go to Canada and save beaten seals with that magical bread that seems to have revived so many concussed squirrels and pigeons all over the world...

Good one. You've made my morning!

:laughing:

Kinda dickish given how many times Johnny has revealed that they keep in intermittent email contact. Yeah, they're not bff's, but there really shouldn't be that much hatred. He probably just wants there to be absolutely no doubt that he does not want a Smiths reunion. Now, anyways.

He's going to be getting some backlash for that "we'd expect more intelligence and understanding from Canada than China" comment, I expect.

Bad word choice. Unless of course he meant 'intelligence', as in 'information.' Because yes, Canadian citizens do have better access to information than Chinese citizens do.

Hatred, really? Maybe he does hate Joyce, but towards the others he just sounds indifferent. He didn't exactly wish death on them, he just wants interviewers to drop the subject. He has no real reason at all to hate Andy or Johnny,

Must be frustrating for him to be asked the same questions over and over again.

He sounds like he has the most boring life of all time. :D He needs to join the Scramble with Friends Revolution! (Everyone's glued to their phones looking at the internet reading solo. Think about it. :cool:)

I like these little gems:

"It would be a bit like me becoming part of a reformed Led Zeppelin."

Oh boy would I love to see Page and Moz collaborate. How awesome would that be? Plant could sing backups and Paul Jones would do his usual thang. Who'd play drums? Why are drummers in such short supply and rotated so frequently? The drummer is so often the liability it seems.

"I’ve never given it any thought. I don’t have any trouble selling tickets, so I’ve never needed to concoct any thematic reason to be onstage."

There it is kids. You heard it from the man himself. Want him to change the set-lists? Stop buying tickets. Vacant seats send a strong message. The message you want him to hear. As long as he is filling the seats, he'll sing what he wants to sing.

"The world is now just one big country. Haven’t you noticed?"

Perhaps he's more in touch than we thought.

"I can’t stand the noise generation, so I keep away from people as much as possible. I get sick to death of watching people glare into their mobile cell phones. That’s all people seem to do now."

I think he elaborates more here about what he meant by his dislike of cell phones. It seems it isn't really that he hates technology but that he doesn't like that everyone has to be constantly stimulated by music, talking, and video. I agree with this completely. Silence is golden.

Weird name for a magazine.

"Why would I make music with people I don’t know? It would be a bit like me becoming part of a reformed Led Zeppelin — it’s that remote."

Might be the most hyperbolic thing that Mr. Hyperbole has ever said about reuniting the Smiths. He performed with the same 3 band members for 5 years and co-wrote all their songs. He still performs a great number of them solo. And so does Johnny Marr. I think the learning curve would be a bit less steep than if Morrissey joined Led Zeppelin.

There's nothing wrong with him saying he just doesn't want to (because he hates/wishes to spite all the other Smiths band members), nor have to (because he's still selling out venues and fans still rush the stage and hug him like it's still 198f***in6). But to say something like that is just ridiculous.

He's an unaccountable bore. the man's dreary, blearly bullshit is more than enough... I don't even want another album from him...
Ringleader was f***ing phenomenal - how can he produce such material, then counteract it with YOF and his other squatted-song-shits.

Bring out yer autobiography then f*** off so I can remember you well.

I did used to love you, but you changed. I didn't. X)

This is funny, and made me laugh
Thanks

Playing an entire album has, in some cases, very little if anything at all to do with selling tickets. There are many bands who sell out stadium tours regularly who perform certain albums for and to the appreciation of their devoted audiences. And might i add, he does hsve trouble selling tickets in many places. He has canceled a number of shows for this very reason.

Tags
canada new music seal hunt smiths

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom