Morrissey interview in Cult Montreal

Re: New interview (boycotting Canada, Smith reunion rumors, new LP etc)

Must be frustrating for him to be asked the same questions over and over again.

Re: New interview (boycotting Canada, Smith reunion rumors, new LP etc)

I did used to love you, but you changed. I didn't.

And THAT is your tragedy. Everyone changes - apart from tedious reactionary bores. How uncreative it would be to simply keep churning out exactly the same crap, each album the same as the last, like Status Quo... but that's what happens when people don't change.

Canadians are simply too NICE to discharge our own government. Oh, many of us loathe them. But kick them out of office? No.

We are so boring we flatline. Too modest and shy to cause an uproar.

I thought Morrissey would understand such feelings.

I don't agree with the seal hunting. But I won't sign the petition because I don't support PETA whatsoever, and want nothing to do with them.

I've said this before, but Morrissey would never boycott Mexico. What they do to stray dogs is heinous and tragic. Speaking of Mexican dogs...a tale:

My wife and I were in Playa Del Carmen a few years back. We were walking along the street, looking for a particular restaurant. A stray, very beautiful dog found us. She was very sweet, very affectionate. We called her "Maria".

We found our restaurant and ate. I kept a piece of steak from dinner and pocketed it in a napkin. We found her again walking back to our resort. Once I fed her, she wouldn't leave us alone! She followed us for quite a while, being playful and very funny. She even knew to stop and let cars go by before crossing. Incredibly intelligent dog.

She continued following us, nipping and acting silly. Then before I knew it, she was gone.

Someone else must have caught her fancy.

She broke my heart.

What a bitch.

Tags
canada new music seal hunt smiths

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom