Morrissey interview in Cult Montreal

Re: New interview (boycotting Canada, Smith reunion rumors, new LP etc)

Must be frustrating for him to be asked the same questions over and over again.

I know the entire world treats animals horrifically — just because they can, and because the law always puts money before morality. But there was and is something especially terrifying about the Canadian seal slaughter, partly because we are asked to accept babies being axed to death, but also because we would expect more intelligence and understanding from Canada than we might from, say, China. I know it’s the decision of the Canadian government, and not the people. But the people are empowered to boot the government out whenever they wish. As the people of the Middle East have shown us, we don’t need to wait for elections.
Canada, I’m certain, will manage quite well without me - morrissey

Thanks morrissey for your above comments ! :)

Its not nice of course 4 all his fans in canada, but this boycott illistartes the mans passion and care ect for these beautifull animals.
He has strong compassionate beliefs and morals, and he doesnt care, he wil stand by them no matter what!

Playing an entire album has, in some cases, very little if anything at all to do with selling tickets. There are many bands who sell out stadium tours regularly who perform certain albums for and to the appreciation of their devoted audiences. And might i add, he does hsve trouble selling tickets in many places. He has canceled a number of shows for this very reason.

Think u will find that when morrissey does release his new CD, it will go straight 2 number one or there abouts, in the charts, it allways does! :)
I for one, and im sure everyone else on this forum (eccpet 4 the few morrissey haters on here, goodness knows why they post on here! :( ) will be rushng out 2 the shops very day its released to get it urgently!

And as for his auto biogrophy? sorry should of put this on the other topic about his book but this saves time, Im clever that way lol :)

It surley has 2 be one of the most eagearly awaited books in history!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets hope it comes out in an audio format 2! but It has 2 be read by morrissey himself of course!
Ive actually e-mailed pengiun books weeks ago for an update on his book, release date ect but so far Ive not had a reply!

But ive a feeling his book will give us a lot of the answers we seek, including the million dollar question, what he really thinks and feels about a certain miss young!!!!!

Shes not part of the world tour 4 nothing!!!!!!!! :)

ABSOULTEY FANTASTIC !!!!!!!! :)

Last edited:

I know the entire world treats animals horrifically — just because they can, and because the law always puts money before morality. But there was and is something especially terrifying about the Canadian seal slaughter, partly because we are asked to accept babies being axed to death, but also because we would expect more intelligence and understanding from Canada than we might from, say, China. I know it’s the decision of the Canadian government, and not the people. But the people are empowered to boot the government out whenever they wish. As the people of the Middle East have shown us, we don’t need to wait for elections.
Canada, I’m certain, will manage quite well without me - morrissey

Thanks morrissey for your above comments ! :)

Its not nice of course 4 all his fans in canada, but this boycott illistartes the mans passion and care ect for these beautifull animals.
He has strong compassionate beliefs and morals, and he doesnt care, he wil stand by them no matter what!

Think u will find that when morrissey does release his new CD, it will go straight 2 number one or there abouts, in the charts, it allways does! :)
I for one, and im sure everyone else on this forum (eccpet 4 the few morrissey haters on here, goodness knows why they post on here! :( ) will be rushng out the very day its released to get it urgently!

And as for his auto biogrophy? sorry should of put this on the other topic about his book but this saves time, Im clever that way lol :)

It surley has 2 be one of the most eagearly awaited books in history!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets hope it comes out in an audio format 2! but It has 2 be read by morrissey himself of course!
Ive actually e-mailed pengiun books weeks ago for an update on his book, release date ect but so far Ive not had a reply!

But ive a feeling his book will give us a lot of the answers we seek, including the million dollar question, what he really thinks and feels about a certain miss young!!!!!

Shes not part of the world tour 4 nothing!!!!!!!! :)

ABSOULTEY FANTASTIC !!!!!!!! :)

Will you please go do your light work in the bathtub so you'll be electrocuted? Jesus.

Still enjoying this string of email interviews -- I think they'd make a good book (or free pdf!) as a snapshot of Morrissey 2011-present.

His comments about The Smiths reforming pretty much end any possibility at this juncture. i.e. If it were to happen, Morrissey would actually have to find out where they live, get together in rooms, talk etc. I don't seem him doing it. Honestly, can you envision Morrissey sitting there having toast across from Mike Joyce. Never!

Marr alone joining Morrissey on stage at some point in the future would be a rare treat.

And I hope the Canada whinging will end now -- there's really not a good comeback to what he said. He simply holds Canada to a higher standard. Not the people's fault he says, but Canadians' apathy (?) to the seal hunt is what's keeping him away.

Always interesting!

Still enjoying this string of email interviews -- I think they'd make a good book (or free pdf!) as a snapshot of Morrissey 2011-present.

His comments about The Smiths reforming pretty much end any possibility at this juncture. i.e. If it were to happen, Morrissey would actually have to find out where they live, get together in rooms, talk etc. I don't seem him doing it. Honestly, can you envision Morrissey sitting there having toast across from Mike Joyce. Never!

Always interesting!

Yeah, I call bullshit on that one. He knows where Joyce and Johnny live at least, because they haven't moved since the Smiths split, and at one point all 4 of the ex-band members were living in the same area. He's been making it clear for over a decade that a Smiths reunion would never happen...now I think he's just hammering the point home with hyperbole because it's like talking to a brick wall as far as the Press are concerned.

"Lorraine Carpenter: I missed out on seeing the Smiths in Montreal (I was eight), but I applaud you for vowing to never reform the band. Do you know whether the other three feel the same way?

Morrissey: We know nothing about each other. We aren’t friends, and we don’t know where one another lives, so when I hear reunion rumours, it’s always so ridiculous. Why would I make music with people I don’t know? It would be a bit like me becoming part of a reformed Led Zeppelin — it’s that remote. Also, why does the press assume that I need a reformation? With never an assumption that I’m quite happy as I am?"

Still feel that "there's something in it this time," Uncle skinny??

sad thing is though that if the seal clubbing was in Mexico it wouldn't have even been mentioned by him.

sad thing is though that if the seal clubbing was in Mexico it wouldn't have even been mentioned by him.

You're right...where is his boycott of Mexico for their long-standing history of donkey molestations?

No King Leer the whining will not end, we will not be silenced, there is obviously more to Morrissey's boycott than just the seal hunt. There were rumours of an instore signing at HMV in Toronto that fell through, and other rumours of disagreements with promoters.

Scotland has just approved a cull of seals, will Moz boycott them, not bloody likely! A hypocrite in every sense of the word!
http://afloat.ie/port-news/marine-w...ada-watching-eu-seal-cull-plans-with-interest

The poor seal clubs of Canada ?
So what about the poor sheep of New-Zealand who get their throats so grousomely SLASHED without being stunned ?

So if Canada slashed their throats instead of hitting them over the cranium maybe you never know he just might put them on the tour OR maybe he should take New-Zealand OFF the tour ???????

http://behalal.org/industry/mail-ho...n-are-halal-but-this-is-not-put-on-the-label/

Discuss Meaties and Vegatablists

MEAT IS MURDER but only when it suits !!! What a joke!!!
What next ? You can be a veggie and still have a sneaky bacon sarny ????

No King Leer the whining will not end, we will not be silenced, there is obviously more to Morrissey's boycott than just the seal hunt. There were rumours of an instore signing at HMV in Toronto that fell through, and other rumours of disagreements with promoters.

Scotland has just approved a cull of seals, will Moz boycott them, not bloody likely! A hypocrite in every sense of the word!
http://afloat.ie/port-news/marine-w...ada-watching-eu-seal-cull-plans-with-interest

Maybe its about the way they kill em! Do they club them or do they slash their throats with a nice little prayer ? Just a thought.

He's an unaccountable bore. the man's dreary, blearly bullshit is more than enough... I don't even want another album from him...
Ringleader was f***ing phenomenal - how can he produce such material, then counteract it with YOF and his other squatted-song-shits.

Bring out yer autobiography then f*** off so I can remember you well.

I did used to love you, but you changed. I didn't. X)

I am sure he'll get over the loss.

Must be frustrating for him to be asked the same questions over and over again.

Yeh your right it does get frustrating also for the fans having to listen to the same answers as well as listening to the same songs over and over again. Aaarrrgghhhhhh
Frustration is my middle name

He's an unaccountable bore. the man's dreary, blearly bullshit is more than enough... I don't even want another album from him...
Ringleader was f***ing phenomenal - how can he produce such material, then counteract it with YOF and his other squatted-song-shits.

Bring out yer autobiography then f*** off so I can remember you well.

I did used to love you, but you changed. I didn't. X)

Steven? Is that you?

Will you please go do your light work in the bathtub so you'll be electrocuted? Jesus.

Think u may be "living" in sum kind of dream world sweetie!

Maybe youve spent so long trolling morrissey-solo.com now , that youve lost all sense of reality !

Your request 4 me 2 electrucute myself is denied !

We dont put innocent people 2 death, we do things slightly differently here in the UK ! :)

Its absoultley pouring down with rain at the moment with angry ice cold winds, even the heavons have opened and gave some dreaded thunder and lightning!
Its absolutley wonderfull weather were having !!!!! :)
I just love these dark, cold, winter nites! :)

Has anyone got a bucket and spade that I can borrow so I can go down the beach and build some sand castles ? :)

Kia ora !!! :)

Steven? Is that you?

Steven ? LOL :) depends which one u mean!
But yes I remember dear steven with such fond memories, the one who launched the greatest internet topic ever of all time
- "the bulls are running!!!!!!!!!!!!" :)
But the steven Im talking about I dought will ever come back, not after what those bastards did to him 7 years ago!!!!!!!! :(

Think u may be "living" in sum kind of dream world sweetie!

Maybe youve spent so long trolling morrissey-solo.com now , that youve lost all sense of reality !

Your request 4 me 2 electrucute myself is denied !

We dont put innocent people 2 death, we do things slightly differently here in the UK ! :)

Its absoultley pouring down with rain at the moment with angry ice cold winds, even the heavons have opened and gave some dreaded thunder and lightning!
Its absolutley wonderfull weather were having !!!!! :)
I just love these dark, cold, winter nites! :)

Has anyone got a bucket and spade that I can borrow so I can go down the beach and build some sand castles ? :)

Kia ora !!! :)

Sand castles? No but I have clay. One of my sisters used it to make a movie you should go see. It details the evil queen who locked up the rare dodo so she and her entitled secret friends could eat her. :angry: Tell me. Not even addressing your greatest lubey creation, which of Patty Smiths album do you love the most? Horuses? Or are you more interested in Paddy's Myth? Knick knack, PADDY WHACK give a dog a skull and bone? I dust knick knacks for a living. If I'm dusting them, I'm studying them. :cool:

Here's the trailer, it's being towed behind my ginormous TRUCK: (Don't forget on my Wheel of FORTUNE, vowels are free. :thumb:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Playing an entire album has, in some cases, very little if anything at all to do with selling tickets. There are many bands who sell out stadium tours regularly who perform certain albums for and to the appreciation of their devoted audiences. And might i add, he does hsve trouble selling tickets in many places. He has canceled a number of shows for this very reason.

It CAN be a gimmick but I've only seen one band ever do it and that was Rush who still fill arenas on a regular basis. They did what they called The Time Machine Tour and they played Moving Pictures in its entirety. Of course, they play a 3 hour set so taking 45 minutes out to play their best album ever doesn't really turn the show into one dedicated to a 20 year old record. On their current tour they are spending 55 minutes on material from their new album (which is a concept album so it has to be bunched together to really work).

The only album I think Morrissey has that really plays well end to end for a live show is Your Arsenal and I'm not really that interested in hearing that entire album in a 19 song set.

I'm pretty happy with the current set-list but I'm one of the few people that really likes Ringleader and Refusal quite a bit.

I saw Built to Spill do Perfect From Now On in it's entirety at the Troubadour, a tiny venue, and it was intense. Every person knew every lyric and they all sang, it was pretty amazing actually, but maybe moreso for an audience member than a performer and I gather Morrissey gets a lot out of a concert as much as we do hearing him play.

I would love to hear Viva Hate played through. They might need more musicians but can you imagine really hearing it like the record? I understand how he sees it as a gimmick but it's also a way to refer to a different era when we listened to records all the way through. With cassettes there was a silent part a lot of times, and you had to endure it because if you fast-forwarded it would run your battery down and stretch your tape. That would be a good time for him to take a break and they could even play a film of a cassette winding. Morrissey was more a cassette era artist I think. He could play some of his CD singles all the way through. They used to have 3 or 4 classic songs on them for $5 and you didn't have to register your record player with Apple.

Tags
canada new music seal hunt smiths

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom