Morrissey interview in athinorama.gr (Greek)

Veganism and Vegetarianism are NOT the same thing. Vegetarianism endorses animal cruelty and slaughter in the production of milk and eggs for dietary purposes. Male calves are killed as are male chicklets. It's also an issue of Gendercide as well as Speciesism.

Did I suggest anything to the contrary in my post? I am recognizing the realities of a horrible world and imperfect humans, not excusing the manner of suffering and death. Every time we consume, we make a choice—regardless of how we label ourselves.

Morrissey is a Vegetarian, not a Vegan so he's achieved nothing of note.

That is categorically untrue. The power of influence is not something that you can just write off because it's not complete and perfect in its nature.

Virtually ever vegan I know in my age group—and I know a lot of vegans—directly attributes the spark that set them on that path to Morrissey. This is not an exaggeration or false praise of the man, it's fact. I can also say without hesitation that virtually every vegan I know was a vegetarian for at least some period of time. That might be shifting now as more and more people become aware of the concept of veganism and the realities of the dairy and egg industries, but that was just not commonly talked about when I went vegetarian in the early '90s. Crack open a "vegetarian" cookbook from the '60s, and you'll often find fish or even poultry recipes. For better or worse, NONE of us live in absolutes. Not even you.

Strange.

I find that video highly disturbing. Highly disturbing. Ugh. A lot more disturbing that the Farm to Fridge video, to be honest. I'm not vegetarian and I wasn't really planning to become one, but this makes me reconsider.

An eerily automatized environment treating sentient intelligent beings like... things. And why does this happen? Well, because people just don't want to eat something else. The fact that these factories exist makes me think that civilization is still an illusion. I can imagine that if you replaced pigs with dogs in that video and showed it to people, 90% of people would be horrified and speechless. Well, I don't think replacing pigs with dogs is even necessary for that to happen.

The pigs are treated as commodities. Agree. If you find it unacceptable you really should become vegan. The cognitive dissonance must be causing you much distress.

Did I suggest anything to the contrary in my post? I am recognizing the realities of a horrible world and imperfect humans, not excusing the manner of suffering and death. Every time we consume, we make a choice—regardless of how we label ourselves.

That is categorically untrue. The power of influence is not something that you can just write off because it's not complete and perfect in its nature.

Virtually ever vegan I know in my age group—and I know a lot of vegans—directly attributes the spark that set them on that path to Morrissey. This is not an exaggeration or false praise of the man, it's fact. I can also say without hesitation that virtually every vegan I know was a vegetarian for at least some period of time. That might be shifting now as more and more people become aware of the concept of veganism and the realities of the dairy and egg industries, but that was just not commonly talked about when I went vegetarian in the early '90s. Crack open a "vegetarian" cookbook from the '60s, and you'll often find fish or even poultry recipes. For better or worse, NONE of us live in absolutes. Not even you.

Morrissey is NOT a Vegan. He has been a 'vegetarian' for many decades. He never explains why he lectures the world about 'eating meat' yet eats cheese, dairy and eggs which contribute as much, if not more, animal suffering to the world. Morrissey does live in 'absolutes' as he simplistically claims 'Meat Is Murder', yet ignores the fact that 'Milk Is Murder'.

I don't expect folk at the local food bank to be able to live a Vegan diet as they are poor. Morrissey is rich enough to follow a vegan diet. He chooses not to because he enjoys cheese. He used to enjoy wearing leather shoes. I see no reason to take his moral absolutism remotely seriously and regard his onstage Torture/Slaughter video as trolling at best and using animal suffering to liven up a boring mid-section of a concert at worst.

best
BB

Cognitive dissonance. That's a good one. That's like a J scrabble tile in the race for intelligence points, but you had to pull out the deep track smart werds to match his "sentient."

Morrissey is NOT a Vegan. He has been a 'vegetarian' for many decades. He never explains why he lectures the world about 'eating meat' yet eats cheese, dairy and eggs which contribute as much, if not more, animal suffering to the world. Morrissey does live in 'absolutes' as he simplistically claims 'Meat Is Murder', yet ignores the fact that 'Milk Is Murder'.

I don't expect folk at the local food bank to be able to live a Vegan diet as they are poor. Morrissey is rich enough to follow a vegan diet. He chooses not to because he enjoys cheese. He used to enjoy wearing leather shoes. I see no reason to take his moral absolutism remotely seriously and regard his onstage Torture/Slaughter video as trolling at best and using animal suffering to liven up a boring mid-section of a concert at worst.

You're completely missing the point of what I wrote, but there's not much point in saying it over a third time, is there? :rolleyes:

You're completely missing the point of what I wrote, but there's not much point in saying it over a third time, is there? :rolleyes:

Not really, as you are not prepared to engage in a debate, but merely to comfort yourself that Morrissey is a radical animal rights activist. He isn't. He's a troll.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

Cognitive dissonance. That's a good one. That's like a J scrabble tile in the race for intelligence points, but you had to pull out the deep track smart werds to match his "sentient."

Isn't 'cognitive dissonance' just another way of describing what you obtusely call 'mind babies'?

best
BB

The pigs are rendered unconscious with carbon monoxide. They would feel no pain, just as those human animals who use carbon monoxide for suicide feel no pain as they slip away. All slaughterhouses uses sentient beings as 'things' to be turned into food. That's why I'm vegan. Pigs are just as intelligent as dogs. The fact you eat one and not the other is a symptom of your Carnism:

"Why We Love Dogs, Eat Pigs, and Wear Cows: An Introduction to Carnism" book trailer

best
BB

(I know I said I wouldn't react to you but this conversation does make sense so let me be humanly inconsistent)

The animals in the video are not screaming with horrendous pain. This fact doesn't make the video less powerful for me. The whole thing is like a silent nightmare; what disturbs me is the whole concept of billions of animals treated like this. That these factories exist. When you treat an animal like this, it's clear that you've decided that it is an object with no right to live and exist on its own terms.

It's kind of interesting that slaughterhouses actually use the same technology that Nazis did with the people they decided to exterminate.

I have a friend who has a pet pig. They're very human-like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird. Which locations? Perhaps those venues did not have the facilities for video projection. At any rate, your experience was not the norm for US shows.

Do they? In my experience, 90% (at least) of the population is totally ignorant about the realities of how their meat got to their plates.

I saw him at the Mann Theater in Philly a few years back and it was not shown. It was an outdoor venue so that might have had something to do with it.

I agree completely....my point is that most (judging by record sales) of Morrissey's audience is made up of existing fans/children/friends who have seen him multiple times and have been exposed to the song/video already. It is the "population" in general who hasn't. What has he done to speak to those outside of his concert goers? If he interested at all in having his message reach a larger audience.

Last edited:
Not really, as you are not prepared to engage in a debate, but merely to comfort yourself that Morrissey is a radical animal rights activist.

Such words have never left my mouth, been typed by my fingers, nor considered by my brain.

I, contrary to you, am really not concerned with holding one man to an arbitrary standard of ideals. What matters to me is the actual lasting impact on a far bigger scale. It isn't about Morrissey anymore, not for me. It hasn't been since I was a teenager.

Such words have never left my mouth, been typed by my fingers, nor considered by my brain.

I, contrary to you, am really not concerned with holding one man to an arbitrary standard of ideals. What matters to me is the actual lasting impact on a far bigger scale. It isn't about Morrissey anymore, not for me. It hasn't been since I was a teenager.

I must say that your posts in this thread make perfect sense. I agree with you 100%. Doing the right thing is important, but so is common sense.

I must say that your posts in this thread make perfect sense. I agree with you 100%. Doing the right thing is important, but so is common sense.

Thanks. I don't understand what having a hyper-myopic view of Morrissey does to help anyone, animals or otherwise.

Such words have never left my mouth, been typed by my fingers, nor considered by my brain. I, contrary to you, am really not concerned with holding one man to an arbitrary standard of ideals. What matters to me is the actual lasting impact on a far bigger scale. It isn't about Morrissey anymore, not for me. It hasn't been since I was a teenager.

Morrissey holds an entire audience to an arbitrary standard of ideals when he claims 'meat is murder' yet allows 'cheese goujons' on the menu he dictated at the o2. Milk Is Murder.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. I don't understand what having a hyper-myopic view of Morrissey does to help anyone, animals or otherwise.

Thanks,I don't understand what Morrissey having a hyper-myopic view of meat does to help anyone, animals or otherwise

best
BB

best
BB

He doesn't eat eggs http://www.globalanimal.org/2012/04/26/morrissey-reminds-us-that-meat-is-murder/

You have no idea if he still eats dairy.

FBE. Why do you feel confident stating that I don't comprehend his posts? Just because you perceive them as convoluted does not mean others do. Present an argument to justify your claim instead of resorting to lazy character assassinations.

- - - Updated - - -

*Removes hood*

Surprise! It was me all along!

I decided to troll you anonymously for a while, for the lulz.

BrummieBoy involved himself, so I had to troll him too. And if he gets in my way again I'll smack that fcuker down.
Because I am him, although not literally of course. But I can crush him in a way that nobody else would be capable of doing.
As the premier BrummieBoy scholar on the net, I am in a position to tear him down: and I mean complete annihilation.
I can - metaphorically - rip him to shreds, and he knows it.

And metaphorically grab him by the neck with my teeth and toss him into the air like a dog toying with a deceased wasp. Just as my dear old dog used to do. R.I.P Toby, you are missed! 18 years together, but we'll meet again some day. I don't know where, I don't know when. What more could I do for you? I was willing you to live, but you slipped away. Nobody knew the worth of you, but I did. I'll destroy BrummieBoy in your memory.

BB's seven year build-up, gone in an instant. Yes, that fast! Although the first few years weren't that inspiring. I'm feeling that Seven Year Itch now. Sharon has told me things...
And provided me with compromising photographs.

The illusion shattered. The dream is gone but Mozambiguous is real. BrummieBoy, you did a bad thing.

We always knew this day would come, I've been forecasting it for many months. It has always been my destiny. I'll martyrize myself, I'll self-immolate. I'll go out in a Big BrummieBoy Blaze of Glory. Who's going to stop me? The moderators? RealityBites? God? But God was Wrong, and I'm Bigger Than Life. I'll be Bigger Than BrummieBoy when I'm finished deflating him after pumping him from behind.

"Big Morrissey Fan" - what a disguise! Nobody would have ever expected the persona behind it.
I drew RB in, whilst she thought she was going up against another 'Surface', really she was tightening her own noose.
That was "all aboard for fun-time", but now I mean business. And at the end there's only going to be one person laughing.

What's that, Toby? When Brummie's canine companion Alfie dies, you'll be waiting for him? But hasn't Alfie been dead for years, and BB is only pretending that he's still alive? That's what I heard. He's trolling cancer. Like how he pretends to still be married. Does he really have children? But Toby, didn't he post a picture of his daughter on Facebook collecting her exam results, many months ago? So it must be true. She even looked like him! But what about Alfie? Did he not pass away around the time of BB's mid-life meltdown? The picture of them standing between the trees-cum-goalposts did look dated! Remember when BB said he'd eat Alfie's remains? That wasn't a very 'Vegan' thing to say! I tell you what Toby, get a group of your canine pals together to roam around *wherever you are now* and see if Alfie has joined you there, or if here's still here with us. Then get back to me. I'll wait on your advice.

BrummieBoy had this coming for a while, but aligning himself with this histrionic harridan was the final straw. "Taxi to Dignitas for BrummieBoy" - but he has no dignity left. I'll take him out behind the garden shed like Old Shep. Toby, I'm sorry, but it had to be done. Your demise was more dignified than what's in store for Old Brummie. Without you what have I left. There's nothing to lose! And so much to gain.

Even if he has a volte-face and repents, it won't work. Repent, Repent! Not a flicker. I'll write it on my chest like FEMEN France confronting Marine le Pen. BrummieBoy, Repens Toi! Too late! I've got my swagger back, and the militarily trained Sookie R. Wang has her sniper aimed straight between your eyes. She's camouflaged and lying in the grass. Whilst sitting in The Shire flicking absent-mindedly through Lorca, you hear the glass crash, and you'll know it's her. She's been lying in wait for quite a while. But the time has come. *Tap Tap Tap* Open the door and see what awaits you. You can go quietly or kicking and screaming. Either way your time is up, and you have nobody to blame but yourself.

With my hand on my heart, and BrummieBoy in a headlock,
I'm coming up in the world. "The Man Who Would Be King" - committing regicide. It will be painless. For me.
"Well surely the hand contains a knife?"
RealityBites, who's sorry now? Who's sad and blue? Who's crying too? I tried to warn you somehow. You had your way, now you both must pay. You'll be sorry when I'm finished with you.
'Mozambiguous': 1989-Forever
'BrummieBoy': 1960-this very moment, and not a second too soon.
'Toby': 1996-2014 - It's all for you!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmd-JVXMo5I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqwUz4RQETg

[video=youtube;i9QEAtcz3o8] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9QEAtcz3o8[/video]

Edit: I wonder if 'trask' and 'keene' are the same person? *ponders a moment* Moar lulz!

Last edited:
Kissing his ass? Hardly. More like acknowledging his privilege to speak as freely as you are able to speak. I think you and your ilk are obsessed with controlling the tone and content of these forums. Why can't you allow others to express their opinions without being trolled endlessly in each thread by you and your apologist posse? If he gets even a few people to think outside the box then his presence serves a purpose and is not a waste of time. Why not attack the arguments and not the poster? Are you capable of doing so? Calling him a troll does nothing to refute his points. Just makes you look like a whiney simpleton.

To me personally, the most disturbing thing about people who 1) hate Morrissey and 2) spend a lot of time on a forum dedicated to him is that when I read their posts I often get the feeling that the person behind the posts is genuinely unstable, sometimes even insane. I believe this is one of the reasons why people react to them so strongly. Eventually, nearly every thread centers around these characters. I think that this forum is a great thing; it would be nice to visit the place without it being a depressing journey into the darker corners of the human psyche.

Bringing this up is a bit unfair, but to be honest, I think that admiring Morrissey makes more sense than this. You're not simply acknowledging his freedom of speech.

To me personally, the most disturbing thing about people who 1) hate Morrissey and 2) spend a lot of time on a forum dedicated to him is that when I read their posts I often get the feeling that the person behind the posts is genuinely unstable, sometimes even insane. I believe this is one of the reasons why people react to them so strongly. Eventually, nearly every thread centers around these characters. I think that this forum is a great thing; it would be nice to visit the place without it being a depressing journey into the darker corners of the human psyche.

Bringing this up is a bit unfair, but to be honest, I think that admiring Morrissey makes more sense than this. You're not simply acknowledging his freedom of speech.

another very admirable cancellation in Athens today.

*Removes hood*

Surprise! It was me all along!

I decided to troll you anonymously for a while, for the lulz.

BrummieBoy involved himself, so I had to troll him too. And if he gets in my way again I'll smack that fcuker down.
Because I am him, although not literally of course. But I can crush him in a way that nobody else would be capable of doing.
As the premier BrummieBoy scholar on the net, I am in a position to tear him down: and I mean complete annihilation.
I can - metaphorically - rip him to shreds, and he knows it.

And metaphorically grab him by the neck with my teeth and toss him into the air like a dog toying with a deceased wasp. Just as my dear old dog used to do. R.I.P Toby, you are missed! 18 years together, but we'll meet again some day. I don't know where, I don't know when. What more could I do for you? I was willing you to live, but you slipped away. Nobody knew the worth of you, but I did. I'll destroy BrummieBoy in your memory.

BB's seven year build-up, gone in an instant. Yes, that fast! Although the first few years weren't that inspiring. I'm feeling that Seven Year Itch now. Sharon has told me things...
And provided me with compromising photographs.

The illusion shattered. The dream is gone but Mozambiguous is real. BrummieBoy, you did a bad thing.

We always knew this day would come, I've been forecasting it for many months. It has always been my destiny. I'll martyrize myself, I'll self-immolate. I'll go out in a Big BrummieBoy Blaze of Glory. Who's going to stop me? The moderators? RealityBites? God? But God was Wrong and I'm Bigger Than Life. I'll be Bigger Than BrummieBoy too when I'm finished deflating him after pumping him from behind.

"Big Morrissey Fan" - what a disguise! Nobody would have ever expected the persona behind it.
I drew RB in, whilst she thought she was going up against another 'Surface', really she was tightening her own noose.
That was "all aboard for fun-time", but now I mean business. And at the end there's only going to be one person laughing.

What's that, Toby? When Brummie's canine companion Alfie dies, you'll be waiting for him? But hasn't Alfie been dead for years, and BB is only pretending that he's still alive? That's what I heard. He's trolling cancer. Like how he pretends to still be married. Does he really have children? But Toby, didn't he post a picture of his daughter on Facebook collecting her exam results, many months ago? So it must be true. She even looked like him! But what about Alfie? Did he not pass away around the time of BB's mid-life meltdown? The picture of them standing between the trees-cum-goalposts did look dated! Remember when BB said he'd eat Alfie's remains? That wasn't a very 'Vegan' thing to say! I tell you what Toby, get a group of your canine pals together to roam around *wherever you are now* and see if Alfie has joined you there, or if here's still here with us. Then get back to me. I'll wait on your advice.

BrummieBoy had this coming for a while, but aligning himself with this histrionic harridan was the final straw. "Taxi to Dignitas for BrummieBoy" - but he has no dignity left. I'll take him out behind the garden shed like Old Shep. Toby, I'm sorry, but it had to be done. Your demise was more dignified than what's in store for Old Brummie. Without you what have I left. There's nothing to lose! And so much to gain.

Even if he has a volte-face and repents, it won't work. Repent, Repent! Not a flicker. I'll write it on my chest like FEMEN France confronting Marine le Pen. BrummieBoy, Repens Toi! Too late! I've got my swagger back, and the militarily trained Sookie R. Wang has her sniper aimed straight between your eyes. She's camouflaged and lying in the grass. Whilst sitting in The Shire flicking absent-mindedly through Lorca, you hear the glass crash, and you'll know it's her. She's been lying in wait for quite a while. But the time has come. *Tap Tap Tap* Open the door and see what awaits you. You can go quietly or kicking and screaming. Either way your time is up, and you have nobody to blame but yourself.

With my hand on my heart, and BrummieBoy in a headlock,
I'm coming up in the world. "The Man Who Would Be King" - committing regicide. It will be painless. For me.
"Well surely the hand contains a knife?"
RealityBites, who's sorry now? Who's sad and blue? Who's crying too? I tried to warn you somehow. You had your way, now you both must pay. You'll be sorry when I'm finished with you.
'Mozambiguous': 1989-Forever
'BrummieBoy': 1960-this very moment, and not a second too soon.
'Toby': 1996-2014 - It's all for you!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmd-JVXMo5I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqwUz4RQETg

[video=youtube;i9QEAtcz3o8] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9QEAtcz3o8[/video]

'BrummieBoy' is an 'autofiction', 'hyper-real' exaggeration. aka: Trollin 4 Lulz. Using the Literary/psychological prop of 'Unreliable Narrator' for a specific reason. Moar lulz!

http://pov.imv.au.dk/Issue_26/section_1/artc9A.html

'brummieboy' is an 'autofiction', 'hyper-real' exaggeration. Aka: Trollin 4 lulz. Using the literary/psychological prop of 'unreliable narrator' for a specific reason. Moar lulz!

http://pov.imv.au.dk/issue_26/section_1/artc9a.html

bell end

- - - Updated - - -

The reality though is they are actually cowards

Last edited:

'trask': That's hardly an original observation. Or are you Kristeen Young! Yes, there are still 3 Mental Patients here, but Skylarker, Viva Hate & NHNS have 'retired' so others are now in charge of the asylum. Unless they return....

"But, never go to Morrissey-Solo. It used to be a thriving audience community, now it's just three mental patients"

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/conte...ts-on-Facebook-But-never-go-to-Morrissey-Solo

best
BB

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom