Morrissey interview by Lior Ashkenazi (pics)

someone mentioned that the lior/moz interview was filmed and it is supposed to be released today (probably on the websiteof the newspaper... for which lior contributed this story)

..anoboy has any info on this? or was that a false info anyway?

Yes it has been filmed but they are having issues with the video (this whole interview was jinxed by me ;) )
It should be up this w/e or next week.

thnks karel-how did you know that?

that BURPING thing:
SANDIE SHAW wrote about it in her book":the world at my feet" too,when she visited him at bath during the viva hate recording
i read that book again at the moment...

"Morrissey continued to knock back his wine in uncharacteristic hedonistic fashion.
He giggled and BURPED a lot"
(....)

so moz as soon as youre a bit squiffy you lost your manners hmmm;-)lovely;-)

http://motorcycleaupairboy.com/interviews/1989/playboy2.htm.
"Morrissey puts his hand to his stomach, scrunches up his eyes in mock pain and -- as genteely as such things can be -- BURPS.
"Oh, excuse me," he apologises.
A green bottle of Perrier water stands guiltily on the table between us, its former contents going down as well with the Morrissey digestive system as much of the great man's more inspired verbal moments have gone down with the musical establishment .

Last edited:
GAL UCHOVSKY
is also a "judge" on the israeli "american idol" "chohav nolad"
and i'v seen him couple of times wrearing a morrissey shirt:)

Re: Interview translation - part one

A MEETING OF ADMIRERS
Lior Ashkenazi

It all began two years ago. Fans asked Morrissey on his blog which movies he likes, and he replied that the best film he saw recently was an Israeli film called "Late Wedding", featuring an Israeli actor named Lior Ashkenazi that he liked very much.

Thanks very much, Davdavon and TuQui! It was a very interesting read.

As usual, I'm late to the party. Oh well, I was very tickled to see that my friend Mary is Morrissey-famous, sort of ;). She's the "some fans" (alone, though) who asked Morrissey which recent films he enjoys.

Here's the link to my mention of it some months back.

I remember when Mary told me last year how there's a fair amount of male frontal nudity in Late Marriage/Wedding, but she meant "Walk on Water". It didn't matter because I watched them both. And what's a little frontal nudity to someone who's spent several weeks watching gay pr0n for work (I was a judge for the GayVN awards)? Astonishingly I really enjoyed the films, the Lior Ashkenazi ones, I mean ;). Sometimes I think Mozzer has really awful taste in music :p, but I love most of his film faves.

Here's the scene that Morrissey said he wants to recreate :sweet:
I wanna go to the Dead Sea too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the scene that Morrissey said he wants to recreate :sweet:
I wanna go to the Dead Sea too!

omg mell i want to have this movie..i have tears in my eyes..it's so dreamy, romantically and emotionally..aww..i imagine moz standing there.. and listen to the vibes of the water and watching all of it's beauty..so romantic..

thank you very much mell..this made my night:tears:

edit:..is watching again and at same breath buying at amazon.de

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Interview translation - part one

Astonishingly I really enjoyed the films, the Lior Ashkenazi ones, I mean ;). Sometimes I think Mozzer has really awful taste in music :p, but I love most of his film faves.

i absolutely agree i dont like a lot of his fave music but the films cause the kind of films he like are very close to mine fave genre "older" british/americanfilms from the 1920-1969and films from all centuries sometimes also with a queer twist/storyline:
in moz`s case for example: killing of sister george,victim,the leather boys and most recent walk on water...
I have watched B/w movies since i was a child cause it has a magic to me i cant quite explain

apropos walk on water: the blonde drag queen(called biggy van blond) they met in berlin (in the subwaystaton where the fight starts with some neonazis..i know her ..she has a columm in a berlin mag and i see quite often cause we attend the same parties ..whenever i am out and about in berlin(which doesnt that often) she is there...

Last edited:
LIOR reminds me a bit of a certain bollywood actor (esp the eyes) ..but I just cant remember his name for the life of me..damm

Tags
interview israel lior photo
Back
Top Bottom