Morrissey interview by Lior Ashkenazi (pics)

Sarah is his new manager right? the one that replaced Merck. I want to know who Jennifer is, that moz refers to in the XFM interview recently.

Hummas is nice. God bless the chick pea. Plus it is white / pale in colour. I don't like all this dietary / corona burping revelation. It makes Morrissey too human for me.

I bet he poops too. But it probably doesn't stink. :p

Clearly, Moz is a No Doubt/Gwen Stefani fan.

[Psst...I think it means "do not share this e-mail address with anyone"]

loool nice one;)
i have never thought of that no doubt song for some obsure reason...

i wonder if his email refers to some obsure musician or actor....im sure it does him being so dedicated to popculture..lets guess eht it might be: ndyfan49 :D ehh no not obsure enough
..hahahhah

my emailadress refers to a band too (not the smiths)

Sarah is his new manager right? the one that replaced Merck. I want to know who Jennifer is, that moz refers to in the XFM interview recently.

H.
quote from interview
before meeting him for the first time, in the suite of a luxurious hotel, we met Sarah, his manager, who explained to us that we have 25 minutes and warned us "not to ask anything about the Smiths, because on that very moment he will get up and leave the room". Morrissey entered the room, and he was very polite but quite suspicious

Re: Interview translation - part one

Though I didn't have to wait for the translation, I have to say: thumbs up, davdavon! great translation and respect for the time you put up in order to translate this article.

Later on there came a story from Israeli fans who saw him performing in Istanbul. They raised the Israeli flag and he shouted in response "Lior Ashkenazi".

It's my flag!!:D

Sorry, I had to show off..;)

Hummas is nice. God bless the chick pea. Plus it is white / pale in colour. I don't like all this dietary / corona burping revelation. It makes Morrissey too human for me.

Sarah is PA and Jennifer is PR officer.

about time he got rid of the fax machine! :D

Thanks for translating - it was a good read.

Great read.

I thoroughly enjoyed “Morrissey is the Smiths”, to “after all, he’s Morrissey” – and everything in between! Moz is so very ‘human’ :o – even if he doesn’t like Beck.

Thanks, TuQui and many thanks to davdavon –I hope you (Lior and Gal) enjoy Mozzer’s visit. It’s nice to know he has people there looking out for him. :)

That ‘Don’t Speak’ card is a very cool touch. Two simple words, yet a confidentiality agreement.

Btw, I have GOT to see some, if not all of, those movies!!

That was a very interesting and unique piece to read. Thank you TQ and davdavon for scanning and translating. :)

The quote "Slowly, we realise that the people who arrived there were his closest group, that we're in the most secure, guarded place in Morrissey's system" stood out for me.

I found this stood out to me as well. It was nice to read that...
I thoroughly enjoyed this article. Especially all of the small details.

Quoth: "Before meeting him for the first time, in the suite of a luxurious hotel, we met Sarah, his manager, who explained to us that we have 25 minutes and warned us 'not to ask anything about the Smiths, because on that very moment he will get up and leave the room'. Morrissey entered the room, and he was very polite but quite suspicious."

So this meeting was primarily an interview for the Israeli newspaper, I take it - "business" as Lior says. Otherwise, it would seem a rather rude way to treat fellow artists: setting down ground rules and such, it's rather high-handed.

Quoth: "Before meeting him for the first time, in the suite of a luxurious hotel, we met Sarah, his manager, who explained to us that we have 25 minutes and warned us 'not to ask anything about the Smiths, because on that very moment he will get up and leave the room'. Morrissey entered the room, and he was very polite but quite suspicious."

So this meeting was primarily an interview for the Israeli newspaper, I take it - "business" as Lior says. Otherwise, it would seem a rather rude way to treat fellow artists: setting down ground rules and such, it's rather high-handed.
I think it's just a way of trying to avoid the same old boring questions. Is there anything that Morrissey hasn't been asked about The Smiths already?

[/QUOTE]

HTML:
Who is Sarah? I'm slipping up not knowing that. I hope she is good for him and is a nice person

As someone who was died sexually, and with so many questions on sexuality now, he, has romance with all the women around , :confused::confused:

*sigh*

As someone who was died sexually, and with so many questions on sexuality now, he, has romance with all the women around , :confused::confused:

Have you read davdavon's translation properly?

Mr Ashkenazi mentioned Sarah was Morrissey's manager (in fact she's a personal assistant).

They're not romantically involved.
Sarah is working for Morrissey, that's all.

Last edited:
"most secure, guarded place in Morrissey's system".

He makes it sound like Hitler's bunker. Sorry I know the translation isn't exact but just made me laugh..

"most secure, guarded place in Morrissey's system".

He makes it sound like Hitler's bunker. Sorry I know the translation isn't exact but just made me laugh..

I know. I'm thinking, "Geez. I want him to be safe but that's a little over the top." :)

Clearly, Moz is a No Doubt/Gwen Stefani fan.

[Psst...I think it means "do not share this e-mail address with anyone"]

wouldn't it be funny if he were?

That makes more sense. I think "don't speak" is a rough retranslation of "stop talking."

That was baffling me. Whew. Now I can relax.

:D ha...

I'm with Mars Rover tho; it probably does actually say "don't speak". I think it means something along the lines of "don't speak of this to anyone" kind of a thing.

Like, don't blab ! :guitar:

someone mentioned that the lior/moz interview was filmed and it is supposed to be released today (probably on the websiteof the newspaper... for which lior contributed this story)

..anoboy has any info on this? or was that a false info anyway?

On 'Yediot Ahronot' (Israeli newspaper) today
I scanned only the pics but I will scan the whole interview if you want (in Hebrew of course:p)
oh...
next to the two posted pics here in this thread
there is third pic which got posted on the main board
here it is...
lior.jpg

I invited Gal Uchovsky, who's a Morrissey expert and also a good friend of mine, to join me. . Morrissey entered the room, and he was very polite but quite suspicious. In order to break the ice, we gave him gifts we brought from Israel. These included DVDs of Gal and Eytan Fox's films, "Yossi & Jagger", "Walk on Water", "The Bubble" and "Gotta Have Heart", and also Dover Kosashvili's "Late Wedding" and "Gift from Above".
Gal and Morrissey started talking about things that only the both of them understood, old songs from the seventies and stuff like that. It turns out that they had a short email correspondence after Gal found out that Morrissey likes their films, so Morrissey was already familiar with Gal's taste in music. .

gal sounds like a really nice guy.. it seems as soon as you got a common bond through music and film to be easy to connect with morrissey...and if you re not youre out..like that unlucky crew member who got kicked out after the first day...
Gal Uchovsky
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0879799/
in attachment : a pic of Gal
Gal`s own article of his view of meeting moz´(also longer and more detailed): http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=89249&highlight=gal

Attachments

• 420536247_3b537c73af.jpg
    420536247_3b537c73af.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Tags
interview israel lior photo
Back
Top Bottom