Morrissey interview at Correio Braziliense (Brazil)

Re: New Morrissey interview at Correio Braziliense (Brazil)

Google translation: (I like the bit about canoes)

In terms of attitude, nothing compares to Steven Patrick Morrissey. The English artist, considered one of the most influential names in alternative and independent world stage, never hesitate to defend convictions that carry. Without fear and completely undisturbed with reviews, Moz was assumed vegetarian, he spoke about relations bisexual, criticized the English monarchy, questioned the phonographic trends, said he experienced a bachelor period, among other provocaões revealed over more than three -decade career.

But it was the music, primarily, he gave a lot of punches and generated poignant debates. Leader of the legendary band The Smiths, Morrissey overthrew the music scene of the 1980s and emerged as an alternative to the panorama of American pop instituted. The five years activity were enough to make the group one of the most celebrated names in alternative rock.

Solo, he continued to stand out by speech contrary to market and launched scathing discs. Recently released an autobiography - one of the greatest editorial successes of England - and returned to the pages of the world press because of esophageal cancer, which claims to be cured.

The Courier had the rare opportunity to chat with one of the most controversial artists of today. Before performing here on November 29, Moz was left questioning about The Smiths, policy positions and accumulated regrets. As for the show, showed no apprehension to face a city for the first time and only said to Brasilia: "I can not wait." The feeling is mutual.

Year that The Smiths ends

interview Morrissey

Have you ever been in Brazil a few times. Some atypical memory?
Atypical? Well, I usually remember São Paulo, where a blind girl climbed on stage and come to me. She handed me a note that read: "I can not see you but love you." I do not think it's something that has happened to the staff of Abba, for example.

You can expect your retirement? You mentioned the possibility in past times ...

I'm exhausted from lack of interest from record labels. There comes a time when it seems irrelevant keep some hope that someone will give faces and recognize its value.

You never hesitated to share his political convictions. As an artist and public figure, feels obliged to position?
We all have that desire. We are all involved in a political life and suffer the consequences of bad governments. If you part of the political assumption that have some kind of divine intellectual power, it is well mistaken.

There is something yet to be achieved as an artist?
I have a repertoire that love and count on the most loyal audience on the planet. My success is unique and I am not confused with any other artist. I never took advantage of my position and never let myself be exploited. My canoes were re-recorded by great artists and I can touch almost everyone. Even today, after 33 years and counting. I am blessed in every way.

I say it was fully understood?

Yes, but that's a double-edged sword. There will always be those who dislike you, but not because they do not understand you, but because you hit places within those people of which they themselves do not like. Therefore criticize.

An anonymous person posted the link:

Morrissey fala ao Correio antes do show na capital - Correio Braziliense (Portuguese)
Em entrevista exclusiva, o artista inglês fala sobre política, critica a indústria fonográfica e comenta o legado do The Smiths

by Diego Ponce de Leon

Google Translate to English posted by Uncleskinny in the comments.

Last edited by a moderator:
wish I could hear or take a float in some of those re-recorded 'canoes' .

I know he won't want to do this, but why can't he release songs via youtbe? Maybe of videos via SER of them in studio. People less and less buy album, cds ,downloads even. I listen to a lot of songs on youtube.

I know he won't want to do this, but why can't he release songs via youtbe? Maybe of videos via SER of them in studio. People less and less buy album, cds ,downloads even. I listen to a lot of songs on youtube.

might not be an enjoyable experience for him

He left out the abundance of hookers at his disposal on every corner. Maybe he should sent an Instagram to Steve Jones to get all the best hooker spots. Anonymous-

a wonderful idea, release free via youtube on mporium records and tapes. slap on of the sam photos on there, make it the cover.

Alguns criticos disseram que voce delxou questoes em aberto, em sua autobiografia, principalmente no que diz respeito ao The Smiths ...

Eu teria que quebrar a cabeca tentando imaginar o que esses criticos estavam tentando insinuar. O livro rememora eventos na medida em que eles tiveram alguma repercussao em minha vida. Se ha algo misteriosamente ausente, e porque nao significou muito. Claro, no que diz respeito a sexo, drogas ou intimidades de cunho muito pessoal, eu, como um adulto que sou, preciso me submeter a um codigo de conduta no sentido de proteger aquelas pessoas ao meu redor que me confiaram informacoes muito intimas. Se voce sai berrando aos quatro cantos a intimidade alheia, voce anuncia ao mundo que nao passa de alguem desleal e cruel.

Google translation:

Some critics have said that you left questions open, in his autobiography, especially with regard to The Smiths ...

I would have to break his head trying to figure out what these critics were trying to imply. The book recounts events in that they had some repercussion in my life. If there is something mysteriously absent, and why not meant much. Of course, when it comes to sex, drugs or that personal touch of intimacy, I, as an adult I am, I must submit to a code of conduct to protect those people around me who trusted me very intimate informations. If you are yelling out to the four corners of another's privacy, you announce to the world that is no more than unfair and cruel anyone.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom