Morrissey interview (American Songwriter, Feb. 2018) posted - Official FB

41996_american_songwriter_1.jpg

41997_american_songwriter_2.jpg

41998_american_songwriter_3.jpg

Unfortunately, the pictures have been subject to FB's image compression.
Photo by SER. Interview by J.Beviglia (who I believe writes for American Songwriter Magazine).
Regards,
FWD.

Posted by dotmatrix522

FYI- the interview is from the current issue of American Songwriter magazine, the “Legends” issue!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you FWD! :guitar: That was a lovely read. Definitely enjoyed that.

FYI- the interview is from the current issue of American Songwriter magazine, the “Legends” issue!

Dear me. Photoshop Strikes Again. Do we really think Morrissey is demanding that his photos be Frankensteined, or do we think this is Sam attempting to showcase his 'skills' to please uncle?

All The Young People Must Fall In Love was recorded in two hours...well, well, what a surprise...NOT.
Morrissey's late career - since YOR certainly - has been characterised by songs which (according to him) have simply emerged spontaneously in the studio, with little to no lyrical or melodic efforts worked out beforehand. And one can certainly hear it. Would the assiduous Morrissey of thirty or twenty years ago have let such shoddily half-arsed work out of the door?

"I will only ever sing a song if I am hypnotized by it - I can never sing 'Happy Birthday' to you to anyone"

Glad this is settled. Imagine all the birthday parties he'd upset otherwise.

Good interview,good breakdown of ALL THE YOUNG PEOPLE,never would have thought they worked so quickly in the studio.

Great photo, no photo shop to me, a story to tell in just his look.

Dear me. Photoshop Strikes Again. Do we really think Morrissey is demanding that his photos be Frankensteined, or do we think this is Sam attempting to showcase his 'skills' to please uncle?

Dearie me that willie nelsons been photoshopped to death,looks about 14 in that photo.

Great photo, no photo shop to me, a story to tell in just his look.
Come on, KS, be sensible. he's got no lines whatsoever, the left side of his face looks curiously swollen, there's something very odd going on around his eyes, and don't get me started on the hair. It's been doctored majorly, and not very well. He's still a very good-looking man, I don't know why someone feels the need to do this.

"I can see people coming alive when I sing certain songs, and this feeling is worth more than anyone who criticizes could dare to imagine."

:hearteyes:

So 'All The Young People Must Fall In Love' was devised and recorded in two hours? What a surprise...NOT.

Morrissey's late period (since YOR at least) is characterised by this sloppy and slipshod mode of lyrical 'spontaneity' - resulting in too many songs that seem to have had no thoughtful consideration in their construction prior to the work in the studio. And one can certainly hear it. What a shame.

'In fact, you must say things that people want to say themselves! That's when the song strikes!
In a 2017 where freedom of speech has been completely eroded, my name is often mentioned with a quiver of paranoia. But, so what. Songs are what we leave behind, and ... '

RIGHT ON MOZZY ! RIGHT ON ! :rock:

finally an interviewer actually asked him a recording artist about his recent recording! amazing. :rolleyes:

<>.

Really really enjoyable read. I wish more interviewers would ask him about the process and meaning of songs rather than attempting to bait him on political issues. The only assumption I can make these days is that many music journalists don't know that much about music!

Great interview. More questions about the music please, especially the new collaborators.
Anyone know when it took place?
Before/after all the Die Speigel controversy?

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom