Morrissey interview, 2 songs on 3 News - New Zealand TV

Nurse Saldanda didn't give away any confidential information. She put the call through to another nurse who did. As for the Royal family intervening... If the DJs are being defended for not being able to foresee the suicide why are the Royals being attacked for exactly the same thing?

Rhetorical.

The royal family shouldn't be defended because they released a statement expressing their concern for the nurse prior to her death and deep sadness after her death. If they had been so concerned about her, why didn't they intervine and tell the press and management to stop harassing her, which they were because this is a serious matter. What is more interesting however, is the fact that the statment I mentioned above was only released after the nurse died.

Why don't people take responsibility for their own actions. She killed herself over a phone call...sounds like there is a little more to this than a prank call. The world doesn't need weak people of Morissey.

Brummieboy, are you being a troll? NO fan of Morrissey should have ANY problem with what he said. He wrote the QUEEN IS DEAD and MARGRET ON THE GUILLOTINE...he has never been a fan of the British government or British institutions.

So you have to be a troll or a have an IQ of 50 to not understand this is what he has said from the beginning of his career.

Surely the difference is that back then he could say such things in lyrical form to rather marvellous music, while nowadays when he has no discernible musical muse he just travels the world flapping his lips. Guillotine was twenty-four years ago. In that almost quarter century his intellectual ability to dissect the issues confronting modern Britain has gone from verse to bad. Ahem.

Here's a thought for our once and hopefully once again future King Morrissey. Write some decent f***ing songs and leave the sixth form debating society to the kids.

The royal family shouldn't be defended because they released a statement expressing their concern for the nurse prior to her death and deep sadness after her death. If they had been so concerned about her, why didn't they intervine and tell the press and management to stop harassing her, which they were because this is a serious matter. What is more interesting however, is the fact that the statment I mentioned above was only released after the nurse died.

Have an "E".

Put it in intervene.

The reason this lady killed herself is because the royal family are THE celebrity in all of England. I bet the royal family is more well regarded than Jesus in the UK. So when a nurse who has been raised to think that these people are the most important people in the world, and the SHE is the one that lets them down, and then the media come after her---she has no baring on reality, she believes in the fantasy of kings and queens and princes and princesses and castles, she has never left this box her mind is in, she sees no other way, she is making amends to the royals for the great shame she brought them.

Conformity and nationalism are horrid things, people will go off to war to kill other people because of them, sometimes they will just kill themselves instead.

Indeed. You've nailed Britain there, old chap. Don-cha-no.

As I was saying to Sherlock Holmes as we took our carriage to buy new spats for the street party to celebrate the relief of Mafeking, "Those damn foreigners do have some funny ideas about Blighty, you know, Holmes." "Yes, my dear Barleycorn," he replied, "I have come to the irreversible opinion, based on my copious case notes, unique in the annals of criminal research, that some of them are absolute f***ing idiots..."

It's not so much that it's just too tempting to comment on...I dunno. I honestly don't get the hatred of royalty thing. Maybe it's because I'm American and we don't have it shoved down our throats daily. It seems like he;s wasting a LOT of energy being angry about it, though. In the broad picture they are as useless as tits on a hog. It seems like he's more angry at the media for putting them on a pedastal than the royals themselves and he's mis-directing his frustration and his arguments cause images of the cerebral straight jacket you mention. They aren't going anywhere, channel your anger at something more productive. But the interviewer DID keeping bringing it up so he kept talking about it. And the anorexic thing, if you look at that again, it seems like Morrissey slipped into a mood where he felt very at home and comfortable with the interviewer and he was just talking funny conspiracy theory nonsense, like you would with a friend at a bar, just for yuks. I think it's possible that he talks at length with so few people that when he spots a moment of comfort he dives in and ends up getting too comfortable and says things that taken out of context are GOLD for the very media he despises. He is the Island too, you know. I know that island. And rock.

I thought this was spot-on. Very well put.

So it's not ok to be angry about an unelected head of state funded by the people of Britain, all the people Britain even the large number who struggle to pay for essentials such as food every week? yet these people take our money just to keep them in caviar and tiaras

Thanks. And as for the media and the royals, bringing it up lets them WIN. Just ignore it, Moz. This is the kind of shit Martin Gore gets worked up about "Princess Di is wearing a new dress... Blah." Nobody cares, the people are going to be sheep and want to follow it, it's better then them following you with that intensity. Go ahead and do your thing in private and let the royals be scrutinized for every fart and facial expression. They can't go to record shops and out to dinner, you can. You're winning in the big picture.

So it's not ok to be angry about an unelected head of state funded by the people of Britain, all the people Britain even the large number who struggle to pay for essentials such as food every week? yet these people take our money just to keep them in caviar and tiaras

They cost £0.69 per person, per annum. Get a grip. Direct your impotent rage at the injustice of capitalism instead? Feudalism ended centuries ago. Unavoidably though, that'll require you to criticise Morrissey. Sorry.

The royalty are the most lavishly enslaved zombies ever. Pity them. And Kate WILLINGLY signed up for the enslavement. Let her have her morning sickness, its her body saying "WTF did I sign up for?" They aren't worth the frustration and anger. Turn the channel. I don't know what else to recommend? :o I mean I kind of get being enraged by something pervasive, but sometimes you gotta let it go. Let it go little grasshopper.

All I can say is that anything & everything that he saids about the RoyalPainIn theArseFamily IS TRUE! They threatend that woman & made her feel shameful, its so fukin obvious...

What is the logic behind the royal family threatening the nurse? :straightface: Seriously. The damage was done, what would the royal family gain by contacting her and threatening her? Have her commit suicide and make Kate feel even more shame that a travesty surrounded her hospital visit that would cause MORE stress and possibly miscarry the heir to the throne? Don't you think she committed suicide because she was shamed by the press that she fell for a shit queen accent and fake barking corgis? Aren't they the true instigators? It's the press we should be tar and feathering, not the dumdum royals. WE HATE THE NIGHT NEWS AT EIGHT.

Or just stop hating stuff and change the topic when the interviewer persists on getting a rise.

Brummieboy, are you being a troll? NO fan of Morrissey should have ANY problem with what he said. He wrote the QUEEN IS DEAD and MARGRET ON THE GUILLOTINE...he has never been a fan of the British government or British institutions.

So you have to be a troll or a have an IQ of 50 to not understand this is what he has said from the beginning of his career.

Gosh, 'anonymous with spelling and capslock challenges' reads the riot act. What on earth am I supposed to do in response? *yawns*. I'm not a fan of anyone, certainly not of face-time-attention-whore-comic-troll Morrissey.

regards

Gosh, 'anonymous with spelling and capslock challenges' reads the riot act. What on earth am I supposed to do in response? *yawns*. I'm not a fan of anyone, certainly not of face-time-attention-whore-comic-troll Morrissey.

regards

I don't understand why you have a problem with attention whores considering you are one of the biggest attention whores on the site.

The reason this lady killed herself is because the royal family are THE celebrity in all of England. I bet the royal family is more well regarded than Jesus in the UK. So when a nurse who has been raised to think that these people are the most important people in the world, and the SHE is the one that lets them down, and then the media come after her---she has no baring on reality, she believes in the fantasy of kings and queens and princes and princesses and castles, she has never left this box her mind is in, she sees no other way, she is making amends to the royals for the great shame she brought them.

Conformity and nationalism are horrid things, people will go off to war to kill other people because of them, sometimes they will just kill themselves instead.

You're the only person on this thread that has made any sense whatsoever. The rest of you can keep babbling.

- marred.

All I can say is that anything & everything that he saids about the RoyalPainIn theArseFamily IS TRUE! They threatend that woman & made her feel shameful, its so fukin obvious...

This is coming from an American who likely voted for Romney.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom