Morrissey interview, 2 songs on 3 News - New Zealand TV

I thought it was an excellent interview.The host of the show asked intelligent questions.I think Mozzer and the band sounded great!I was very happy to watch it.

So Kate Middleton was admitted to hospital despite having nothing wrong with her? And the person telling us this is the same man who, just a couple of years ago, cut a concert short (Swindon?) so he go to hospital because of a coughing fit? Brilliant.

Fantastic interview, I'm glad Mozz is playing Auckland, I know he will have a great time. He has the same look he get's in South America. Enjoy the concert Kiwis, give him a good reason to come back!!!

Last edited:
Not sure if this deserves a new thread or not

Bumped into a friend at the airport where I was waiting for my *ahem* uncle to catch a flight to Wellington...In Auckland Morrissey has been into Real Groovy Records to have a look around. Sorry no reports of any purchases. He then spent sometime along K Road. K road is very close to where he is staying. Don't paint anything into this picture but K Road is known to be a bit of a seedy street. Home to 24/7 bars, tattoo shops, African hairbraiding shops, transvestites and sex workers. There's a couple of ok cafes too. It's a bit of a jungle after dark. That's when the trannies and sex workers ply their trade. During the day the street is a bit tatty really. Makes a change from going to Waikheke Island to drink wine in the sun.

Maybe that was today's entertainment.

Please Morrissey - Shut your yap unless you're singing.

Blaming the Royal family for the suicide of that nurse is irresponsible, callous and downright silly. She obviously had some prior mental condition. His statements are right in line with other ignorant comments he's made on a variety of subjects he has absolutely no knowledge of. I know how dedicated his and are. I used to be a devoted one myself. His politicizing and posturing over the past few years have changed that. Please Morrissey, keep your gob shut unless you're opening it to sing. You're not saying anything and you're saying it much too loud. You're either a media whore or completely daft. You're not helping this situation, the friends and family of the nurse or your own image by talking nonsense.

Re: Comments on Kate Middleton

Morrissey is very misinformed about hyperemesis gravidarum because it is NOT just morning sickness. It is a severe risk to mom & baby & requires prompt medical care. It is NOT anorexia or bulimia. I have been a matery nurse since 1966 & I know of what I speak. Read, educate yourself, & think before opening mouth.

agreed. i don't think he's very bright. he seems to believe because he's famous that everything he utters is the truth, and that is deluded.

he thinks he's the only famous person with anything interesting to say, but its not interesting when its uninformed and uneducated.

i admire people who are controversial but come at their points from a position of knowledge (Richard Dawkins for example - he pisses off many, yet he has an informed answer to all his critics, well of course he would being a scientist).

morrissey on the other hand comes across as a poorly educated yob and his views make no sense and have no facts to back them up. besides his sexist male views on pregnancy - he didnt even seem to know that william and kate HAD indeed issued a sympathy statement. why else could they do? he didnt even check his facts before opening his mouth. just stupidity.

Auckland: Amsterdam with sheep.

Something even the liberal minds of the Netherlands would baulk at.

Not sure if this deserves a new thread or not

Bumped into a friend at the airport where I was waiting for my *ahem* uncle to catch a flight to Wellington...In Auckland Morrissey has been into Real Groovy Records to have a look around. Sorry no reports of any purchases. He then spent sometime along K Road. K road is very close to where he is staying. Don't paint anything into this picture but K Road is known to be a bit of a seedy street. Home to 24/7 bars, tattoo shops, African hairbraiding shops, transvestites and sex workers. There's a couple of ok cafes too. It's a bit of a jungle after dark. That's when the trannies and sex workers ply their trade. During the day the street is a bit tatty really. Makes a change from going to Waikheke Island to drink wine in the sun.

Maybe that was today's entertainment.

Cut the crap and just tell us where he's stayin then we can prank call

great interview and performance as ever from moz, i wouldnt blame kate for the death of this poor woman,but why should she get 5 ***** treatment for being a little sick,oh thats right,the royal family get everything free paid by us ,they make me sick the lot of them, if only i had a *** : ))

Despite being a loyal fan for 22 years with over 60 Moz shows under my belt I couldn't shake the feeling that Morrissey is fast turning into a right old c*nt. He used to be witty and charming - while being vitriolic at the same time. Now it's just harsh and unkind and totally without wit or finesse. Made the headlines though....

yeah-sure.gif

*popcorn* :lbf:

Did anyone notice that Morrissey applauded people who thought outside the box? :cool:

yes, but sometimes 'blue sky thinking outside the box' can lead you to a cerebral 'straight-jacket' like the one Morrissey will now forever be shown in.

you said you were gone. i did too, but this one was just too tempting. Wow....such a stunning end to his oeuvre: he destroys it all. Totally. Like, awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! No flowers, donation to animal charity only. Career funeral, family and friends only. The 'I Am A Rock' / Eleanor Rigby / Gore Vidal tropes have finally gone over the cliff. I'm no lemming. I'm outta here (cue glitter gif put-down from the usual ass-clown)

how do I block this site's I.P so I can't call it up on my brower no more? Sharon? Sort me out, feeling kinda tense after all this...:horny:

I think the fact that Morrissey didn't even mention hyperemesis gravidarum suggested that he didn't actually know why Kate was in hospital, which was why he asked that same question in the interview (duh).

I think his comments about leaving England because of the royals were overly dramatic and I think it's his tendancy to always use extreme language in his arguments is their biggest flaw; nevertheless I think the crux of his argument does make a lot of sense.

Obviously there was a lot of pressure on the nurse from the media and the hospital because she gave confidential information away, information belonging to the royal family no less. Now, if the royals actually cared, it would have made sense for them to intervine straight away instead of doing what they always do, lurking in the background sending out a spokesperson every now and again. And if the royals had intervined then the media and management would have backed off, which they didn't, and now she is dead. Also interesting is that the only time we heard anything from William and Kate was when they had a spokeperson release the statment saying "we are deeply saddened," which is a load of fake nonsense of course.

Brummieboy, are you being a troll? NO fan of Morrissey should have ANY problem with what he said. He wrote the QUEEN IS DEAD and MARGRET ON THE GUILLOTINE...he has never been a fan of the British government or British institutions.

So you have to be a troll or a have an IQ of 50 to not understand this is what he has said from the beginning of his career.

I think the fact that Morrissey didn't even mention hyperemesis gravidarum suggested that he didn't actually know why Kate was in hospital, which was why he asked that same question in the interview (duh).

I think his comments about leaving England because of the royals were overly dramatic and I think it's his tendancy to always use extreme language in his arguments is their biggest flaw; nevertheless I think the crux of his argument does make a lot of sense.

Obviously there was a lot of pressure on the nurse from the media and the hospital because she gave confidential information away, information belonging to the royal family no less. Now, if the royals actually cared, it would have made sense for them to intervine straight away instead of doing what they always do, lurking in the background sending out a spokesperson every now and again. And if the royals had intervined then the media and management would have backed off, which they didn't, and now she is dead. Also interesting is that the only time we heard anything from William and Kate was when they had a spokeperson release the statment saying "we are deeply saddened," which is a load of fake nonsense of course.

Nurse Saldanda didn't give away any confidential information. She put the call through to another nurse who did. As for the Royal family intervening... If the DJs are being defended for not being able to foresee the suicide why are the Royals being attacked for exactly the same thing?

Rhetorical.

The reason this lady killed herself is because the royal family are THE celebrity in all of England. I bet the royal family is more well regarded than Jesus in the UK. So when a nurse who has been raised to think that these people are the most important people in the world, and the SHE is the one that lets them down, and then the media come after her---she has no baring on reality, she believes in the fantasy of kings and queens and princes and princesses and castles, she has never left this box her mind is in, she sees no other way, she is making amends to the royals for the great shame she brought them.

Conformity and nationalism are horrid things, people will go off to war to kill other people because of them, sometimes they will just kill themselves instead.

Brummieboy, are you being a troll? NO fan of Morrissey should have ANY problem with what he said. He wrote the QUEEN IS DEAD and MARGRET ON THE GUILLOTINE...he has never been a fan of the British government or British institutions.

So you have to be a troll or a have an IQ of 50 to not understand this is what he has said from the beginning of his career.

"Good evening Wellington, good evening Auckland its so great to be here in the capital of the lamb meat-industry your BBQs smell del-ish as always."
Ha ha nasty-Steven the part time veggie what a hypocrite ! He'll be cutting ribbons at Mcdonalds openings next singing your the one for me Big Mac.

yes, but sometimes 'blue sky thinking outside the box' can lead you to a cerebral 'straight-jacket' like the one Morrissey will now forever be shown in.

you said you were gone. i did too, but this one was just too tempting. Wow....such a stunning end to his oeuvre: he destroys it all. Totally. Like, awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! No flowers, donation to animal charity only. Career funeral, family and friends only. The 'I Am A Rock' / Eleanor Rigby / Gore Vidal tropes have finally gone over the cliff. I'm no lemming. I'm outta here (cue glitter gif put-down from the usual ass-clown)

how do I block this site's I.P so I can't call it up on my brower no more? Sharon? Sort me out, feeling kinda tense after all this...:horny:

It's not so much that it's just too tempting to comment on...I dunno. I honestly don't get the hatred of royalty thing. Maybe it's because I'm American and we don't have it shoved down our throats daily. It seems like he;s wasting a LOT of energy being angry about it, though. In the broad picture they are as useless as tits on a hog. It seems like he's more angry at the media for putting them on a pedastal than the royals themselves and he's mis-directing his frustration and his arguments cause images of the cerebral straight jacket you mention. They aren't going anywhere, channel your anger at something more productive. But the interviewer DID keeping bringing it up so he kept talking about it. And the anorexic thing, if you look at that again, it seems like Morrissey slipped into a mood where he felt very at home and comfortable with the interviewer and he was just talking funny conspiracy theory nonsense, like you would with a friend at a bar, just for yuks. I think it's possible that he talks at length with so few people that when he spots a moment of comfort he dives in and ends up getting too comfortable and says things that taken out of context are GOLD for the very media he despises. He is the Island too, you know. I know that island. And rock.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom