Morrissey interview, 2 songs on 3 News - New Zealand TV

You know that the 'full' interview was edited, don't you?

Doesn't change the fact that the interviewer engaged Morrissey. I feel as though he treated him with a considerable amount of respect as opposed to "look, ladies and gentlemen, I'm interviewing the bigmouth, himself! Wonder if I can get him to say something outrageous!" Morrissey definitely picked up on that, I think, and that's what kept the interview afloat and engaging.

Re: Morrissey interview and song on NZ TV

That was a good interview and a good performance (and I don't even like Paris that much). I expect most ppl think what he said about Kate is far-fetched - but he's right, and he wouldn't say it for no reason.

Well I wonder how he would like it if someone pranked the hospital treating his Mother just the other month?
Would he like it if we talk about his Mum in the same nasty way he has about Kate and the royal family ? Why was his Mum in hospital ? Was she even in hospital ? Was she even ill ? Or was it all just a little porkie-pie ? And if it was a porkie-pie what will the next one be ?
Animal rights ? Yes when it suits (New Zealand lamb slaughtered without stunning just the throat slit, proven animal cruelty!!) Oh sorry where was this interview from? Ah yes !! New Zealand. . . . . . . . . . .GET OFF THE STAGE YOU SILLY MAN

Re: Morrissey on Duchess of Cambridge's blame for suicide

1. Morrissey hates the Royals and nothing they do is acceptable in his mind. Full stop.

2. By now, it is obvious to him and to us, that a guaranteed way for him to get in the press is to criticize them. Works every time.

But about those comments...

"Does she have a health condition?" the singer asked. "Is it anorexia or is it pregnancy?" "[She] was in the hospital, as far as I could see, for absolutely no reason..."

It doesn't matter why she was in the hospital. If she needed medical attention then she deserved to be there. Period.

"I mean morning sickness already?"

Morning sickness occurs in the very early stages of pregnancy. This is how many women come to suspect they may be pregnant.

"While much of this stress can be blamed on the press, he said, or the 'maximum pressure [of] … the Palace and Clarence House,' he called on the duchess to take direct responsibility."

Are other people responsible for a person's suicide? Or is it ultimately the choice of the person? It isn't murder. It is suicide. Morrissey feels empathy for an emotionally unstable nurse, but absolutely none for Kate Middleton simply because she married into the wrong family. If Kate committed suicide after Morrissey's comments, would he be to blame? I don't think so.

Morrissey has become a media whore with his comments about The Royal Family. Musically he has nothing new to offer and can only grab headlines by insulting poor William and Kate. Morrissey needs to seriously growup and stop acting a ignored school boy

A jetlagged Morrissey gives it both barrels to that bunch of parasitic benefit scroungers. And needless to say he is right about the prank call and the manner in which the British media whipped it up to a frenzy and were culpable for the nurse's demise.

When discussing culpability shouldn't you have at least mentioned the two moronic, lowest common denominator DJs who made the call? Sweaty Miss Piggy Mel Grieg and the sociopath Michael Christian seem to be more than a little involved. Presumably you disagree.

I noticed during their nauseating attempt to save their careers the other night the shark eyed Mr. Christian has developed the ability of sobbing without tears. It's almost as if he doesn't really give a fu... No, surely not?

Edit: I'm old enough to remember several Smiths songs being considered to be aids to suicide, but I don't remember Morrissey taking any blame at all, so quite how this Middleton bird is responsible is a bit of a stretch.

Last edited:
Morrisseys even more of a moron than ever - twisted wasted soul - time to go and live on the moon mate

Unbelievably deluded - he harps on about about the uncaring, aloof Royal Family but treats those who helped him along the way like the dirt on his shoe.

When discussing culpability shouldn't you have at least mentioned the two moronic, lowest common denominator DJs who made the call? Sweaty Miss Piggy Mel Grieg and the sociopath Michael Christian seem to be more than a little involved. Presumably you disagree.

I noticed during their nauseating attempt to save their careers the other night the shark eyed Mr. Christian has developed the ability of sobbing without tears. It's almost as if he doesn't really give a fu... No, surely not?

Edit: I'm old enough to remember several Smiths songs being considered to be aids to suicide, but I don't remember Morrissey taking any blame at all, so quite how this Middleton bird is responsible is a bit of a stretch.

They had no mens rea when committing the act though, how could they foresee that a prank, which hundreds of radio stations partake (or rather partook!) in every day would culminate in somebody committing suicide?

Or what would have happened if Phil Collins, for example, had killed himself after the Brasseye paedophilia "prank". Should Chris Morris have beeen culpable?

Or how about when television reality programmes manipulate unsuspecting non-entities to be aggressive, bullying or evil? what would happen if someone took their life after being exposed like that?

However I do agree that holding Kate Middleton responsible is a stretch too far, although there is no doubt in my mind that deference to the Royal Family made this nurse hang herself. (Others are suggestig somethign far more sinister...)

Comments on Kate Middleton

Morrissey is very misinformed about hyperemesis gravidarum because it is NOT just morning sickness. It is a severe risk to mom & baby & requires prompt medical care. It is NOT anorexia or bulimia. I have been a matery nurse since 1966 & I know of what I speak. Read, educate yourself, & think before opening mouth.

They had no mens rea when committing the act though, how could they foresee that a prank, which hundreds of radio stations partake (or rather partook!) in every day would culminate in somebody committing suicide?

Or what would have happened if Phil Collins, for example, had killed himself after the Brasseye paedophilia "prank". Should Chris Morris have beeen culpable?

Or how about when television reality programmes manipulate unsuspecting non-entities to be aggressive, bullying or evil? what would happen if someone took their life after being exposed like that?

However I do agree that holding Kate Middleton responsible is a stretch too far, although there is no doubt in my mind that deference to the Royal Family made this nurse hang herself. (Others are suggestig somethign far more sinister...)

You say they could not have known, that's true, then that deference to the Royals made her hang herself. That suggests no phone prank = no suicide. They at least have that simple fact on their shoulders.

I have another suggestion. The nurse was of Indian descent. Now, even if she was fluent in English it would still be difficult for her to differentiate between accents. I'm quite proficient in Russian, but I still find it next to impossible to tell the difference between the accents of residents of cities thousands of miles apart.

When you add to that the chutzpah required to question someone claiming to be the Queen, my guess is most people would have put her through. Christian and Grieg spent much of the next broadcast crowing about their coup, in the most crass manner imaginable, while the nurse was publicly humiliated across the globe.

There are people, like this nurse, who are so dedicated to their jobs this sort of thing would devastate them.

However 2DayFM, Tubby Grieg or the dead eyed Michael Christian cut it if there was no call the chances are this poor woman would still be alive. What did this pitiful stunt achieve? Even if it had not resulted in this death, it was an attempt to glean private medical information about a pregnant woman who may well have been, for all anyone knew, about to lose a baby. That's about as low as you can get. If the News Of The World had done it there would have been ructions which would have made the Leveson inquiry look like a cosy chat over a cup of tea and a biccy.

My fervent hope is that neither of these presenters are ever paid to sit in front of a microphone again. Grieg is yet another harmless, hopeless media tart, and will not be missed. Michael Christian on the other hand is a nasty piece of work. The epitome of the bumptious narcissist our media seem to lap up.

Morrissey decides to end his career with a bang. A car-crash interview of such astonishing stupidity that it eclipses everything else he's ever done with one final absurd gesture. So, Kate was in hospital for no reason

(hyperemesis gravidarum)
and he left England to escape the Royals. Really? So where does he pay taxes now? Being seen with a Smiths record used to be sign language for being cool and interesting. Being seen with a Morrissey record from now on will be seen as signalling cult delusionality. Listen, Moz, if you really want to protest about hereditary royalty, play a gig in Bangkok, denounce the King onstage, then sweat it out in the Bangkok Hilton for a few years. Face. Time. Attention. Whore. Just like me, but thankfully, I'm only doing it as an experiment. I can switch the silly persona off anytime I like. Imagine actually being trapped in this mindset?

And to think otherwise sensible people seriously suggested this bloke was some kind of poet laureate or heir to Wilde. Definitely one of the most ridiculous people on the planet today. Fascinating in a rubber-neck motorway pile-up way but you wouldn't want to be stuck in a pub with this wanker.

Enjoy your Morrissey cult. I signed off and only came back tonight because there was still a subscription to a thread that needed cancelling. And then I saw the hilarious 'conspiracy theory' Moz cooked up on that long flight, that Kate Middleton is indifferent to and responsible for the suicide of a troubled woman she barely knew. I wish I could screen out any future references to this berk so i could still enjoy his past glories. I fully expect to see him parading up and down Oxford Street with a sandwich board and placard denouncing the Royals as alien lizard benefit thieves. He is beyond parody, beyond satire. He has disappeared up his own arse one final time. It's only is wealth and fawning inner circle that protect him from total ridicule.

I wonder if Morrissey used this same exclusive private hospital when he broke his finger from being such a wanker?
there's no way i could ever be in the same room with him again now, without laughing out loud at his complete and utter, self-inflicted, humiliation.

you....just.....couldn't....make...this..up!

bye Moz and er, keep up the 'remixes' of such classics as 'You Have Killed Me'. You have killed me tonight, Moz. Side-splitting belly laugh killer funny career suicide. LOL!

Last edited:
Did anyone notice that Morrissey applauded people who thought outside the box? :cool:

Maybe Morrissey is feeling a bit slighted when he cancels gigs due to illness and people has he's got absolutely no reason to cancel them except poor ticket sales... So bow he is passing that on to Kate. Morrissey should not be the one to cry fowl over Somoza claiming to be ill because he's not exactly got a clean slate.

Re: Comments on Kate Middleton

Morrissey is very misinformed about hyperemesis gravidarum because it is NOT just morning sickness. It is a severe risk to mom & baby & requires prompt medical care. It is NOT anorexia or bulimia. I have been a matery nurse since 1966 & I know of what I speak. Read, educate yourself, & think before opening mouth.

Last time I checked Morrissey didn't have MD behind his name. Morrissey should keep his mouth shut and focus on his songwriting. He hasn't products a decent album since Vauxhall and I. He should also remember the Royal family have there own ways of dealing with people like him.

Re: Comments on Kate Middleton

Last time I checked Morrissey didn't have MD behind his name. Morrissey should keep his mouth shut and focus on his songwriting. He hasn't products a decent album since Vauxhall and I. He should also remember the Royal family have there own ways of dealing with people like him.

jimmy savile's dead

Maybe Morrissey is feeling a bit slighted when he cancels gigs due to illness and people has he's got absolutely no reason to cancel them except poor ticket sales... So bow he is passing that on to Kate. Morrissey should not be the one to cry fowl over Somoza claiming to be ill because he's not exactly got a clean slate.

I believe Morrissey was faking illness three years ago when collapsed on stage in the UK. Maybe his mommy came to the hospital and gave him a big kiss and the story about his mother illness is very questionable.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom