Morrissey inspired "Doctor Who" comic cover

From Titan Comics press:

I'm thrilled to share with you a stunning Morrissey inspired cover for Titan's Doctor Who comic - DOCTOR WHO: THE TENTH DOCTOR #2.6.

Cover artist Simon Myers has already found inspiration with Doctor Who cover variants from the likes of Blondie and David Bowie, but this time sets his sights on the much-loved Morrissey from The Smiths.

The cover sees the Tenth Doctor as played by David Tennant in front of the iconic Salford Lads' Club, which The Smiths posed in front of the building for the inside cover of their album The Queen Is Dead.

This special variant cover for DOCTOR WHO: THE TENTH DOCTOR #2.6 is exclusively available from comic store AOD Collectables from February 3, 2016.

To contact the store visit:
https://www.facebook.com/AOD-Collectables-124355280924450/

Below is information about the issue:

DOCTOR WHO: THE TENTH DOCTOR #2.6
Writer: Nick Abadzis
Artist: Elena Casagrande
Publisher: Titan Comics
Page Count: 32pp
Price: $3.99
On Sale Date: February 3, 2016

The Doctor and Gabby are still caught between two factions as modern humanity is born. Neanderthals and Cro Magnons clash, and their actions will shape the direction taken by humankind in the millennia to come! Plus: Cindy discovers an alarming secret back in NYC... and in deep space, Anubis grows impatient!

dr_who_comic.jpg

Nice!

Nice but lazy lowest common denominator sludge. Because readers are thick and not able to see beyond the 80's stereotypes.

Nice but lazy lowest common denominator sludge. Because readers are thick and not able to see beyond the 80's stereotypes.

Good lord, can't you simply enjoy it? That "lowest common denominator" includes you, you know, as a (presumably) devoted fan to whom the reference would be meaningful. Moreover, the "80's stereotype" that readers cannot see beyond is, in fact, a reference to the 1980s; there is no 1990s reality for The Smiths. If you're upset that the artist didn't subtly reference a vinyl etching or rare bon mot, perhaps you require headier fare than comic book covers?

No sunburn, no Corona gut, no palm trees in the background, no LA references by lil Sammy, no un buttoned shirt exposed chest with a random giant pendant, yellow roses instead of blue roses, no marinara sauce splattered all over his face, etc.....How can that be Morrissey? Anonymous-

I wonder how many would put a useless apostrophe after 80, though?

It's 80s. Naturally. Any other way would be... dunno... thick?

No sunburn, no Corona gut, no palm trees in the background, no LA references by lil Sammy, no un buttoned shirt exposed chest with a random giant pendant, yellow roses instead of blue roses, no marinara sauce splattered all over his face, etc.....How can that be Morrissey? Anonymous-

Don't think its meant to be you racist simpleton, its a drawing of David Tennant standing in front of Salford Lads Club.

No one gives a shit who David Tennant is in Moz California where people actually buy tickets to Morrissey's shows and merch and where Morrissey makes his living, instead of people who just bitch and complain about Morrissey not playing in their countries or cities because they smash baby seal heads and steal the seals from their mom's, eat bacon wrapped hot dogs, support lion killer dentists, and make their castle guard's hats out of Canadian black bear fur.

No one gives a shit who David Tennant is in Moz California where people actually buy tickets to Morrissey's shows and merch and where Morrissey makes his living, instead of people who just bitch and complain about Morrissey not playing in their countries or cities because they smash baby seal heads and steal the seals from their mom's, eat bacon wrapped hot dogs, support lion killer dentists, and make their castle guard's hats out of Canadian black bear fur.

You make some strong points. What those points are remains a mystery.

You won't hear me bitching you racist tosser, have seen the Smiths 3 times and Morrissey over 20 times, so if I never see him again it's not a problem, however if I do want to see him again I would simply get on a plane to a place where he is playing. By the way, when I was in Malibu a couple of years back I saw a guy licking windows in that shitty little shopping place where Nobu is - was that you?

You dull ard,and you don't even realise YET that Moz heart will always be in the good old U.K

I wonder how many would put a useless apostrophe after 80, though?

It's 80s. Naturally. Any other way would be... dunno... thick?

Anal retentive anonymous ring piece. You are too brain damaged to realise that you are wrong and that the use of the apostrophe either before or after the number is correct and at the discretion of the writer. Look it up. Sounds like you have lots of free time in your sad little life.

Last edited:
Good lord, can't you simply enjoy it? That "lowest common denominator" includes you, you know, as a (presumably) devoted fan to whom the reference would be meaningful. Moreover, the "80's stereotype" that readers cannot see beyond is, in fact, a reference to the 1980s; there is no 1990s reality for The Smiths. If you're upset that the artist didn't subtly reference a vinyl etching or rare bon mot, perhaps you require headier fare than comic book covers?

No. Thanks though.

OMG LOL,You don't know who Doctor Who is?Thought our American cousins loved it?Beware of the "I AM A DALEK....I AM A DALEK....

OMG LOL,You don't know who Doctor Who is?Thought our American cousins loved it?Beware of the "I AM A DALEK....I AM A DALEK....

Give me Blake's Seven or Space 1999 any day! Or Sapphire & Steel. I need more clag in my TV diet.

Anal retentive anonymous ring piece. You are too brain damaged to realise that you are wrong and that the use of the apostrophe either before or after the number is correct and at the discretion of the writer. Look it up. Sounds like you have lots of free time in your sad little life.

You are so hilarious! First off, you are as anonymous as I am. Unless, of course, you look plastic and your name is Acton. In which case, good look finding that elusive mate.

It isn't at the discretion of the writer, at all. Do you know why? Because it's wrong, petal. It's not correct, my dear. W r o n g .

If it was at the writer's discretion, you'd have all sorts of nonsense allowed. It's written: the 80s. Or in your world do you write "the eighty's"? Or "the eightie's"? You do, don't you? Ouch! Writer's discretion, again? I've got more bad news...

Now. Isn't it nice to have learned something?

I just noticed this cover is only available from a Canadian shop - which is a bit ironic considering Canada is the one country in the world Morrissey has been boycotting for the last decade. Even the TARDIS couldn't drag him there.

I am a Canadian and I don't kill baby seals. People should not be punished for the mistakes of their government. It's just like saying all Americans are hated, which is not true. The American government and politics are hated world-wide, otherwise, most Americans are nice people (except you, of course).

Very nice. Tennant is said to be a huge fan of Morrissey's solo music. From the guardian (June 2006) :

"He has little reason to feel downcast today, having earlier received in the post the new albums by Morrissey, the Flaming Lips and Yeah Yeah Yeahs. The Morrissey one, particularly, he has high hopes for, convinced as he is that the great man's solo sets are, by and large, better than his efforts with the Smiths."

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom