Morrissey included in list of "anti-vaxxers" in today's LA Times Article (update: now removed)

Morrissey is included in a list of "anti-vaxxers" in today's LA Times Article about a different singer than I've never heard of.

Has Morrissey said anything specifically about vaccines?

https://www.latimes.com/entertainme...08-10/joseph-arthur-vaccine-anti-vaxxer-covid
or here:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/celebrated-singer-songwriter-famous-fans-120045435.html

The article reads, "By going public with his anti-vaccination position, Arthur has aligned himself with a small group of like-minded musicians, including Eric Clapton, Morrissey, M.I.A. and Van Morrison."

Where are Morrissey's comments about the vaccine?

Update:
The article has subsequently been edited to read:

" For the record:

3:46 p.m. Aug. 11, 2021
An earlier version of this article included Morrissey in a list of musicians who have gone public on anti-vaccination views. Although Morrissey has made negative statements about the pandemic, he hasn’t actually come out against the vaccine."

Last edited:
That's true.

But they're trying to motivate people to get vaccines - they're not the ideal vaccines, but they're better than nothing.

Obviously. But don’t do it with fascist like moves by punishing people, the vaccinated still spread,catch and die because of the virus.

The only logical thing to do is to require negative tests from people that want to attend gatherings. At this point it really is the only sane answer.
Proof of vaccination is in no way
protective to all concerned/attending.

And this should go for air travel also.

The admin's too annoying to stick with so it wouldn't last - plus I'm at the Edinburgh Festival &

no one in pubs is sticking to any rules. We're unruly. The governments have to factor that in.

That’s because they try too hard to rule over people. People do have their pride, and so most will naturally and even unconsciously rebel.

Obviously. But don’t do it with fascist like moves by punishing people, the vaccinated still spread,catch and die because of the virus.

The only logical thing to do is to require negative tests from people that want to attend gatherings. At this point it really is the only sane answer.

That’s because they try too hard to rule over people. People do have their pride, and so most will naturally and even unconsciously rebel.
Tests are quick and simple, and I understand that dogs can detect infected individuals. If the virus itself was the priority, it could all be addressed quite easily.

I’m from a different geopolitical part of the planet, therefore my perspective on vaccines is also quite different from those inhabiting the developed world.

In my country (BR) Covid-19 hit really hard. Total deaths are now more than half a million (566k to be exact). I’ve lost relatives, colleagues and acquaintances to the Coronavirus.

At the beginning of the pandemic our far-right negationist government was very busy calling Covid-19 a hoax, calling those wearing masks pussies, asking people to live normal lives, not equipping hospitals and not acquiring vaccines as soon as they were made available. The result of our president’s ideological views has proved to be catastrophic.

Here, we’ve had to fight for more vaccines. Most of the people want to be vaccinated, whereas in countries where plenty of vaccines were readily made available to the population many citizens refuse to be vaccinated.

Of course we know that anti-Covid-19 vaccines were developed in a rush, for obvious reasons, and they still might need some improvement, but so far vaccination has been proving to be effective. The maths is simple: more vaccinated people, less infections and deaths.

Einstein was right, wasn’t he? A point of view on a certain object depends from where you stand.

Tests are quick and simple, and I understand that dogs can detect infected individuals. If the virus itself was the priority, it could all be addressed quite easily.

Exactly.

Didn’t know that about dogs, interesting.

One would think that they know this. So their concern may be to get everyone vaccinated, but given the facts, their concern is obviously not about people’s health and safety.

The fact being that the vaccinated still catch, spread and die because of the virus.

So, they don’t care about people’s health and safety. If they did, they would see that requiring proof of a negative test is the only logical move at this point in time.

If the vaccine made you immune to
the virus and it’s various mutations
and there was proof the vaccine is safe long term, then we wouldn’t be having all the conflict between people and we wouldn’t be seeing the continued spread of the virus.

@Verso you think?

Last edited:
I’m from a different geopolitical part of the planet, therefore my perspective on vaccines is also quite different from those inhabiting the developed world.

In my country (BR) Covid-19 hit really hard. Total deaths are now more than half a million (566k to be exact). I’ve lost relatives, colleagues and acquaintances to the Coronavirus.

At the beginning of the pandemic our far-right negationist government was very busy calling Covid-19 a hoax, calling those wearing masks pussies, asking people to live normal lives, not equipping hospitals and not acquiring vaccines as soon as they were made available. The result of our president’s ideological views has proved to be catastrophic.

Here, we’ve had to fight for more vaccines. Most of the people want to be vaccinated, whereas in countries where plenty of vaccines were readily made available to the population many citizens refuse to be vaccinated.

Of course we know that anti-Covid-19 vaccines were developed in a rush, for obvious reasons, and they still might need some improvement, but so far vaccination has been proving to be effective. The maths is simple: more vaccinated people, less infections and deaths.

Einstein was right, wasn’t he? A point of view on a certain object depends from where you stand.

Sorry for your loss.

Yes, you’re in a different position and your reasoning from that point makes sense.

Though the vaccine needs much improvement it also needs long term tests, yes, I know ‘emergency’
but because there were no long term human trials due to lack of time, many refuse to put it into their bodies and would rather take the chance of getting the virus instead, regardless of our views on this, that is their choice.

People should be allowed to make their own choices, and not be forced
into doing something with the pathetic reward and punishment strategy that is obviously being put into practice.

I hope you’ve had access to the vaccine by now, if that is still your choice. Be safe.

People can have ALL my vaccines 👿🤬😡!!! Where I live ( in germany ) corrupt politicians blackmail people to take the vaccines. They take away from unvaccinated people their lifes, hobbies, sport, education.... Step after step EVERYTHING!!!! I could write a lot what happens. Unvaccinated, sane people get pressure, but we will NOT take vaccines. Corrupt, shitty politicians can't break us. We are getting angry and are ready for revolution.

I am glad you said this openly. Thanks. He described himself very often and very early as ill (Maladjusted) and for a long time it seemed like coquetry, but in old age extreme characteristics and the dwindling popularity are a burden.

dmitrio_O
maybe in ukraine maladjusted = ill
but not in english
maybe you should take proper
english lessons so your trolling can acquire 1 iota of sense:hammer:

Sorry for your loss.

Yes, you’re in a different position and your reasoning from that point makes sense.

Though the vaccine needs much improvement it also needs long term tests, yes, I know ‘emergency’
but because there were no long term human trials due to lack of time, many refuse to put it into their bodies and would rather take the chance of getting the virus instead, regardless of our views on this, that is their choice.

People should be allowed to make their own choices, and not be forced
into doing something with the pathetic reward and punishment strategy that is obviously being put into practice.

I hope you’ve had access to the vaccine by now, if that is still your choice. Be safe.

Being a democrat, I'm all for the individual right to choose, always.

But, I'm also for thinking and acting collectively when a certain situation involves the welfare of a collectivity. Maybe that's just my Christian upbringing, and maybe it's a soul thing.

Yes, I'm vaccinated. Thank you. :)

And there, ladies and gentleman, it is. The one that blows up the irony meter.

Oi for your 'genius level multi expertise' on many unimportant
matters-non fungal fungi, the textile color blue, ipod games-:crazy:
peeps would have thought you knew that you cant get 'maladjusted'
from getting the convid kung flu:lbf:
or do nazi hunting by swigging gallons of coors beer:crazy:

:hammer:

This is the most effective solution:

Excellent organisation at the Ritz. The chemist up the road has stayed open so if you can’t show vacination status or test results they send you there for a lateral flow test.

No it’s not.

A vaccination status is pointless.

The vaccinated can stilll spread, catch and die because of the virus.

Only a negative test result will keep everyone attending safe.

vaccinations still very much reduce risk of spread. Say a test or two out of whatever is wrong or they just don’t catch it at the right time and everyone else there is unvaccinated. It would spread farther amongst a crowd of unvaccinated people than it would in a vaccinated crowd

vaccinations still very much reduce risk of spread.

You would think.

Say a test or two out of whatever is wrong or they just don’t catch it at the right time and everyone else there is unvaccinated.

The unvaccinated know very well they are taking a risk in not being vaccinated and attending a crowded event.

The vaccinated are ‘protected’ but are still taking a risk anywhere they go.

It’s always a risk, mask up, cross your fingers.

It would spread farther amongst a crowd of unvaccinated people than it would in a vaccinated crowd

You would think so.

But look at this ...

“Last week, the agency released a study that showed the Delta variantproduced similar amounts of virus in vaccinated and unvaccinated people if they got infected -- data that suggests vaccinated people who get a breakthrough infection could have a similar tendency to spread the virus as the unvaccinated.”

So the virus would spread just the same regardless of vaccination status.

Yes, there is a chance the tests aren’t
perfect. Is that what you mean?

Anyway, It’s all a risk one takes if one chooses to be in a crowded gathering regardless of their vaccination status.

Just feel at this point in time, tests and wearing a mask ( if one wants to?) is the way to go.

Edit: Actually, I’m surprised shows are being allowed to happen at this time.

Last edited:
You would think.

The unvaccinated know very well they are taking a risk in not being vaccinated and attending a crowded event.

The vaccinated are ‘protected’ but are still taking a risk anywhere they go.

It’s always a risk, mask up, cross your fingers.

You would think so.

But look at this ...

“Last week, the agency released a study that showed the Delta variantproduced similar amounts of virus in vaccinated and unvaccinated people if they got infected -- data that suggests vaccinated people who get a breakthrough infection could have a similar tendency to spread the virus as the unvaccinated.”

So the virus would spread just the same regardless of vaccination status.

Of those who got infected is the important part there as vaccines still greatly protect against infection meaning an unvaccinated crowd is more likely to be infected as well as the much smaller percent of breakthrough cases. If you remove the unvaccinated then there’s a much smaller number of infection and thus spread. You can say man up if that’s your opinion but you seemed to be indicating that requiring both was pointless and that’s not true

Excellent organisation at the Ritz. The chemist up the road has stayed open so if you can’t show vacination status or test results they send you there for a lateral flow test.
That sounds excellent. Who are you seeing?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom