Morrissey incense?

dailyalice

Frink Squad Member
Does Morrissey have a preferred incense that he uses at shows?

He sprays the stage with Avignon. Well... He has someone do it for him.

Samples of Avignon by Comme Des Garcons can be had here for $3, or drive down to the Lucky Scent "Scent Bar" shoppe in LA to smell it. $80 for a full bottle. I'd skip the candles personally and go for the perfume, you get more for your buck.

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/detail.asp?itemid=21900

Scarlet and I stopped in on our last day in LA since she's long been a fan of Lucky Scent's mail order. Bored, I smelled pretty much every Comme Des Garcons scent they had and found Avignon was definitely the best. Their Soda scent wasn't bad, sort of lemon-lime.

Last edited:
Samples of Avignon by Comme Des Garcons can be had here for $3, or drive down to the Lucky Scent "Scent Bar" shoppe in LA to smell it. $80 for a full bottle. I'd skip the candles personally and go for the perfume, you get more for your buck.

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/detail.asp?itemid=21900

Scarlet and I stopped in on our last day in LA since she's long been a fan of Lucky Scent's mail order. Bored, I smelled pretty much every Comme Des Garcons scent they had and found Avignon was definitely the best. Their Soda scent wasn't bad, sort of lemon-lime.

I like the Comme Des Garcons Rhubarb. I didn't think rhubarb really had a smell, but it does.

Does Morrissey have a preferred incense that he uses at shows?

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g-tyer3f7zA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g-tyer3f7zA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

This one is way cuter though. :p

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bs7cITAcF78&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bs7cITAcF78&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I like the Comme Des Garcons Rhubarb. I didn't think rhubarb really had a smell, but it does.

The fresh Avignon in the store reminded me of cola. Anyone else smell that?

There was another scent in the Comme Des Garcons Incense line that I thought was OK, think it was Jaisalmer (or maybe Ouarzazate).

After Soda, the Skai scent in the same Comme Des Garcons Synthetic line was OK. It was fun trying the Synthetic scents (like "Tar"), but I can't imagine paying to smell like that. Kinda like Demeter.

The citrus scents in the Comme des Garcons Series 8: Energy C were OK too (and cheaper).

Dailyalice, if you want to get that Morrissey/Avignon kick, just burn some frankincense. It's a very popular incense, particular to cathedrals and dieties. ;) It has an ancient, sweet, dusty complex, spicy, heavy quality to it. You can buy it as a resin, and burn it on a little charcoal. It has always been one of my favorite smells on this Earth.

The first time I got a really good whiff of Morrissey I nearly fainted, because his personal chemistry seemed to transform this familiar smell into something entirely intoxicating. I seriously thought I was going to swoon away. :o I was in high heaven, down in front, just drinking in that musky, sweet, sweaty scent.

The memory of it makes me dizzy...

Damn, by these accounts I'd have to say that Morrissey doesn't perfume up to go out and see Russell Brand. I didn't smell him at all and we were right next to each other. He had an aura though. Does that count? :o

Damn, by these accounts I'd have to say that Morrissey doesn't perfume up to go out and see Russell Brand. I didn't smell him at all and we were right next to each other. He had an aura though. Does that count? :o
Can I buy that aura anyplace? ;)

I have a sample (Avignon Incense), I like it a lot, unfortunately, it doesn't last long on me. A nice alternative is Messe de Minuit by Etro. Cheaper, lasts longer, very similar fragrance.

Steve

This is all very useful information. I have now ordered my sample of avignon. Does he no longer wear Helmut Lang's Cuiron? Or did he ever?
My question was a little different - someone a few years ago said he actually burned incense sticks before the show, and (now I can't find it) there is a picture of him with a bunch of sticks in his hand. I was wondering if he had a preference in regard to these.

OK, just got my sample of Avignon. The frankincense is alot stronger in the cologne than it is on him. It's not the scent inspired memory I was hoping for :(. Morrissey seemed to have a stronger floral note. Morrissey smells much better.
We need to take a piece of Morrissey's shirt to a perfume expert and get him to reproduce not the cologne he wears but the cologne he makes by wearing avignon.

OK, just got my sample of Avignon. The frankincense is alot stronger in the cologne than it is on him. It's not the scent inspired memory I was hoping for :(. Morrissey seemed to have a stronger floral note. Morrissey smells much better.
We need to take a piece of Morrissey's shirt to a perfume expert and get him to reproduce not the cologne he wears but the cologne he makes by wearing avignon.

I've read he also wore Gucci Pour Homme in the past, though I've heard he hasn't worn that this tour. Sorry for not mentioning that earlier. Someone on Solo described it as smelling like incense and pepper.

I believe I smelled some Gucci Pour Homme while killing time waiting for someone :rolleyes: at the Ulta in Las Vegas, and it looked the same but smelled bad and totally different than the bottle I've got (black cap, clear rectangular bottle, caramel colored liquid). I remember thinking, that's totally wrong for them to do. They've got a Gucci Pour Homme II out and maybe that's what I was smelling, but the picture I see online is gold cap with blue liquid, not what I remember.

I've read he also wore Gucci Pour Homme in the past, though I've heard he hasn't worn that this tour. Sorry for not mentioning that earlier. Someone on Solo described it as smelling like incense and pepper.

I believe I smelled some Gucci Pour Homme while killing time waiting for someone :rolleyes: at the Ulta in Las Vegas, and it looked the same but smelled bad and totally different than the bottle I've got (black cap, clear rectangular bottle, caramel colored liquid). I remember thinking, that's totally wrong for them to do. They've got a Gucci Pour Homme II out and maybe that's what I was smelling, but the picture I see online is gold cap with blue liquid, not what I remember.

Gucci pour homme 1 is what I use and has a magnificent smell, the one you described with black top and caramel colour. The gucci pour homme II is not as good, didn't smell anything like the original and is blue coloured

Back
Top Bottom