Morrissey Central "Morrissey in the UK" - UK tour details (June 9, 2022)

MORRISSEY IN THE UK

Billy_Halop_Scan_600dpi_saphdj.jpg

Full details will appear next week of Morrissey's ten upcoming concerts in Eire and the UK. The dates are fixed for September and October. No rules / regulations / restrictions will be in place for these concerts - everyone is welcome. Morrissey's last UK date was London Wembley Arena in March 2020. Morrissey will play 5 nights at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas during the first week of July.

Regards,
FWD.

(Image used: Billy Halop)

Media items:

I imagine more dates may be announced depends on ticket sales. I remember this happened a few years ago when sales were strong he announced two nights at castle field bowl. I imagine is Manchester sells well another gig will be announced.
Absolutely no chance - Morrissey remains frighteningly (and unjustifiably in my opinion) toxic in the UK. If anything the tour will be downsized or dates will be cancelled like on the ill-fated summer 2018 UK tour. Would love to be proved wrong.

Last edited:
Absolutely no chance - Morrissey remains frighteningly (and unjustifiably in my opinion) toxic in the UK. If anything the tour will be downsized or dates will be cancelled like on the ill-fated summer 2018 UK tour. Would love to be proved wrong.
You will be.

You’ll be proved wrong: this is judged right.

I’m rather clueless when it comes to the ‘industry’ of music.

Does anyone know the relation (if there is one/has to be one/more potential to be one, etc.) of having a tour organized and promoted and a new LP being issued?

Is there a chance there must be a connection, or can they be completely separate entities?

Thanks, be well all….
Quarry was toured in 2002 way before it came out for the same reason that Morrissey did not have a contract to record. At least Bonfire has actually been recorded.

On instagram on his site Moz ppublica a guy enjoying the show, singing how soon is now, who knows him ???????..Olly Murs quien lo conoce?

EIRE? No-one here calls it that. It's the Republic of Ireland or just Ireland. Eire was a made up phrase used by the British establishment...
No, Eire isn’t a made up phrase. It is the Gaelic word for Ireland. Please refer to the front cover of any Irish passport for clarification.

The British establishment might be to blame for many things, but John Bocky, you are more wrong than right here. Enjoy the tour regardless!

Forget the Eire crap!

see your at it again.how do you know things that havent happened yet.you always end with,I WOULD LOVE TO BE PROVED WRONG,get real,you would love cancellations and half empty venues,but as i look into my big crystal ball i can see full venues and everyone enjoying themselves.

A surprising reversal of policy, if true. Didn’t he once stop a performance at some festival because the smoke from a concession stand barbecue had wafted across the stage? Unlike the Lord God, Morrissey does not “smell a sweet savor” when his olfactory senses detect burning animal flesh.
think he means covid.

Right. I read it as an implied reference to unmasked and unvaccinated persons. But if Morrissey does reverse his policy on meat, then I'm afraid Brummie Boy will be duly vindicated.
brummie is too busy with google these days and his obsession with ireland.

While I need to know more details I've a feeling I'm going go mad here and try to attend as many as possible.My wife and I done the Scottish gigs a few years back (5 gigs in 7 days in great intimate venues) and I loved it.
that was the 2011 tour,i went to the perth and dunoon gigs,dunoon is just across the river from me.great concerts in intimate venues.those were the days.

brummie is too busy with google these days and his obsession with ireland.

But oddly for him, he is defending Morrissey’s use of Eire for Ireland against the pedants. I’m sure he (M.) was just being poetic. Perhaps he should’ve said “Erin’s Isle.”

The Brummie Bro is caustic to a fault, and completely wrong about Morrissey, but he is nevertheless one of my favorite posters on here. It’s amusing to read his performances in the archives. He can certainly come up with clever turns of phrase and creative insults, and he is tireless in his combativeness. I particularly enjoy reading threads where he eviscerates a few of the pompous and snarky know-it-all’s on here. He occasionally serves a useful function: he is the opening of a window and the cold blast of fresh winter air that takes the smell of someone’s rude flatulence out of the room.

I‘m an Irish Mancunian. It was always the case that when sending mail, such a Christmas and Birthday cards over to family in Ireland that “EIRE” was written at the end of the address. All my family did it, and I still do it. It‘s how Irish Immigrants who came to the UK in the 50’s & 60’s were advised to send post back home. The habit stuck. It’s not something that anyone gives a seconds thought to.

At no other time would this be used, said, or referred to by anyone.

Forget the Eire crap!
That's what our current"leader" said. The idea of national sovereignty is a "backward notion" apparently. Morrissey can come and pay homage to the goddess Eiru while he's here, as long as we can go and do the same in Kerry. So excited he's starting his tour here.
And my tuppence worth it's Ireland, Republic of Ireland or Eire, never "southern Ireland".
Only lost tourists and Orangemen use that one.

Numpty can't even announce concert dates these days without a right wing snipe. No rules/regulations/restrictions! Wise up.

Numpty can't even announce concert dates these days without a right wing snipe. No rules/regulations/restrictions! Wise up.

Sam's an anti-vaxxer - it crosses the political spectrum.

Morrissey has said nothing about masks or vaccines.

Edit: tbh I don't think anyone cares anymore. Ian Brown is strutting about showbiz like the last 2 years never happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try again

Article 4 of the Irish constitution adopted in 1937 by the government under Éamon de Valera states "Éire is the name of the state, or in the English language, Ireland".[5] The Constitution's English-language preamble also describes the population as "We, the people of Éire". Despite the fact that Article 8 designated Irish as the "national" and "first official" language, Éire has to some extent passed out of everyday conversation and literature, and the state is referred to as Ireland or its equivalent in all other languages.

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1016885-tomato-fruit-salad
just watched the scotland v ireland game and the word eire appears on the back collar of the irish players shirts so its still relevant today.

I‘m an Irish Mancunian. It was always the case that when sending mail, such a Christmas and Birthday cards over to family in Ireland that “EIRE” was written at the end of the address. All my family did it, and I still do it. It‘s how Irish Immigrants who came to the UK in the 50’s & 60’s were advised to send post back home. The habit stuck. It’s not something that anyone gives a seconds thought to.

At no other time would this be used, said, or referred to by anyone.
I’m Irish Mancunian: we’re obviously peasants because we called Ireland, Ireland.

Tags
tour 2022

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom