Morrissey Central "Morrissey in the UK" - UK tour details (June 9, 2022)

MORRISSEY IN THE UK

Billy_Halop_Scan_600dpi_saphdj.jpg

Full details will appear next week of Morrissey's ten upcoming concerts in Eire and the UK. The dates are fixed for September and October. No rules / regulations / restrictions will be in place for these concerts - everyone is welcome. Morrissey's last UK date was London Wembley Arena in March 2020. Morrissey will play 5 nights at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas during the first week of July.

Regards,
FWD.

(Image used: Billy Halop)

Media items:

I’m rather clueless when it comes to the ‘industry’ of music.

Does anyone know the relation (if there is one/has to be one/more potential to be one, etc.) of having a tour organized and promoted and a new LP being issued?

Is there a chance there must be a connection, or can they be completely separate entities?

Thanks, be well all….
Touring contracts and record contracts are not usually connected. When an artist decides they want to tour (or their management does) they do this through tour promoters which are, mostly, independent of record companies. It makes sense to tour to push a new album sales so maybe the album is on its way. There would be an announce that soon though surely.

Touring contracts and record contracts are not usually connected. When an artist decides they want to tour (or their management does) they do this through tour promoters which are, mostly, independent of record companies. It makes sense to tour to push a new album sales so maybe the album is on its way. There would be an announce that soon though surely.
I think this tour is going to be more about trying to get a contract, rather than pushing a record, much like the 2002 tour: the venues seem chosen to sell out quick, and highlight demand.

Incidentally, the Doncaster Dome venue looks brilliant.

I imagine more dates may be announced depends on ticket sales. I remember this happened a few years ago when sales were strong he announced two nights at castle field bowl. I imagine is Manchester sells well another gig will be announced.

I imagine more dates may be announced depends on ticket sales. I remember this happened a few years ago when sales were strong he announced two nights at castle field bowl. I imagine is Manchester sells well another gig will be announced.

And then they were cancelled due to him spouting shite and ticket sales being abysmal.

2018 only saw 3 other U.K. gigs: Reading, Portsmouth and Edinburgh. These were announced after the Manchester dates. Then the whole lot, along with the 4 European ones were scrapped the Friday before they should have commenced.

No rules / restrictions must mean he's decided to relax his ban on venues selling meat at his shows.

A surprising reversal of policy, if true. Didn’t he once stop a performance at some festival because the smoke from a concession stand barbecue had wafted across the stage? Unlike the Lord God, Morrissey does not “smell a sweet savor” when his olfactory senses detect burning animal flesh.

Same in 2002: the Royal Albert Hall gigs were first advertised as his only UK dates for the year, As I recall. They consequently sold-out in minutes, and an entire tour was instantly announced.

A surprising reversal of policy, if true. Didn’t he once stop a performance at some festival because the smoke from a concession stand barbecue had wafted across the stage? Unlike the Lord God, Morrissey does not “smell a sweet savor” when his olfactory senses detect burning animal flesh.
Coachella 2009

No rules / restrictions must mean he's decided to relax his ban on venues selling meat at his shows.

Nah. Rules/restrictions that attendees need to follow. I’m sure Morrissey’s rules are still firmly in place, as they should be.

Nah. Rules/restrictions that attendees need to follow. I’m sure Morrissey’s rules are still firmly in place, as they should be.

Right. I read it as an implied reference to unmasked and unvaccinated persons. But if Morrissey does reverse his policy on meat, then I'm afraid Brummie Boy will be duly vindicated.

Knowledge is knowing tomatoes are fruit.
Wisdom is knowing you don’t put tomatoes in a fruit salad.
Eire (sans fada) is as the OP indicated is ironically a somewhat euphemistic term for “Southern Ireland” / Republic of Ireland and is only ever used by a certain cohort of Brits to avoid using the word “Ireland” which pretty much everyone else worldwide uses.
It’s kind of saying:
“we’re not using the word Ireland as that’s not a country - we ahem kind of eh.. “own” a bit of it. Eire is the bit we don’t own”
Ever see Éire in drop down country selectors etc . No
It’s weird really seeing it’s an Irish / Gaelic word (only ever appearing on stamps really in Ireland) co-opted and twisted with connotations to mean something else by a certain cohort of colonial Brits
Try again

Article 4 of the Irish constitution adopted in 1937 by the government under Éamon de Valera states "Éire is the name of the state, or in the English language, Ireland".[5] The Constitution's English-language preamble also describes the population as "We, the people of Éire". Despite the fact that Article 8 designated Irish as the "national" and "first official" language, Éire has to some extent passed out of everyday conversation and literature, and the state is referred to as Ireland or its equivalent in all other languages.

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1016885-tomato-fruit-salad

Right. I read it as an implied reference to unmasked and unvaccinated persons.

don’t know why people would think it could ever apply to Morrissey. Yes I assumed everyone would know or see that it most likely pertains to Covid regulations.

I come from a Irish family that dates back to the Ark.I have worked with Irish people for over 40 years at no time ever have I heard Ireland referred to as Eire.
I'm Irish and have lived here most of my life apart from 4 to 5 years. I never hear Eire unless it's in a TV documentary about Ireland 100 years ago. Our national broadcaster is RTE (Raidio Telefis Eireann) which means radio/television of Ireland. But certainly Eire is never used in conversation or modern culture as far as I know. Then again we never call Britain 'Great Britain' because of its inherent pomposity and self-congratulatory cringeworthiness.

Why no Newcastle?, when he played the arena Morrissey was great and the audience loved it, he could play the Sage at gateshead a great venue or the city hall, I know Stockton is close by sort of bug not a chance I would go there, rough as
He played the Sage on the Ringleader tour & it didn't go well. It's great for acoustics, but all seated with a pit between the stage so less good for audience interaction and (thankfully) no good for stage invaders. Basically it was a massive sulk-fest & he's never been back since. The Newcastle arena gig on the 2nd round of the tour was great though.

I'm Irish and have lived here most of my life apart from 4 to 5 years. I never hear Eire unless it's in a TV documentary about Ireland 100 years ago. Our national broadcaster is RTE (Raidio Telefis Eireann) which means radio/television of Ireland. But certainly Eire is never used in conversation or modern culture as far as I know. Then again we never call Britain 'Great Britain' because of its inherent pomposity and self-congratulatory cringeworthiness.
You do know the "Great" in Great Britain doesn't mean magnificent, Super or brilliant, don't you ?

Tags
tour 2022

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom