Morrissey Central "Morrissey in the UK" - UK tour details (June 9, 2022)

MORRISSEY IN THE UK

Billy_Halop_Scan_600dpi_saphdj.jpg

Full details will appear next week of Morrissey's ten upcoming concerts in Eire and the UK. The dates are fixed for September and October. No rules / regulations / restrictions will be in place for these concerts - everyone is welcome. Morrissey's last UK date was London Wembley Arena in March 2020. Morrissey will play 5 nights at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas during the first week of July.

Regards,
FWD.

(Image used: Billy Halop)

Media items:

Yes me too and Manchester Apollo if that's where he plays, if it's the arena I'll pass.
There is absolutely zero chance of him playing the Manchester Arena as part of a UK tour - he wouldn't even be able to sell a third of the tickets since the 2018-2020 mass fan haemorrhaging. As the only UK date he might sell over half but as a UK tour it would sell humiliatingly few. I would love to be proved wrong but pretty certain I won't be.

EIRE? No-one here calls it that. It's the Republic of Ireland or just Ireland. Eire was a made up phrase used by the British establishment...

Attachments

• 1922-ireland-eire-stamp-bill-owen.jpg
    1922-ireland-eire-stamp-bill-owen.jpg
    319.8 KB · Views: 0
ireland-1943-founding-of-gaelic-league-set-fine-mint-55935-p.jpg

There is absolutely zero chance of him playing the Manchester Arena as part of a UK tour - he wouldn't even be able to sell a third of the tickets since the 2018-2020 mass fan haemorrhaging. As the only UK date he might sell over half but as a UK tour it would sell humiliatingly few. I would love to be proved wrong but pretty certain I won't be.
No offence, but why are you so obsessed with fan haemorrhaging? Have you been hired by someone to do a study on it or something? Do you have one of those clickers while standing outside the venues counting people going in and out?

no rules / regulations / restrictions will be in place for these concerts - everyone is welcome
Fantastic. I'm sick of all those snowflake gigs where you get turned away if you arrive naked and covered in cocaine.

Eat your sour grapes

I’m rather clueless when it comes to the ‘industry’ of music.

Does anyone know the relation (if there is one/has to be one/more potential to be one, etc.) of having a tour organized and promoted and a new LP being issued?

Is there a chance there must be a connection, or can they be completely separate entities?

Thanks, be well all….

Does anyone know the relation (if there is one/has to be one/more potential to be one, etc.) of having a tour organized and promoted and a new LP being issued?

Is there a chance there must be a connection, or can they be completely separate entities?

Thanks, be well all….
They can be completely separate entities. (Sadly, as I'd love Bonfire to be released.)

Absolute bollix...the modern dispute over the use of that word doesn't negate its ancient origins.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Éire

'Etymology. The modern Irish Éire evolved from the Old Irish word Ériu, which was the name of Ireland and of a Gaelic goddess. Ériu is generally believed to have been the matron goddess of Ireland, a goddess of sovereignty, or simply a goddess of the land.'
I come from a Irish family that dates back to the Ark.I have worked with Irish people for over 40 years at no time ever have I heard Ireland referred to as Eire.

No rules / restrictions must mean he's decided to relax his ban on venues selling meat at his shows.

While I need to know more details I've a feeling I'm going go mad here and try to attend as many as possible.My wife and I done the Scottish gigs a few years back (5 gigs in 7 days in great intimate venues) and I loved it.

wouldnt fancy spending xmas day with you,we all know he wont fill massive arenas anymore but we dont need you to point it out as if you are some type of soothesayer who can can see what the future holds.cheer up it might never happen but in your case it probably has.

Thanks, be well all….
usually the album comes out first then the artist tours to promote it.this isnt always the case though.

While I need to know more details I've a feeling I'm going go mad here and try to attend as many as possible.My wife and I done the Scottish gigs a few years back (5 gigs in 7 days in great intimate venues) and I loved it.
You did all those Scotland gigs. Why have you never mentioned this before 🫣😁

London and Brighton here we come!

Éire is literally just Irish for Ireland. Ireland is the English version.
Knowledge is knowing tomatoes are fruit.
Wisdom is knowing you don’t put tomatoes in a fruit salad.
Eire (sans fada) is as the OP indicated is ironically a somewhat euphemistic term for “Southern Ireland” / Republic of Ireland and is only ever used by a certain cohort of Brits to avoid using the word “Ireland” which pretty much everyone else worldwide uses.
It’s kind of saying:
“we’re not using the word Ireland as that’s not a country - we ahem kind of eh.. “own” a bit of it. Eire is the bit we don’t own”
Ever see Éire in drop down country selectors etc . No
It’s weird really seeing it’s an Irish / Gaelic word (only ever appearing on stamps really in Ireland) co-opted and twisted with connotations to mean something else by a certain cohort of colonial Brits

MORRISSEY IN THE UK

View attachment 81968

Full details will appear next week of Morrissey's ten upcoming concerts in Eire and the UK. The dates are fixed for September and October. No rules / regulations / restrictions will be in place for these concerts - everyone is welcome. Morrissey's last UK date was London Wembley Arena in March 2020. Morrissey will play 5 nights at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas during the first week of July.

Regards,
FWD.

(Image used: Billy Halop)

Media items:

Why no Newcastle?, when he played the arena Morrissey was great and the audience loved it, he could play the Sage at gateshead a great venue or the city hall, I know Stockton is close by sort of bug not a chance I would go there, rough as

Tags
tour 2022

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom