Morrissey Central "Morrissey in the UK" - UK tour details (June 9, 2022)

MORRISSEY IN THE UK

Billy_Halop_Scan_600dpi_saphdj.jpg

Full details will appear next week of Morrissey's ten upcoming concerts in Eire and the UK. The dates are fixed for September and October. No rules / regulations / restrictions will be in place for these concerts - everyone is welcome. Morrissey's last UK date was London Wembley Arena in March 2020. Morrissey will play 5 nights at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas during the first week of July.

Regards,
FWD.

(Image used: Billy Halop)

Media items:

Meh, I saw him at the Arena in 2016. It was a good gig, I just can't be arsed with the arena. I've seen him enough times now that I don't mind skipping if it's at a massive venue.
Perfectly understandable, I ducked out of Roxy Music because they were playing the Arena: a joyless cavern. And nearly £8 a pint.

I'll be taking my eldest for his first Moz concerts... probably Brum and Manchester. I hope I'm standing/sitting next to Uncle Peter...it's going to be tremendous!

Hopefully a chance to get to my first Morrissey gig after about 10 years of listening! His music means so much to my dad and I. It would also be the first live music performance he takes me to. This really will be fantastic!

Yes, yes, Ohhhh yes!

Toss up between London or Brighton for this southerner depending on the days but I will be there! A part of me wondered if I would ever see the man again, so this opportunity will be firmly taken with both hands.
Yes, after the years of repeatedly watching the 'Who Put the 'M' in Manchester' gig and learning Moz/Smiths songs on the guitar, I thought perhaps I would never get the chance to witness the great man live, seeming I am a teen. How brilliant it is that that was wrong!

I'll be taking my eldest for his first Moz concerts... probably Brum and Manchester. I hope I'm standing/sitting next to Uncle Peter...it's going to be tremendous!
This is what it is about! - Developing my generation (teenagers) into Moz fans, like myself.

I will be there in Doncaster, I think the Dome is the only venue and that was the place I first saw him solo in 1991!

EIRE? No-one here calls it that. It's the Republic of Ireland or just Ireland. Eire was a made up phrase used by the British establishment...
UK news often calls it "southern Ireland". I hate that tosspot-ery.

When Moz says no rules/everyone is welcome does he mean we don't need tickets?

OffensiveTintedEsok-size_restricted.gif

I'd be amazed if Blackpool wasn't the Empress Ballroom. Grand Theatre would be too small surely...? Will be there regardless. Hoping to be in Glasgow and Doncaster as well. If the venues are on the smaller side, the setlists should reflect it, please preach to the converted.

And if it is Barrowlands.... he does great concerts there. Well I only saw him there once but it was great!
not too sure if it will be the barrowlands,place is mental.crowds are a bit more sedate these days.
anyone going to glasgow better hope the trains are runnnig,nearly everywhere the trains have been stopping between 8-9,shortage of drivers.

My money is on the Hydro for this one Gordy😳
baz that place is huge,mate went to see e l o and said jeff lynne was so far away, and that was after paying decent money for his seat.

If you’re front standing, he isn’t that far away to be honest. 2018
View attachment 81990
I just find as I get older I'll arrive in time for support band to start. My concert cohorts prefer to arrive just after support bands finish and that's what we did for last few concerts (Gary Numan, The Cure, etc.) so you lose the chance of getting near the stage in favour of not going numb with boredom for hours waiting (dying for the toilet but afraid to leave). Most concerts I try to get up front but I do think the sound is better from further back.

I just find as I get older I'll arrive in time for support band to start. My concert cohorts prefer to arrive just after support bands finish and that's what we did for last few concerts (Gary Numan, The Cure, etc.) so you lose the chance of getting near the stage in favour of not going numb with boredom for hours waiting (dying for the toilet but afraid to leave). Most concerts I try to get up front but I do think the sound is better from further back.
Morrissey and support acts are not a common theme for most of the last ten years or so, so you won’t need to worry yourself with that 👍

Last edited:
Tags
tour 2022

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom