Morrissey in the studio?

SEMISORRY

While searching Google News under Morrissey, I came across the following headline- but the link is broken:

Sun shines for Morrissey and Visconti
Irish Independent - ‎9 hours ago‎
"Panic on the streets of London/ Panic on the streets of Birmingham," sang Morrissey on the Smiths classic 'Panic'. But while rioting swept the UK last week, I can reveal the Manchester singer was in a Dublin studio working with legendary David Bowie ...

Has anyone read this article before it was removed- and what did it say? Thanks

While searching Google News under Morrissey, I came across the following headline- but the link is broken:

Sun shines for Morrissey and Visconti
Irish Independent - ‎9 hours ago‎
"Panic on the streets of London/ Panic on the streets of Birmingham," sang Morrissey on the Smiths classic 'Panic'. But while rioting swept the UK last week, I can reveal the Manchester singer was in a Dublin studio working with legendary David Bowie ...

Has anyone read this article before it was removed- and what did it say? Thanks

It's news to me. But I hope it's true news and Visconti has his Heathen head on.

I figured the producer would be Visconti. Morrissey said that he wanted to work with him again, and Boz recently had that facebook picture with Visconti. It looks like that's who it's going to be.

With the opening paragraph cut off it reads as if it's Morrissey and David "Showie" working together.

The article is not cached nor has it been reposted anywhere. It must've been pulled quick!

Recording in a studio with a (presumably very expensive) producer, American tour dates - who's paying for all this? Has he managed to get a record deal?

They were filming a session in Temple Bar (Sun Studios I think) for a new MTV show.
Studio In Session will be shown later this year or early next.

Last edited:
I really hope that the reports of a completed album are untrue. If there was ever six months of his life which he could draw musical inspiration from, it would be these last six. Between his breakup/breakdown with his fans and fan base, and the events in Norway and England, there is ample material to mine.

Bottomline, I really hope he has been writing.

I saw this too, seems a bit of an odd thing to make up only to delete straight away.

If it's true, it's a bit...obvious. Sure, a Ringleader II would be great but it'd be nice to have someone else after Finn-Visconti-Finn-Visconti. Still, looking forward to it immensly!!

That would explain why he said he was no longer interested in a record deal. He must've had one.

It's a new show where an artist films a session with a favourite producer. Nothing to do with recording an album. Can you read?

Morrissey is old, sells relatively few records, probably only has one album left in him (and the few songs we have heard from that are generally poor efforts) and has made a lot of dubious comments in recent years - looking at it from a record company perspective, why would anyone want to sign him?
The only "money-spinner" I can see would be a farewell album and tour, but even then who (apart from the swine who frequent this site) is going to be interested?
Even if there is some interest, it'd be wise on their part to wait and see if his autobiography surfaces and what the reaction to it is.

morrissey isn't signed to a record label so i'm guessing it's morrissey doing guest vocals on bowie's next album... i doubt morrissey could or would afford to record his own album.

morrissey isn't signed to a record label so i'm guessing it's morrissey doing guest vocals on bowie's next album... i doubt morrissey could or would afford to record his own album.

Guess again, but first read the answer which is clearly written above!

It's a new show where an artist films a session with a favourite producer. Nothing to do with recording an album. Can you read?

Sounds very interesting. Where did you hear about this? Has there been any word on what song or songs are being recorded.

They were filming a session in Temple Bar (Sun Studios I think) for a new MTV show.
Studio In Session will be shown later this year or early next.

Thanks. The AYNIM site says this :via twitterer Theo C. Cupier
"Morrissey has filmed a session with producer Tony Visconti for broadcast by MTV. Studio Session will be shown later this year or early next''

Feel quite disappointed. But it would be great if he recorded Art Hounds at the session.

Thanks. The AYNIM site says this :via twitterer Theo C. Cupier
"Morrissey has filmed a session with producer Tony Visconti for broadcast by MTV. Studio Session will be shown later this year or early next''

Feel quite disappointed. But it would be great if he recorded Art Hounds at the session.

I think Art-Hounds would be a great fit with Visconti.

I wonder if this is why they suddenly played it once in concert.

Morrissey is old, sells relatively few records, probably only has one album left in him (and the few songs we have heard from that are generally poor efforts) and has made a lot of dubious comments in recent years - looking at it from a record company perspective, why would anyone want to sign him?
The only "money-spinner" I can see would be a farewell album and tour, but even then who (apart from the swine who frequent this site) is going to be interested?
Even if there is some interest, it'd be wise on their part to wait and see if his autobiography surfaces and what the reaction to it is.

And that makes you...??? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom