Morrissey in the Harrogate Arms - The Stray Ferret (March 31, 2023)

Excerpt:

Former Smiths frontman turned solo artist Morrissey was spotted out in Harrogate last night.

The singer-songwriter enjoyed a couple of pints in the Harrogate Arms pub and was happy to pose for photos with a handful of fellow drinkers who recognised him.

Chris Russell, who runs Zombie Clothing in Knaresborough, happened to be in the pub at the time and was surprised to see someone so famous.

He said:

“I was just having a beer and he was gracious enough to pose for a pic.”
The visit was also a surprise to staff at the pub. Manager Pete Murphy said:

“We only had four or five tables in, so it wasn’t busy, but a few people recognised him and had photos with him.
“We get the odd Leeds player in, but that’s the first singer I’ve seen. I’ve been running the pub just over a year now.”

full

Last edited by a moderator:
As others have mentioned, it's just so wonderful to see him out and about looking reasonably happy, as happy as one can be in this life. I always love to see him when he's without security and is just being a regular person.

I hope these photos mean we have many more years with him yet - there is nothing else like a M gig - NOTHING. For as long as he plays live, I'll be first in line to throw my dosh at him!

I wonder who he was with? I can't imagine going to the pub alone is too much fun. Sam? Damon? Hmm... I'm just being nosy now...

As others have mentioned, it's just so wonderful to see him out and about looking reasonably happy, as happy as one can be in this life. I always love to see him when he's without security and is just being a regular person.

I hope these photos mean we have many more years with him yet - there is nothing else like a M gig - NOTHING. For as long as he plays live, I'll be first in line to throw my dosh at him!

I wonder who he was with? I can't imagine going to the pub alone is too much fun. Sam? Damon? Hmm... I'm just being nosy now...

I'm wondering why he was in Harrogate?

Looks like an Omega Seamaster (Nothing overtly flash or expensive), not sure on the other items

£6500 isn’t an overly expensive watch? Scooter gangs would have been down there quicker than moz fans if the photos had gone out in real time.

Good question. There must be some reason.

IMO, just to relax and maybe go to Billy Ocean show the next day.

£6500 isn’t an overly expensive watch? Scooter gangs would have been down there quicker than moz fans if the photos had gone out in real time.
I meant in comparison to what most others in his position would wear, you see musicians, actors, sportsmen etc... often with 50k+ on their wrists, usually they're hideous too and ultimately "look at me". I love the fact that the omega is a nice well engineered time piece that is quite subtle.

On a side note, I work alongside a few lads on building sites wearing similar and higher priced watches, crazy to be jobbing about wearing such things, but each to their own.

I expect Damon is just out of shot, flexing his muscles.

What muscles would those be exactly? The ones he cultivated from carting M's teapot and flares around the globe? 😆

I think if I had been given the opportunity of being his skivvy I would be majorly conflicted; I adore the man, but I despise being told what to do. Could his sparkling company override this aversion to being under orders? Maybe, just maybe.

Edit: I've changed my mind again... It ABSOLUTELY would be worth it. Who am I kidding!?

Last edited:
I guess it's really cool when people like Morrissey come to your place of entertainment. I wouldn't be surprised if the pub manager put this photo on the wall of the honored guests.

Who says "will take a picture with me on the stairs"??? Nice of Morrissey to oblige. I guess the Manics singer finds himself a bit of a celebrity.

What muscles would those be exactly? The ones he cultivated from carting M's teapot and flares around the globe? 😆

I think if I had been given the opportunity of being his skivvy I would be majorly conflicted; I adore the man, but I despise being told what to do. Could his sparkling company override this aversion to being under orders? Maybe, just maybe.

Edit: I've changed my mind again... It ABSOLUTELY would be worth it. Who am I kidding!?
I'm sure that he's so much fun to be with.

I'm sure that he's so much fun to be with.

I concur, but I think you would need thick skin because he seems to have what I call "truth tourettes", and you're probably going to hear some home truths that you don't particularly like.

The almost constant sarcasm seems like some sort of defence mechanism, but I have always wondered what he would think/do if you replied back to him sardonically, too. I get the feeling he wouldn't like it very much.

It's like when precious got up on stage. I would be fairly mortified if I asked for a hug and he said what he did.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom