Morrissey in Manchester Arena 20.08.16 by SER (video footage, clips, 1:09)

:love: I've just watched some parts of the video and I really loved it. Now I'm working but I can't wait to watch the complete vid. :popcorn:
Morrissey in great form. Such a hot man!! :p

Thanks a lot...

for all the crtitics about footage, as Action wrote, you get a concert for free on youtube...don't complain if you were there and had a ticket.

OUT!

Thank you.
Ryan too.
I've read somewhere he tried it but doesn't like it.
If the monitor sound is so close to his ears he can't hear what the public is shouting.
He still wants to hear what is being said an have the option to make a comment.
I like it that he still is trying to communicate with his audience and more or less, ignores the insults, ahem.

http://www.fohonline.com/home/21-production-profile/13321-morrissey-peace-by-piece.html

Although IEM systems have been suggested from time to time, King points out that Moz strictly prefers the hardwired mic and wedges combination. “He really likes to feel the crowd and room—especially in these beautiful old venues — so in-ears, when suggested, have always gotten the thumbs down."

Watched it all.
Great show! Great footage!
Thanks Sam,
And uncle Steven off course. ;)
Without whom (permission) etc. etc. we would not be able to see this.
If he is such a money grabbing monster would he allow it to be as easy available? :confused:
Just saying :thumb:

When there is virtually zero demand, yes.

25Live flopped.

When there is virtually zero demand, yes.

25Live flopped.

But if you are a money grabbing monster you are at all times and you don't give this away for free, not even to your biggest fans.
You would squeeze the money out of them, wouldn't you?
I think it is a nice gift to his fans which shows his appreciation.

But if you are a money grabbing monster you are at all times and you don't give this away for free, not even to your biggest fans.
You would squeeze the money out of them, wouldn't you?
I think it is a nice gift to his fans which shows his appreciation.

maybe a video where we dont have to watch his back for the duration would have been nicer.

Looks great, only watched the first 5 minutes as wanting to enjoy it on a big screen with a beer, reminds me of "Show" by The Cure which is unfortunately only available on vhs, it's still wonderful though
SHOW by The Cure is an excellent concert. I'm still amazed it's not on DVD/BLURAY. Same for 'In Orange'.

If nothing else, this video means that the snub to the late David Bowie can now be seen in all its graceless rancour and spiteful premeditation. It is quite evident that the names of the other departed luminaries - especially Prince - are being cited simply to provide Morrissey with an opportunity to vent his unspeakable contempt for DB, whom he clearly feels did not die "too soon". The accompanying projection of Lady Stardust is sadly exploited as the distasteful icing on this poisonous cake. Darkness and disgrace indeed.

If nothing else, this video means that the snub to the late David Bowie can now be seen in all its graceless rancour and spiteful premeditation. It is quite evident that the names of the other departed luminaries - especially Prince - are being cited simply to provide Morrissey with an opportunity to vent his unspeakable contempt for DB, whom he clearly feels did not die "too soon". The accompanying projection of Lady Stardust is sadly exploited as the distasteful icing on this poisonous cake. Darkness and disgrace indeed.

I thought the same thing, the only reason for the recitation was to snub Bowie, reason enough to have included in Sammys video. Moz probably this bit had to be included. More petty from the King of Pettiness.

No. To snub you. And others with the same opinion.
Well, he succeeded quite nicely. He got your attention.
Bowie did not care, doesn't care or can't care anymore. Makes no difference.
Moz doesn't care either if people think he hates Bowie.

Great video, thanks to whoever filmed & uploaded it, was there near the front, can see me a few times! I love the angle, it gives you an idea of Morrissey's view, must be quite daunting to sing to an audience of that size, and I do think he does get nervous, maybe why he is so much better in smaller venues. The gig itself was say 6 out of 10, in my opinion, that is going off around the 20 or so I have seen before, but to me the greatest thing was that it was packed, and he deserves that. The set is as always, so it would seem, not good enough, considering the songs he could sing, and it really ruins Speedway having the last, most important bit sung by the keyboard player. Overall though, a good night, so glad I was there, hope he returns to Manchester, think he's played all the venues in Manchester, bar the Academy, as far as I know?, the Apollo next please Mozzer!

No mention of Lemmy either, f*** Bowie!!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom