Morrissey in Los Angeles New Year's Eve promo poster; US dates on sale Oct. 23 - Morrissey Official

Mike sends the link to the post on the Morrissey Official Facebook page:

The time is NOW.

MORRISSEY's FIRST EVER NEW YEAR'S EVE CONCERT will take place this year in Los Angeles.

This very special performance will be accompanied by MORRISSEY's return to SAN FRANCISCO and LAS VEGAS.

The dates are as follows:
Dec 29 - San Francisco - The Masonic
Dec 31 - Los Angeles - Galen Center at USC
Jan 2 - Las Vegas - The Joint

All shows go on sale THIS FRIDAY, OCTOBER 23.

galen_center_promo.jpg

Related item:

I takes a special kind of foolishness to be at any kind of public event on New Years Eve. The extra foolishness here is the show will be over about 11:25 and you will be cast out into a really nasty area of Los Angeles on the worst night imaginable for robbery, assault and hate crimes.

This is why I booked a room at the Vagabond Inn, practically right next to the venue. I assume it will be crawling with Moz fans, as some websites already show the hotel as sold out for that night. Why else would someone book a room in this part of LA on NYE?

So? The real question is: Why is it so important who is running it? I don't care one bit about it to be honest.

It's because Morrissey took the time to publicly (on True-to-you) say it was not him, or his camp.. that they had nothing to do with it. Yet there are posts almost daily about upcoming shows and now, announcements about new shows. It doesn't keep me up at night, it's just come on... someone is updating it.. and it's not hurting Moz. He always cuts ties (like he did with Twitter) and then gripes about how he is not at the forefront. I still think he should have sold WPINOYB CD and LPs at his shows the last few years. I think he should do a Pledge Music (or similar) to get his latest album recorded. Just another way that he is arm lengthening us.

Um... sort of. The "New Year's Eve" shows I have been to always end well before midnight.

really the ones ive attended dont as they sell more at the bar when midnight strikes but i guess different acts venues do different things

FYI - SF pre-sale was a breeze to get a standing ticket. Live nation password is PIANO

Galen password is MOZISCROCKED, I mean KROQMOZ.

It says the presale is tomorrow for this show in LA. Does anyone know what the presale password is?

kiss me a lot would make sense for the midnight song followed by tomorrow

but who want's to make sense !?

...MAY THE NEW YEAR BE... A SWEET SIXTEEN STITCHES AROUND EVERY ONES HEAD !

...and those two songs bringing in the new year will be? ..... Well,you have your choice: either
'kiss me a lot' & 'First of the gang' or.... 'Hand that rocks the cradle' & 'jeane' . You have your pick... now
choose wisely. ;)

I pick two covers.
"Hello" by Adele, quickly followed by "Suicide Is Painless." (with "You Should Of Been Noice To Me" intro.)

...Save the date, T. ...Gonna be one hell of a party. :D

I pick two covers.
"Hello" by Adele, quickly followed by "Suicide Is Painless." (with "You Should Of Been Noice To Me" intro.)

...Save the date, T. ...Gonna be one hell of a party. :D

Sorry, But those weren't two of the choices. Next....

- - - Updated - - -

no need to panic.. its not going to be sold out.

and what else do you see in your crystal ball ? ....

LA and LV tickets, so excited. I hope it isn't true he plans on stop touring after LV. I am sure he needs and good rest and who knows, maybe will find a love interest? We will miss him so much if he doesn't tour again .love you Mozzer

and what else do you see in your crystal ball ? ....

Weeell I see that the day when Morrissey realizes he doesn't need to sublimate the guilt he feels about his sexual orientation and turn into it impossible romances that end in car crashes nobody buys into, that day, the day of his freedom, the day he forgives himself and therefore stops annoying everybody else, is nigher than yesterday.

- Oh sorry you were talking to the OTHER anonymous! :)

If you live in CA and Vegas, you will be seeing Morrissey concerts until he can't be wheeled out on stage anymore in his custom made Mercedes C-Class black scooter. You people are really stupid. Anonymous-

Last edited:
Weeell I see that the day when Morrissey realizes he doesn't need to sublimate the guilt he feels about his sexual orientation and turn into it impossible romances that end in car crashes nobody buys into, that day, the day of his freedom, the day he forgives himself and therefore stops annoying everybody else, is nigher than yesterday.

- Oh sorry you were talking to the OTHER anonymous! :)

bah anon ! ...plenty of people bought 'There is a light' ... just like YOU.

This is why I booked a room at the Vagabond Inn, practically right next to the venue. I assume it will be crawling with Moz fans, as some websites already show the hotel as sold out for that night. Why else would someone book a room in this part of LA on NYE?

i just booked vagabond at 2 am sunday for the 30th and 31st, and it still isn't sold out. but the remaining room rates are getting higher. there are a few other places within 2 miles that have vacancies, but the rates are higher except for a couple hostels. be sure to look for me. i'll be the one wearing a morrissey shirt. LOL hope to see all fans there! maybe someone will plan a meet-up the day before the show and/or the day of!

bah anon ! ...plenty of people bought 'There is a light' ... just like YOU.

Just because I capitalized you doesn't mean you have to capitalize ME. :) Buddha would tell us to stop fooling around with capital letters. :)

Back
Top Bottom