Morrissey in Los Angeles New Year's Eve promo poster; US dates on sale Oct. 23 - Morrissey Official

Mike sends the link to the post on the Morrissey Official Facebook page:

The time is NOW.

MORRISSEY's FIRST EVER NEW YEAR'S EVE CONCERT will take place this year in Los Angeles.

This very special performance will be accompanied by MORRISSEY's return to SAN FRANCISCO and LAS VEGAS.

The dates are as follows:
Dec 29 - San Francisco - The Masonic
Dec 31 - Los Angeles - Galen Center at USC
Jan 2 - Las Vegas - The Joint

All shows go on sale THIS FRIDAY, OCTOBER 23.

galen_center_promo.jpg

Related item:

The page runner is not posing as Morrissey, it's just a representative presence on Facebook. And it's certainly plausible that someone in his employ is updating the page, especially considering it has shared accurate tour news before it appeared on TTY or elsewhere (such as information on opening bands for the US leg of the tour earlier this year). It seems unlikely that the page is operated by a rogue Morrissey fan given the content of some of its posts.

I wouldn't be surprised if it were Sam, considering how often his videos get posted there.

I think it's increasingly likely that the officially unofficial 'Morrissey Official' Facebook page is run by Sam Esty Rayner, who obviously has the inside track on all upcoming news.

Sam just posted the same poster image on his personal facebook page, linking it to the 'Morrissey Official' facebook page, with the words: "Morrissey using my live photo of him for NYE concert promo".

The page runner is not posing as Morrissey, it's just a representative presence on Facebook. And it's certainly plausible that someone in his employ is updating the page, especially considering it has shared accurate tour news before it appeared on TTY or elsewhere (such as information on opening bands for the US leg of the tour earlier this year). It seems unlikely that the page is operated by a rogue Morrissey fan given the content of some of its posts.

I wouldn't be surprised if it were Sam, considering how often his videos get posted there.
To add to the above:

So, this Facebook page that supposedly has no connection to Morrissey whatsoever somehow managed the exclusive debut of a concert poster that just so happens to feature Sam's photo and is being touted as official. Hmm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonder if there is something more to this? New Year's Eve in one of his favourite places, could be the night he announces its all over.

He's following an italian mot: "Whatever you' re doing on New Year's Eve you'll do it for all New Year long" enjoying it!

To add to the above:

So, this Facebook page that supposedly has no connection to Morrissey whatsoever somehow managed the exclusive debut of a concert poster that just so happens to feature Sam's photo and is being touted as official. Hmm.

So? The real question is: Why is it so important who is running it? I don't care one bit about it to be honest.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually really like the photo and the poster.

Still can't get over the fact I will be spending New Year'S WITH MORRISSEY!

San Francisco Ticket Prices:
US $59.50 - US $95.00
I'm assuming the floor area would be $95.00

LA NYE Ticket Prices:
Ticket Prices and Sections (Limit 8 tickets per customer):
General Admission Floor Seats - $129.50
Reserved Lower Level Sides - $129.50 (Sections 103-106 and 114-117)
Reserved Lower Corners - $79.50 (Sections 107-113)
Reserved Upper Level - $59.50 (Sections 204-219)
Reserved Upper Level Top - $39.50 (Sections 209-213 Rows 12+)

Last edited:
So on the Galon Center website it claims 8pm doors, 9:30pm show. The show these days includes the videos. So, if timing is similar to other concerts, that means Moz comes on at 10:15/10:30.

Point is - I am wondering if Moz intends to actually be on stage at midnight. Seems he just might.

My prediction is they will finish the main set at 11:55 and go off-stage, there will be some sort of countdown in the arena, then Moz and band will reappear at 12:01 for a two-song encore.

Given this [predicted] scenario, what would be the appropriate songs? Granted, it will likely be something he's had in the rotation over the last two years (or will have been added in South America), but just for fun:

Tomorrow (last song of main set - makes sense given the timing)
------
Still Ill (b/c nothing's really changed, right?)
There is A Light That Never Goes Out (send 'em home happy with a NYE singalong)

Last edited:
...and those two songs bringing in the new year will be? ..... Well,you have your choice: either
'kiss me a lot' & 'First of the gang' or.... 'Hand that rocks the cradle' & 'jeane' . You have your pick... now
choose wisely. ;)

I was actually updating my original post with this as you replied :thumb::

Given this [predicted] scenario, what would be the appropriate songs? Granted, it will likely be something he's had in the rotation over the last two years (or will have been added in South America), but just for fun:

Tomorrow (last song of main set - makes sense given the timing)
------
Still Ill (b/c nothing's really changed, right?)
There is A Light That Never Goes Out (send 'em home happy with a NYE singalong)

kiss me a lot would make sense for the midnight song followed by tomorrow

I takes a special kind of foolishness to be at any kind of public event on New Years Eve. The extra foolishness here is the show will be over about 11:25 and you will be cast out into a really nasty area of Los Angeles on the worst night imaginable for robbery, assault and hate crimes.

you should stay indoors then like the hermit that you are lmao

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom