Morrissey in Linder's monograph

I didn't scan:

page 2 - text only

page 3 - text + 3 black and white pics of these Linder's sleeves for Morrissey's singles:

ytofmf-uk7-1.jpg
cpikpromo.gif
bwd-ukpr.jpg

Last edited:
"...I was 17, and biologically inferior to everyone else. Linder was a bit older, with terrifying hair." ... "In time a tale will be told."

Could 'Reel Around the Fountain" be about Linder?

"...I was 17, and biologically inferior to everyone else. Linder was a bit older, with terrifying hair." ... "In time a tale will be told."

Could 'Reel Around the Fountain" be about Linder?

excactly what i though!

excactly what i though!

It sounds like he's saying she took his virginity.. if you intepret Reel around the Fountain into it as well. Which would be interesting.....:p

Thank you very much nightandday. Those pictures and the paragraphs are incomparable. Morrissey and Linder are two in a million. Their friendship is very special and truly admireable.

It sounds like he's saying she took his virginity.. if you intepret Reel around the Fountain into it as well. Which would be interesting.....:p
Well, we know she didn't, at least not literally. Didn't you forget that he said he lost it at 12/13? :eek: :eek:

By popular demand, I've scanned the page with Morrissey's postcard a few of the pages from the monograph. I don't have a scanner, but I had them scanned... I thought of scanning all 8 pages of Morrissey's essay, but scanning of every page costs!! so I decided not to scan the pages that contain only text, or text and pictures that are already widely available. The original scans are really huge (about 2000 x 2000 pixels), these are the re-sized versions. So, here is:

page 1 - title, Morrissey's postcard

the tag on page 2:

Morrissey, correspondence, 2000
Photograph and marker pen

linderworks_s_moz1.jpg

Thats quality, quintessentially Moz!

Well, we know she didn't, at least not literally. Didn't you forget that he said he lost it at 12/13? :eek: :eek:

I never believed that, I always thought he just made it up to avoid giving the real answer or to be flippant. I don't trust him on the issue of virginity lol - he's claimed to have been 13, and then he did an interview in his 20's saying he was a virgin. (Linder mentioned the interview in the IOBM?). Bizarre...

I never believed that, I always thought he just made it up to avoid giving the real answer or to be flippant. I don't trust him on the issue of virginity lol - he's claimed to have been 13, and then he did an interview in his 20's saying he was a virgin. (Linder mentioned the interview in the IOBM?). Bizarre...

I can't remember the quote but I think when he was asked if he was a virgin he said 'in a profund way' which doesnt neccessaryily mean in a physical way :rolleyes: Plus I think it was in a diary of his that his father had that he wrote he lost his virginity at 12/13 (it is possible I have picked that thought out of nowhere :o )

Thanks a million night and day for all the scanning :) Linder really is fascinating and everything I see of hers or whatever other people say of her is always so different. I wish Ludus had been more popular but her art and photographs are brilliant too

I didn't scan pages 7 and 8.

page 7 is a this photo of Morrissey, with the tag

Morrissey, West Hollywood
Photograph

lazysunbathermoz.jpg

and page 8 is just text.
Sorry for that stupid question, but there is a hole in his ear. Did Moz wear an earring?

I remember him once being asked "When did you lose your virginity" and he said "I wasn't aware I had". :confused:

on the issue of Morrissey's virginity... ;p

I can't remember the quote but I think when he was asked if he was a virgin he said 'in a profund way' which doesnt neccessaryily mean in a physical way :rolleyes: Plus I think it was in a diary of his that his father had that he wrote he lost his virginity at 12/13 (it is possible I have picked that thought out of nowhere :o )
I remember him once being asked "When did you lose your virginity" and he said "I wasn't aware I had". :confused:
Eh, you mean claimed to have lost his virginity at 13 to avoid the 'real' answer?! :confused: Why would anyone do that? This is the interview where he said it:

i-D, October 1987
http://foreverill.com/interviews/1987/mrsmith.htm

"When did you lose your virginity?

I've never been asked this. Actually it was in my early teens, 12 or 13. But it was an isolated incident, an accident. After that it was downhill. I've got no pleasant memories from it whatsoever."

But it was actually not the first time he was asked that. The first time an interviewer asked him that question was 3 years earlier:

The Face, July 1984
http://foreverill.com/interviews/1984/mozface.htm

"When did you lose your virginity?

I wasn't aware that I had.

So, is virginity a state of mind?

Well (chuckling) let's just say that you helped me out of that one."

Hmm, I would say that one sounded like trying to avoid answering? ;-) And obviously, that was the interview J.K.Rowling was referring to in "The Importance Of Being Morrissey"...not Linder.

This interview that he'd given 3 months before that one doesn't seem to imply that he was a virgin:

Melody Maker, March 3, 1984
http://foreverill.com/interviews/1984/mm84.htm

"Or maybe Morrissey was simply frightened by the kind of physical involvement, frightened by sex, the sweat and tears, ecstasy being more easily imagined than achieved by effort or technique, and celibacy was a state of mind and body that evaded responsibility to another person.
"It's not really fear," he replied. "I just don't really have a tremendously strong belief that relationships can work. I'm really quite convinced that they don't. And, if they do, it's really quite terribly brief and sporadic. It's just something, really, that I eradicated from my life quite a few years ago and I saw things more clearly afterwards.
"I always found it particularly unenjoyable," Morrissey says of sex. "But that again is something that's totally associated with my past and the particular views I have. I wouldn't stand on a box and say, 'Look, this is he way to do it, break off that relationship at once.'
"But, for me, it was the right decision. And it's one that I stand by and I'm not ashamed or embarrassed by. It was simply provoked by a series of very blunt and thankfully brief and horrendous experiences that made me decide upon abstaining and it seems quite an easy natural decision." "

In the Earsay interview, 1984, he also mentioned his 'few experiences' that made him lose faith in love/relationships.

Christine must be referring to the quote from from Morrissey'e diary in "Severed Alliance". (Yes, I suppose if Johnny Rogan had really read it, it must have been Morrissey's father who gave it to him, who else could?) He allegedly wrote in November 1976, at the age of 17: "I don't have sex much... I can almost count the number of times" (!!!)

Last edited:
Also, by popular demand: the pages with the pictures (probably screen stills?) from the Ludus concert in Hacienda 1982. Strange makeup...and even stranger light.

linderworks_s_ludus1.jpg

linderworks_s_ludus2.jpg

linderworks_s_ludus3.jpg

my god i adore linder. she is so beautiful! i didn't know she had organge-ish red hair back in the day.'
are there any more of pics in the book of her from back then??? cause im thinking of spending 40 bucks on getting tyhe book

Back
Top Bottom