MORRISSEY IN ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY

J

Jamie

On page 65 of the newest EW (#747/748), you will find our own dear Moz. They've previewed "You Are The Quarry" in their "Guide to 2004." There's even a pic from the RAH shows in 2002.

Here's the write-up:

"With '80s alt-rock deities like the Cure surfacing as key influences on today's trendiest bands, now is a great time for Morrissey to reclaim his throne. Too bad mope-rock's maudlin master wants no part of it.

"I don't feel of the '80s," he says. "Or of [anytime] else."

On his first CD in seven years, You Are the Quarry, the former Smiths frontman tapped producer Jerry Finn (blink-182, Green Day) for what Morrissey describes as a "richer, more listenable" album with "lots more hooks." And the song titles look promising: "America Is Not the World" and "The World Is Full of Crashing Bores" suggest that the Brit hasn't lost his biting wit. Noticeably missing, however, are collaborations with any of his many young musician fans.

"I'm not the kind of person you jam with," says the famously antisocial singer. "I still stand alone. Which is to everyone's benefit, I think." (April)

They hit on a lot of the Morrissey cliches pretty hard but this is very good exposure in the mainstream.

Shame about Halle Berry in her shit Catwoman costume on the cover...

Cheers,

Jamie

That's a great scoop (and deserves front-page coverage)! Thanks so much!

Thanks.

I like the way that piece was worded.

You scooped the Main Page & the other roving reporters!

Impressive.

Mrrissey associated with a Hollywood Underground Satanic Cult?

Are the rumors true?

nope, just more lies

No, I attend that cults' meetings every Friday night at McDonalds on Hollywood & Highland. And I can tell you, Morrissey is definitely not a member.

Thanks for your query though.

And by the way, you are welcome to join us at MickeyD's anytime you like, but to become a fully flogged member you must eat a live bat, say Bloody Mary in the mirror 100 times in the dark, pray to The Great Pumpkin, watch every Tim Burton film at least once a week, learn to levitate & ride a broom, and generally engage in certain activities of the "occult" including reading all the Harry Potter Books.

Goodnight!

No, he's never attended one of our meetings!

pic139265.jpg

>> Noticeably missing, however, are collaborations with any of his many young
> musician fans.

Good point!

> "I'm not the kind of person you jam with," says the famously
> antisocial singer. "I still stand alone. Which is to everyone's
> benefit, I think." (April)

What about the band, man?

Back
Top Bottom