Morrissey Central "MORRISSEY IN CONCERT" - U.K. & Ireland Dates & Venues (June 12, 2022)

Billy_Halop_Raw_4_i4brr1.png

MORRISSEY IN CONCERT

Saturday 24 September
KILLARNEY Gleneagles INEC Arena (Ireland)

Wednesday 28 September
BLACKPOOL Opera House

Friday 30 September
DONCASTER Dome

Sunday 2 October
GLASGOW SEC Armadillo

Tuesday 4 October
MANCHESTER Apollo

Wednesday 5 October
BIRMINGHAM 02 Academy

Friday 7 October
STOCKTON Globe

Sunday 9 October
LONDON Coliseum

Tuesday 11 October
LONDON Brixton Academy

Friday 14 October
BRIGHTON Center

0_copy_15_pkmocc.jpg

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Translation:

Morrissey is often unreliable, prone to real and imagined maladies and has no concern for 'fans' who trek to the arse if the world to see him. If he's having a bad hair day or otherwise 'not feeling it' he may feign illness to see if he can escape his obligations. He's obliquely admitted this . On occasions it appears genuine, like the bronchitis bout that banjaxed his stint as support act to David Bowie. Other times, it seems dubious reasons are used.

Nobody is forced to make expensive plans to see a C List entertainer. He mostly plays in venues located in urban areas where other distractions from the tedium of Existence are available if he cancels an hour before showtime. A blockbuster Hollywood film, a restaurant to try or sexual services to purchase or receive gratis via hook-up apps. Isn't it about time Morrissey wrote another song about 'that kind of thing '? I mean, 'Wide To Receive' is pretty much the most hilarious the Power Bottom handle I've ever seen. Maybe he's versatile. Or celibate again. Who coukd possibly care? The original cover of 'Maladj' looks like he's sitting on a butt plug...

'People jumping the gun, before dates & venues are secured. Anyway, things can even change day of the show….'

Translation:

Morrissey is often unreliable, prone to real and imagined maladies and has no concern for 'fans' who trek to the arse of the world to see him. If he's having a bad hair day or otherwise 'not feeling it' he may feign illness to see if he can escape his obligations. He's obliquely admitted this . On occasions it appears genuine, like the bronchitis bout that banjaxed his stint as support act to David Bowie. Other times, it seems dubious reasons are used.

Nobody is forced to make expensive plans to see a C List entertainer. He mostly plays in venues located in urban areas where other distractions from the tedium of Existence are available if he cancels an hour before showtime. A blockbuster Hollywood film, a restaurant to try or sexual services to purchase or receive gratis via hook-up apps. Isn't it about time Morrissey wrote another song about 'that kind of thing '? I mean, 'Wide To Receive' is pretty much the most hilarious Power Bottom handle I've ever seen. Maybe he's versatile. Or celibate again. Who could possibly care? The original cover of 'Maladjusted' looks like he's sitting on a butt plug...no wonder he nixed it for the repackage-reissue. An entirely silly album.

BB
Bare
Morecambe Bay
England

why the double post? are you alright?

Does anyone know about the original context of the excellent promotional photo? Elliot Smith wears a Motörhead t-shirt in the background as a pair of teenaged lesbians kiss beneath a smirking Pakistani “bro” with a Fu Manchu hoisting a Morrissey banner. Normally I would suspect the hand of the idiot nephew, but this one is good enough to wonder whether Morrissey himself might finally have gotten acquainted with the photoshop software.
It’s excellent. I was wondering the story behind it too.

No…I’ve seen Moz, Bjork and RATM there, I think there are much better Manchester venues. He could have done two nights at the Albert Hall for example…
Is your avatar circa Interesting Drug? I don't believe I've ever seen that pic before?

Is your avatar circa Interesting Drug? I don't believe I've ever seen that pic before?
Marred, forgive me jumping in….with those deep, deep side burns that almost go to the corners of his mouth, plus the heavier, more polished hair on top with the close fade at the bottom makes me think it’s ‘92-’93. He didn’t have chops that beautifully cut pre Kill Uncle. He had the chops circa Kill Uncle but the hair on top was not as full. Interesting Drug era he had a much higher fade and less on top.

Circa ‘89 to SouthPaw Grammar pics….that man had some absolutely beautiful hair.

Again, sorry for butting in, just thought it was an interesting question…(actually, your question had nothing to do with his hair….wow, I completely derailed that. :blushing:)

View attachment 82054

MORRISSEY IN CONCERT

Saturday 24 September
KILLARNEY Gleneagles INEC Arena (Ireland)

Wednesday 28 September
BLACKPOOL Opera House

Friday 30 September
DONCASTER Dome

Sunday 2 October
GLASGOW SEC Armadillo

Tuesday 4 October
MANCHESTER Apollo

Wednesday 5 October
BIRMINGHAM 02 Academy

Friday 7 October
STOCKTON Globe

Sunday 9 October
LONDON Coliseum

Tuesday 11 October
LONDON Brixton Academy

Friday 14 October
BRIGHTON Center

View attachment 82053

Media item:
Where and when can I get tickets?
PJ Dublin

Marred, forgive me jumping in….with those deep, deep side burns that almost go to the corners of his mouth, plus the heavier, more polished hair on top with the close fade at the bottom makes me think it’s ‘92-’93. He didn’t have chops that beautifully cut pre Kill Uncle. He had the chops circa Kill Uncle but the hair on top was not as full. Interesting Drug era he had a much higher fade and less on top.

Circa ‘89 to SouthPaw Grammar pics….that man had some absolutely beautiful hair.

Again, sorry for butting in, just thought it was an interesting question…(actually, your question had nothing to do with his hair….wow, I completely derailed that. :blushing:)
No worries at all. The angle on the photo just reminded me of Interesting Drug which fooled me. That was a haircut you could set your watch to ;)
Probably the best sleeve he ever did too.

1655422722050.png

You're right though re 89 to SPG. Maladjusted hair was a little off.

No…I’ve seen Moz, Bjork and RATM there, I think there are much better Manchester venues. He could have done two nights at the Albert Hall for example…
I mentioned that. Maybe next time.
Hazard.

I'm planning on making the journey from the US. Any recommendations on venue preference? 1st time in the UK. EXCITED!!

I'm planning on making the journey from the US. Any recommendations on venue preference? 1st time in the UK. EXCITED!!
probably the paladium in london just for its history and grandness,plus its location.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom