Morrissey in Brisbane, 2009

gonzo

I couldn't believe Moz has lined up concerts in Australia and also Brisbane, the city where I've lived for the past 6 years (I'm a pom). The last time he was over here was 2002 and he skipped Brisbane, apart from doing a festival here which I couldn't make it to. The last time I saw him was his Oye Esteban tour in Leeds, so am very excited!

Just two questions:

1. Do you think he has a large(ish) base of fans in Brisbane? Is anyone on this forum from Brissy and planning to go?

2. Where do you think the concert is booked for? My guess (and strong hope) is that it's the Tivoli, which is probably about the right size and is such a great venue.

I'm a little worried about the cost though - am expecting it to be in the $90 range as Gary Numan (!) is playing at the Tiv next year and tickets are around that price.

Hey Gonzo Im from Brisbane and definatley planning to go.
Im thinking the Tivoli as well , great venue and would suit very well indeed. Its looking like the dates could be pushed back a bit though to allow for the US tour that precedes the Aussie one.

I saw the Enmore show in 2002..top 3 shows of my life so far behind Us in Brisbane during 1993 and Bowie in Dublin late 2003. I will be going to all the Oz shows so anyone who wants to join me feel free :)

Nice to see some other Brissy fans here.

I am from Sydney but I did see that festival in 2002 in Brisbane and it's hard to see from the crowd what the size would be because of the festival crowd but everyone seemed to be having a great time including me and I'll always remember the Gallagher brothers grooving away in the wings to "I want the one I can't have". I may go to the Brisbane show too, not sure yet.

Back
Top Bottom