"Morrissey: I couldn't stand simplicity..." new interview with Ricky Lo, The Philippine Star

A Facebook friend who knows my Morrissey obsession forwarded me this article from the current edition of The Philippine Star Online Newspaper.

It's a new email interview with Morrissey in the "Funfare with Ricky Lo" column, promoting Moz's May 13 concert in Manila. A brief, but great, read!

My personal favorite Morrrissey quote from the article:

:rolleyes:

"Morrissey: I couldn't stand simplicity..."

Excellent. Thanks.

P.

Uh oh. Deal breaker. I love eggs. :o

This is great. So many poignant observations - "I loved anyone at all who found life impossible to live [...] I thought most people got married and had kids only due to an astounding lack of imagination". The part about the singing voice "revealing" personal characteristics was very intriguing too.

I think he's telling a fib about never having tasted meat though - I'm pretty sure he said in the Smiths years that the only thing he missed about eating meat was bacon sandwiches!

Where is Lanchester? :p

A Facebook friend who knows my Morrissey obsession forwarded me this article from the current edition of The Philippine Star Online Newspaper.

It's a new email interview with Morrissey in the "Funfare with Ricky Lo" column, promoting Moz's May 13 concert in Manila. A brief, but great, read!

My personal favorite Morrrissey quote from the article:

"I’m constantly on the look-out for that singer who will rip me to shreds. Emotionally, of course. Not literally.”

:rolleyes:

"Morrissey: I couldn't stand simplicity..." - FUNFARE By Ricardo F. Lo, The Philippine Star

Last edited by a moderator:
Just popped in. Seems strange - so many idiots are on holiday lol !

This interview is full of humour. It just goes to show you all that Morrissey is a true legend but he is also a nice person contrary to what is posted from time to time by idiots naturally. Sure, he is a bloody genius. He is definately his own man too. What's wrong with that. But Morrissey is also full of humour, style, talent and integrity.

"Nasty people have nasty voices, and loving people have loving voices" - true.

A friend of a friend was listening to Lana Del Rey - Born To Die (Acoustic) Poolside at Chateau Marmont recently and said something similar (ref - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r08wfT8c8g4&feature=related I can't >really< say what they thought to lana del rey (with or without cosmetic surgery) because it was not directed in the direction of her VOICE. Which is sad.

Perhaps I should have told him to listen to Paloma Faith 'Do You Want the Truth or Something Beautiful' or to Nico's 'My Funny Valentine' which was so funny when it was relased that it makes the hairs stand up at the back of your neck during the introduction, never mind in the 1st verse and chorus. And then there is Ganglord and Let Me Kiss You and You Should Have Been Nice To Me. Lucious.

The next UK gig in 2012. I Just Wait. So much to look forward to.

Hazard

I don't know why he's so hard on James Dean Is Not Dead. I cherish that book. I guess there's no accounting for taste, but it touches on some fascinating ideas and it's really well written.

"Oh Lanchester, so much to answer for..."

Ruddy irriot!

I don't know why he's so hard on James Dean Is Not Dead. I cherish that book. I guess there's no accounting for taste, but it touches on some fascinating ideas and it's really well written.

& i sold a copy last year....
tumblr_m29wjaP4uw1rocy3qo1_r4_250.gif

Veganism here we come @ It took me a long time to give up eggs, but I managed it.

Coventry. UK

I saw The Smiths at Lanchester Polytechnic in 1984

JJ

Jukebox! Long time no see! :flowers:

They made a typo and said Moz was born there, but thanks for pointing out that is does in fact exist.

Miss you, hope you got good seats for MEN...oh wait. You're here in America now. Shit. Anyway, nice to hear from you. :sweet:

A friend of a friend was listening to Lana Del Rey - Born To Die (Acoustic) Poolside at Chateau Marmont recently and said something similar (ref - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r08wfT8c8g4&feature=related I can't >really< say what they thought to lana del rey (with or without cosmetic surgery) because it was not directed in the direction of her VOICE. Which is sad.

In the world of anagram, this lady has a very unfortunate first name.

Interesting to note he thinks cancer is an invention of human beings...

Back
Top Bottom