Morrissey Hot Press magazine interview out now

An anonymous person writes:

Issue is out just picked it up in Dublin - very good insightful interview; usual topics covered also says Jesse Tobias is one of the modern world's greatest guitarists...no confirmation on O2 date yet. Recent health issue was "acute fever" and needed a heroin based medication to stabilise him!

11956982_Web-Res-Morrissey-Cover-3814.jpg

INSIDE THE NEW HOT PRESS: MORRISSEY - Hot Press. Link posted by Uncleskinny
A world exclusive with the one and only Morrissey, plus Ryan Adams, Rankin, Eli Roth, John Slattery and more...

Excerpt:

Our ridiculously star-studded run of summer issues continues this fortnight. Gracing our cover this issue – and looking extremely cool we must say – is the icon that is Morrissey.
Always a bit wary of the press, the Mancunian star talks exclusively to Hot Press as his new album World Peace Is None Of Your Business kicks Mozzamania into gear.

On the agenda? Global politics, his new album, the Royal Family, Tony Blair, Brendan Behan, Bashar al-Assad and much more, while he opens up about his recent health issues for the first time.

UPDATE 3:26PM PT:

Scans (page 1, 2, 3, 4) posted by @_nowhere_fast_ / Twitter. Link posted by MozRecording, Chickpea.

Related media:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
This kinda bums me out to read about all the health problems. I'm just glad I never trivialized it, personally.

Me too. I think I did trivialize it though. I thought it was code. I need to stop.

The I'm not ever not sad part is pretty sad. See we all, I get sad to. It is a healing position to be in and humble you to the trivialities of life. But I can't help but think, if this is true, all the things, money, or governments change probably could not change this in him. Wtf is life for if you can't find some solace in the warm feelings of just feeling good, I love it. But I enjoy a good moment to be sad to I guess. It's a balance I suppose, mine just leans heavier toward the shits great side.

Last edited:
Not surprising. He's an enemy of the State. It's hard to name an opponent of the UK he does not support.

He's no different to that other plastic Paddy, Lord Haw Haw.

Don't wish to defend Morrissey's politics, but he's very different to LHH. Unlike Moz, the latter was extremely Unionist, and supported British forces in Ireland. (That's why he left for England).

Not sure what you mean by 'plastic Paddy', as I've never heard that term before.

Does it mean that people who are born to Irish parents who partly identify with their background are necessarily 'plastic' or false?

If so, the term doesn't make any sense. Does this apply to the children of all immigrants, or only those of Irish origin?

"Having met Pamela Anderson and Patrick Dempsey, well, they're both quite beautiful, and if at least one of them doesn't turn you on then you're probably dead."

Well, then, I suppose I'm dead! In a pinch I guess I'd go with Pam, but to me Patrick Dempsey is forever delivering pizza with extra anchovies.

According to Morrissey, I am dead then. It's weird to have NOTHING in common with his taste in music, attractive people, etc.. He actually seems to have quite pedestrian tastes. (Aside from KY screaming with her keyboards, which is painful but not pedestrian.) Pam Anderson still has a very plastic look imo even though it's slightly toned down. This is probably completely sexist (and I'm female) but she looks like a retired stripper, or a very poor man's stripper.

"I don't transmit sexuality of any kind..."

Ummm...sarcasm? Classic Moz? I'm guessing.

If not, those are some serious meds the dude has been on because they've fried his brain.

Then why is he always taking off his shirt - even now - at his age? Isn't he trying to transmit sexuality? Honestly, I think his claims of celibacy, humansexuality, denial of transmitting sexuality is to create an image of mysteriousness and intrigue, and people really do fall for it. I think he is just a regular homosexual male and probably had as much sex as the average one does.

According to Morrissey, I am dead then. It's weird to have NOTHING in common with his taste in music, attractive people, etc.. He actually seems to have quite pedestrian tastes. (Aside from KY screaming with her keyboards, which is painful but not pedestrian.) Pam Anderson still has a very plastic look imo even though it's slightly toned down. This is probably completely sexist (and I'm female) but she looks like a retired stripper, or a very poor man's stripper.

I agree. She oozes low-rent. I saw her in person on a flight about 6 years ago, and upon departure she was barefaced without makeup looking pretty wrecked. Upon arrival she had made herself up and actually looked worse -- hard and haggard.

I guess with health you just never know, especially with a chronic illness. We know he must be feeling better since he has scheduled more tour dates. That's a good sign.

Me three. He's been through a lot and he seems to leave his prognosis rather open-ended.

I bought Hot Press today and will scan it tonight and will post it then. Takes approx 3 mins to read the whole thing. Asked a direct question about when is the Ireland concert and of course he responded wittily but didn't answer it. Feckin evasive as ever!

You know, if you go on twitter and search #Morrissey, the whole article is there.

Don't wish to defend Morrissey's politics, but he's very different to LHH. Unlike Moz, the latter was extremely Unionist, and supported British forces in Ireland. (That's why he left for England).

Not sure what you mean by 'plastic Paddy', as I've never heard that term before.

Does it mean that people who are born to Irish parents who partly identify with their background are necessarily 'plastic' or false?

If so, the term doesn't make any sense. Does this apply to the children of all immigrants, or only those of Irish origin?

Obviously specificly plastic 'paddy' is a term of those only of irish origin. Also plastic paddys call themselves that sometimes. Its not to be taken so seriousl
seriously its used when someone identifies themselves as irish not the country they are from.

Last edited:
Thanks for that. You can hear the old wit creeping back in here and there - though it's mostly serious stuff.
The Mrs Shufflewick answer is most interesting to me. I hadn't heard of him before and only 'discovered' him through the new record. I was crying with laughter listening to the Black Cap recording the other day. Brendan Behan not accepting heterosexuality as the be all and end all is a wonderful thing to read, too. So true, I think.
It's sad that he doesn't have much love for current singers/writers but it is pretty barren out there, isn't it? Saddest of all was reading about his various ailments and I hope he's on the mend.
I always find myself despairing a bit when he starts talking about politics, but mustn't grumble as it's a good interview and he still has that almost impossible flow of language or control of language that pulls you along and sometimes brings you to a halt. I agree that the latest album is his best since Vauxhall & I and it really does sound like it was fun to record. Gustavo is a genius! Good stuff.

Thank you for the links! I was swamped today and didn't have time to fiddle with the InterWebz. Thank you!

What Morrissey says about Israel is total bullshit. The Israeli government and what it does in Gaza do express the wishes of the people. I love Morrissey now as much as ever but he should be severely criticized for his stance towards Israel. It is shameful. Morrissey is clueless when it comes to politics. He ain't no Matt Johnson, that's for sure.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom