Morrissey Hot Press magazine interview out now

An anonymous person writes:

Issue is out just picked it up in Dublin - very good insightful interview; usual topics covered also says Jesse Tobias is one of the modern world's greatest guitarists...no confirmation on O2 date yet. Recent health issue was "acute fever" and needed a heroin based medication to stabilise him!

11956982_Web-Res-Morrissey-Cover-3814.jpg

INSIDE THE NEW HOT PRESS: MORRISSEY - Hot Press. Link posted by Uncleskinny
A world exclusive with the one and only Morrissey, plus Ryan Adams, Rankin, Eli Roth, John Slattery and more...

Excerpt:

Our ridiculously star-studded run of summer issues continues this fortnight. Gracing our cover this issue – and looking extremely cool we must say – is the icon that is Morrissey.
Always a bit wary of the press, the Mancunian star talks exclusively to Hot Press as his new album World Peace Is None Of Your Business kicks Mozzamania into gear.

On the agenda? Global politics, his new album, the Royal Family, Tony Blair, Brendan Behan, Bashar al-Assad and much more, while he opens up about his recent health issues for the first time.

UPDATE 3:26PM PT:

Scans (page 1, 2, 3, 4) posted by @_nowhere_fast_ / Twitter. Link posted by MozRecording, Chickpea.

Related media:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Stew and Yorkshire puddings > almost everything else.

Surely not better than those great examples of American cuisine the Scottish fried chicken or tinned tuna that's been thrown into some noodles???
And what about all the other American dishes? The list is endless!

WRONG! Cajun, Creole, Hawaiian, Native American, plus countless dishes such as blackened red snapper, gumbo, tuna casserole, fried chicken, BBQ... the list is endless.

Cuisine is not something from which you "americans" could be proud of, what's your legacy for the world? McDonalds or KFC? This list you made is about people who were murdered in order to be subjugated by the US or what is all about?

Even though it's true that American culture has been dead for decades and their limited cuisine was always a shitty modulation of better European dishes, it is very sad that that once great country is now on such a downward spiral and is being usurped by China, a Communist superpower no less. Russia is regaining its strength too, of course. And yet, the USA is in its death throes - a shadow of its former self; morally, politically, economically, culturally.
Thank Bog Morrissey's latest album doesn't tread the dull bland US rock of previous efforts but is influenced so much by Latin America. The true America.

WRONG! Cajun, Creole, Hawaiian, Native American, plus countless dishes such as blackened red snapper, gumbo, tuna casserole, fried chicken, BBQ... the list is endless.

There isn't much in America that is original. Sorry.

Cajun: French speaking people from Arcadia, Canada are the ones responsible for Cajun food. These people were deported by the British to Louisiana and that's why it's thought to be an American cuisine. Blackened red snapper, gumbo, and tuna casserole can be classified under this group.

Creole: Originated in America, yes, but was influenced by French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, native American and African cuisine.

Hawaiian: Polynesia; most likely Asia

Native American: It's not usual to find a restaurant that serves only Native American. But that's about it as far as original american food.

Fried Chicken: originated in China and brought over by Scottish Immigrants.

BBQ: West Indian island of Hispaniola, but the Spanish borrowed it and called it barbacòa. French as well: barbe à queue. All well before America.

Even though it's true that American culture has been dead for decades and their limited cuisine was always a shitty modulation of better European dishes, it is very sad that that once great country is now on such a downward spiral and is being usurped by China, a Communist superpower no less. Russia is regaining its strength too, of course. And yet, the USA is in its death throes - a shadow of its former self; morally, politically, economically, culturally.
Thank Bog Morrissey's latest album doesn't tread the dull bland US rock of previous efforts but is influenced so much by Latin America. The true America.

Ha Ha. That's why some of the world's best French restaurants are.....wait for it....in the USA! And why the majority of the top chefs are....wait for it...from the USA!

At any rate, this discussion is getting tired. There is no doubt that the USA has the most diverse and best food in the world. As a matter of fact, the USA tops the world in most things...from the economy to standard of living, natural beauty, cultural diversity, beautiful people, etc, etc. To state otherwise is simply ignorant and stupid, little ones.

Now, off you go - put your kettle on and settle down with a nice cup and a biscuit and enjoy your beautiful weather, ugly kin, and Eastenders. Let the big boys of the world go out for a nice meal in New York City - the undisputed cultural capital of the world. Ta!

There isn't much in America that is original. Sorry.

Cajun: French speaking people from Arcadia, Canada are the ones responsible for Cajun food. These people were deported by the British to Louisiana and that's why it's thought to be an American cuisine. Blackened red snapper, gumbo, and tuna casserole can be classified under this group.

Creole: Originated in America, yes, but was influenced by French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, native American and African cuisine.

Hawaiian: Polynesia; most likely Asia

Native American: It's not usual to find a restaurant that serves only Native American. But that's about it as far as original american food.

Fried Chicken: originated in China and brought over by Scottish Immigrants.

BBQ: West Indian island of Hispaniola, but the Spanish borrowed it and called it barbacòa. French as well: barbe à queue. All well before America.

And what is "British" food? Fish and Chips? Shit pies? Dried roasts? The only good food in Britain (curry, for example) comes mostly from the counties you colonized (raped, ravaged, and tried to decimate). Britain is a culinary wasteland and I think you would find that most of the world culinary scene would agree. That would never be said of the USA.

What have the British ever done to advance the culinary world? How have the British contributed to world-wide cuisine? My God, the British didn't even use herbs or sauces in cooking until the 1980's! Britain's continued jealousy of the French is due, in large part, to its inferiority complex regarding French cuisine.

Yes, American food has been influenced by many cultures because the USA is a country of immigrants! American food is world fusion because the US is, and has always been, multicultural. Fusion (European, S. American, African, Asian) IS American food. Is this such a difficult concept for you thick-headed folks to understand?

Bottom line, would you rather eat a meal in Honolulu, San Francisco, Chicago, New York City, New Orleans, Las Vegas, or Britain? Ugh, I think I know what the answer would be from anyone who has half a palate (for you untraveled, home-bound Brits, the answer is NOT Britain!).

Now go have some fish and chips and a pint of lager - the British haute cuisine (you may have to Google that term)!

Last edited:
Cuisine is not something from which you "americans" could be proud of, what's your legacy for the world? McDonalds or KFC? This list you made is about people who were murdered in order to be subjugated by the US or what is all about?

And remind us all how the British treated the "subjects" of the countries it colonized? Let me help - the British stole their treasures, tried to kill their native tongues, repressed religious freedom, stole food, brought disease, raped, murdered, jailed, degraded, humiliated, decimated culture, etc. Just look to Ireland, if you need a reminder of how Britain has treated the peoples of the world. My God, after reading what I just wrote, it is a wonder why anyone would ever want to step foot in Britain. What a terrible history - never mind the dire state of the British culinary scene!

Are you simply arrogant or just stupid? Because you come across as a pathetic, uneducated fool!

Last edited:
Like you I find national pride creepy. It's about as useful and divisive as religion. How exactly can you be proud of where you had no say in being born?

You're all proving my previous point beautifully.

wasn't someone saying something about a magazine interview?

:p

I'm not going to be in ireland until september will it still be around do you think?

Last edited:
wasn't someone saying something about a magazine interview?

:p

I'm not going to be in ireland until september will it still be around do you think?

The children are babbling again. Yes it's a great interview.

Last edited:
This interview wasn't even worth reading. Also, why the Hell would you ask Morrissey about the 'War on Drugs'?

This interview wasn't even worth reading. Also, why the Hell would you ask Morrissey about the 'War on Drugs'?

I thought that was weird too. What is this? 1986?

Hot Press Interview.

Anybody have the text of this, or a link to read it online? Thanks in advance.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom