Morrissey Hot Press magazine interview forthcoming (Aug. 7) and concert report - TTY

2 August 2014

Hot Press - true-to-you.net

Morrissey has been interviewed by Ireland's Hot Press magazine. It is his only interview for World Peace Is None Of Your Business, and it is available on August 7th (Thursday).
Morrissey is finalising plans for concerts in Athens (Greece), Istanbul (Turkey) and Rome (Italy), and he is hoping to include Bucharest (Romania) and Budapest (Hungary). A concert at Dublin's 02 has been finalised.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would help his lawsuit if Morrissey apologizes to David T and lifts the lifetime ban. If he did the world of Morrissey would be all warm and fuzzy once again.

Don't bank on it. At least, not the 'warm' part. There has always been plenty of fuzziness. But warmth? Nah!

I am really looking forward to read this interview which actually should have come out when the Album was released and not now....but still we have it so should not complain about it. Like the singles : we are gonna get them physically released only weeks after but we get them. Let's just hope in some really cool artworks. Please.......Steven.......

Cheers Moz

Rather than the usual snorefest that is the music sleb interview, I would much prefer a track by track in depth breakdown of the album, with Morrissey talking about how he wrote the songs and why. Sadly that won't happen.

I mean, amongst other things, I am itching to know why he chose to rhyme 'yard' with, um, 'yard' in 'Kiss Me A Lot'.

Rather than the usual snorefest that is the music sleb interview, I would much prefer a track by track in depth breakdown of the album, with Morrissey talking about how he wrote the songs and why. Sadly that won't happen.

I mean, amongst other things, I am itching to know why he chose to rhyme 'yard' with, um, 'yard' in 'Kiss Me A Lot'.

'Second verse, same as the first'.

Enough of the arguing and debating how good (or not) WPINOYB is - does anyone have any news and/or gossip about when the Dublin gig is?

Sir leads the troops,
Jealous Of Youth

Based on past comments by cberlin I've read, I think Moz is wise to steer clear of Budapest. I don't think she's all there if you know what I mean.

I think he has quite a number of delusional fans at all of his concerts thinking they could have a relationship with Moz, or at least he has more of those than the average singer.

No, what he has is a bunch of fans with limited reading comprehension skills and zero sense of humor - such as yourselves; always ready with the odd ad hominem, assessing complete strangers' mental capacities and intentions. I make a joking statement, which would be interpreted in that vein anywhere else, but here I'm sure to get a pair of Anonymous amateur psychologists calling me delusional instead, and, for a bonus, implying that I may be some stalker and thus a potential source of danger. I will admit, I clearly (and grossly) misjudged the climate here by posting this.

Which of my (very few) past comments are you referring to anyway, Anon#1? Surely you have not derived what you have from reading my analysis of the "Istanbul" lyrics or form my view offered in the Morrissey vs Marr/lyricist vs muso debate. Oh, never mind. I think I know. It must be the post wherein I was put out by some of the contents as well as the increasingly vile tone of the KY-off-the-tour thread that segued into a discussion of what STD's Morrissey or Kristeen might have. You're right, only an obsessed, stalking asslicker would take the stance I took.

If you want to spar with me, go read my above-mentioned two posts (as well as everyone else's in those threads), and offer your contrasting views. Granted, that will require more effort than hurling baseless ad hominems at me.

It seems that you just need someone to show you some love. Try spending some time on a dating site rather than wasting your sad little life posting nonsense on here. There must be someone out there who will blow you...even if it costs you a few bucks.

I'm in Blanchardstown shopping centre. No sign of Morrissey here or in The Bank on Dame Street last night. Wonder where he's hiding.....

Re: Morrissey Hot Press magazine interview and concert report - TTY

Of his own volition of course, with no pressure from anywhere asking where's the album promotion? It's dropping now. Why didn't he do this when it counted, when it mattered, when people DIDN'T have the damn album? It could have done so much better. TTY stating it's his only album interview is a bit 'Horse bolting after stable door is closed'.

Maybe he was sick until recently and hadn't the energy to do an interview. Looking forward to the Dublin gig now. Tickets not on sale yet anyway. I bet he doesn't cancel Dublin cos he always treats Ireland well, just like Ireland treats Moz well. I knew he would come back.

Maybe he was sick until recently and hadn't the energy to do an interview. Looking forward to the Dublin gig now. Tickets not on sale yet anyway. I bet he doesn't cancel Dublin cos he always treats Ireland well, just like Ireland treats Moz well. I knew he would come back.

Well, yes, and as I've said elsewhere, I wish him a speedy recovery, if that's the case. I find it interesting that he could pen a good-sized riposte to the Steyn situation, yet not give interviews to boost his sales. Anyways, it will be a very interesting interview.

P.

It does make me sad that he's effectively ignored the UK touring-wise for the past 3 years. Ah well.

It was Edinburgh in July 2012 which was his last UK outing, over two years ago.
I think he does not ignore touring the UK, there seems some reasons.

Top 10 Predictions of the Unchallenging Hot Press Interview

1) No mention of Autobiography.
Morrissey's at-the-moment handler will have instructed the journalist before the interview of the subjects that can't be addressed, one being anything written about in "Autobiography."

2) Morrissey feels that "World Peace" is his "strongest album to date."
To be fair, that what every artist says about their latest release--it's in the musician's handbook.

3) The journalist feels that "World Peace" is his "strongest album to date."
You really think Morrissey's going to agree to an interview at this point where the cards aren't stacked on his side?

4) Morrissey's looking forward to getting back on tour again.
Although he won't mention why most of the most recent US tour was cancelled.

5) Harvest doesn't understand him.
The Twitter account, the unusual promotional campaign--it's out of Morrissey's hands. "I just write the songs."

6) "Jesse is my greatest songwriting partner since I was in the Smiths."
And we will all read this and smirk.

7) Politics, politics, politics.
We will all skim over this portion of the interview.

8) The South African security guard
Morrissey has never seen the South African security guard even though he's worked on three of his tours.

9) Kristeen Young
Because Morrissey is hyper-susceptible to the sniffles, a runny-nosed Kristeen Young was asked to leave the tour. She got defensive, lashed out, and made a spectacle of herself. He expected more from Tony Visconti's camp.

10) DavidT and SoLow
A hateful bunch of "fans" that think they deserve anything from Morrissey other than music.

I've probably missed a couple things, but these will be the main beats...

Top 10 Predictions of the Unchallenging Hot Press Interview

1) No mention of Autobiography.
Morrissey's at-the-moment handler will have instructed the journalist before the interview of the subjects that can't be addressed, one being anything written about in "Autobiography."

2) Morrissey feels that "World Peace" is his "strongest album to date."
To be fair, that what every artist says about their latest release--it's in the musician's handbook.

3) The journalist feels that "World Peace" is his "strongest album to date."
You really think Morrissey's going to agree to an interview at this point where the cards aren't stacked on his side?

4) Morrissey's looking forward to getting back on tour again.
Although he won't mention why most of the most recent US tour was cancelled.

5) Harvest doesn't understand him.
The Twitter account, the unusual promotional campaign--it's out of Morrissey's hands. "I just write the songs."

6) "Jesse is my greatest songwriting partner since I was in the Smiths."
And we will all read this and smirk.

7) Politics, politics, politics.
We will all skim over this portion of the interview.

8) The South African security guard
Morrissey has never seen the South African security guard even though he's worked on three of his tours.

9) Kristeen Young
Because Morrissey is hyper-susceptible to the sniffles, a runny-nosed Kristeen Young was asked to leave the tour. She got defensive, lashed out, and made a spectacle of herself. He expected more from Tony Visconti's camp.

10) DavidT and SoLow
A hateful bunch of "fans" that think they deserve anything from Morrissey other than music.

I've probably missed a couple things, but these will be the main beats...

What you said^

It was Edinburgh in July 2012 which was his last UK outing, over two years ago.
I think he does not ignore touring the UK, there seems some reasons.
It would be nice if he would say that instead of just looking like he can't be bothered to, to me it seems he doesn't want to, which i imagine he doesn't, id rather him just say i won't be touring UK for a while for such and such reasons, or again.

i think it cool that hes touring places that might not get to see as many shows and be as exposed to things as we are here int he more popular places for concerts. he for sure sings about these places and people on the record so why not show them the love? i thought it was cool that placebo plays some unusual places. same with the dears when they played mexico city. thought that was pretty cool.

mods should set the tone for discussion and name calling does not facilitate discussion it encourages arguments which only make the claims that they have an agenda seem more likely even if they dont. mods should be held to higher standards than some random poster.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom