"Morrissey Hospitalized in Michigan" - Billboard.com

UPDATE Jan. 27, 1:15 AM PT:

Uncleskinny posted the link:

Update on Morrissey's condition in Metro Detroit hospital expected to come 'soon,' publicist says - MLive.com
By Eric Lacy on January 26, 2013 at 3:56 PM, updated January 26, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Excerpt:

DETROIT, MI - An update on the health of English singer and lyricist Morrissey is expected to come Saturday afternoon or evening, his publicist told Mlive Detroit.

Lauren Papapietro said in an e-mail sent 3:11 p.m. Saturday that Morrissey was admitted to Royal Oak's William Beaumont Hospital to undergo tests for a suspected bladder infection.

She e-mailed back at 3:17 p.m. and wrote that she would have "an updated statement soon."

Check Mlive Detroit later today for more updates.

An anonymous person sends the link:

Morrissey Hospitalized in Michigan - Billboard.com
By David Greenwald | January 26, 2013 4:45 AM EST

The singer is 'undergoing tests,' with a pair of tour dates postponed

Morrissey has been hospitalized in Royal Oak, Mich.

According to a rep for the singer, he was admitted to the William Beaumont hospital, "where he is undergoing tests for a suspected bladder infection."

The former Smiths frontman canceled a date in Flint, Mich., on Jan. 24 and has postponed two additional shows. Several of his recent dates, including the night in Flint, had been rescheduled from last year when Morrissey interrupted his October tour to spend time with his hospitalized mother.

Per a previous release, the current trio of dates had been canceled and postponed, respectively, thanks to a "band illness." The tour was initially expected to resume on Monday, though it is unclear if Morrissey's ailment will result in a further delay.

Last edited:
As this news highlights bladder problems I would just like to inform everyone that a daily intake of a glass of cranberry can keep these problems at bay.

Urbanus

I stand by my point that he has access to the best medical care in the world and the luxury of having a Dr on call for him at anytime, anywhere. To not take care of your health and make contractual agreements, is totally irresponsible. This isn't the first time he's pulled crap like this. He's notorious for it. I think what he needs check is his head, for a freaking serious personality disorder.

I don't understand - was a doctor meant to follow him around , constantly checking his bladder ( ... and I thought he was just going off-stage before the encore for a shirt change) ? Was Morrissey meant to see into the future and predict his own illnesses ?

All joking aside I do hope Moz makes a speedy recovery, and I hope he gets to finish his US tour on a bang.

No doubt he'll release an official statement either very soon or after he's done with all the dates.

No matter what he does I still love him really

I don't understand - was a doctor meant to follow him around , constantly checking his bladder ( ... and I thought he was just going off-stage before the encore for a shirt change) ? Was Morrissey meant to see into the future and predict his own illnesses ?

He could becon a Dr if he was feeling ill in anyway. At anytime. Is he o lost in his own head he doesn't even realize he is not physically feeling well?! Jesus Christ, a newborn baby has the ability to cry out for help if its in pain. This is NOT a condition that just spontaneously occurred without zero warning. I've figured out who put the M in Manchild. Morrissey.

He could becon a Dr if he was feeling ill in anyway. At anytime. Is he o lost in his own head he doesn't even realize he is not physically feeling well?! Jesus Christ, a newborn baby has the ability to cry out for help if its in pain. This is NOT a condition that just spontaneously occurred without zero warning. I've figured out who put the M in Manchild. Morrissey.

Could you clarify, what condition are you talking about?

The only one thats been made public. A bladder infection. Of course, it seems he suffers from a personality disorder as well. Being 53, that's not something that just snuck up over night either. Whatever in the world is wrong with him is not something that just spontaneously occurred without warning. This man has access to the greatest medical care in the world. There is no reason for this type of crap. His own publicity company has no idea where he is. How in the hell does that even happen?! This is whole thing is just ridiculous beyond words.

The only one thats been made public. A bladder infection. Of course, it seems he suffers from a personality disorder as well. Being 53, that's not something that just snuck up over night either. Whatever in the world is wrong with him is not something that just spontaneously occurred without warning. This man has access to the greatest medical care in the world. There is no reason for this type of crap. His own publicity company has no idea where he is. How in the hell does that even happen?! This is whole thing is just ridiculous beyond words.

Apologies, I've been out all day so I may be behind the times, I thought they only suspected a bladder infection. Have they released his medical records? Or did his doctor confirm it? Do you have a link? Thanks.

Could you clarify, what condition are you talking about?

Sorry to butt in but

HELLO !!!The band members health anyone ?? Someone must know where they are holed up, it might be a nice idea to pop round and see if they are ok for lemsips/lozenges/honey/paracetamol.

OR !! Has this been the problem all along ? i e Band having to take the rap for him (remember base players miracle recovery from a broken spinal chord)
It seems Boz was up for carrying this one till someone spilled up the truth (He'll have been sacked for that slip of the tongue now I expect)
Its high time the inner circle broke rank and spill the beans on all these lies .

I agree with this.This is an unpredictable world.Sometimes people just get sick.He is a human being you know.The other thing is maybe he tried to just keep going on with the tour despite being ill and just could not continue.I don`t think that there is some kind of conspiracy going on here people.He`s also been on tour for a long time plus the stress of his mother being ill.Maybe it`s just taken it`s toll.

Apologies, I've been out all day so I may be behind the times, I thought they only suspected a bladder infection. Have they released his medical records? Or did his doctor confirm it? Do you have a link? Thanks.

The only information I am prudent to just like the rest of you is what was released by his publicist. His medical records being released by his Dr would never happen and shouldn't due to personal privacy and hepa laws. But if you employ someone to speak for you and provide your fans with information, you better make damn sure she doesn't make you look like a total asshole. Of course, he really doesn't need her to do that for him at this point. If he's not saying something totally inappropriate and uncalled for he's canceling shows and behaving like a child. A spoiled brat. If he wants his fans to remain loyal, then the least he could do or whoever he pays to speak on his behalf would be to provide us with some information concerning tickets we have bought and have been holding for 7 months. We're is his loyalty to his fan base?! We are the ones who made him who he is after all. Without us he would be a lonely miserable and depressed librarian.

I agree with this.This is an unpredictable world.Sometimes people just get sick.He is a human being you know.The other thing is maybe he tried to just keep going on with the tour despite being ill and just could not continue.I don`t think that there is some kind of conspiracy going on here people.He`s also been on tour for a long time plus the stress of his mother being ill.Maybe it`s just taken it`s toll.

False, he has NOT been on tour for a very long time. And that's his job. Also, he lives a very pampered and well off life. Yes he's human but he is a human that is blessed with luxuries like the best medical care money can buy which most of us aren't. The majority even. So, Frankly Mr.Shankly there is no excuse for this continued habit of canceling and rescheduling shows. Disappointing fans and not offering up any information.

The only information I am prudent to just like the rest of you is what was released by his publicist. His medical records being released by his Dr would never happen and shouldn't due to personal privacy and hepa laws. But if you employ someone to speak for you and provide your fans with information, you better make damn sure she doesn't make you look like a total asshole. Of course, he really doesn't need her to do that for him at this point. If he's not saying something totally inappropriate and uncalled for he's canceling shows and behaving like a child. A spoiled brat. If he wants his fans to remain loyal, then the least he could do or whoever he pays to speak on his behalf would be to provide us with some information concerning tickets we have bought and have been holding for 7 months. We're is his loyalty to his fan base?! We are the ones who made him who he is after all. Without us he would be a lonely miserable and depressed librarian.

Oh I see. It's just when you said that this condition didn't just sneak up on him that you actually knew what his condition was.

I gather you have tickets? Why would you see and continue to support a spoiled brat with no loyalty to his fan base? I can only imagine you have much better things to spend your money on.

False, he has NOT been on tour for a very long time. And that's his job. Also, he lives a very pampered and well off life. Yes he's human but he is a human that is blessed with luxuries like the best medical care money can buy which most of us aren't. The majority even. So, Frankly Mr.Shankly there is no excuse for this continued habit of canceling and rescheduling shows. Disappointing fans and not offering up any information.

What do you think now?Does having a bleeding ulcer and taking a bit of time off to recover make him a spoiled brat?Yes he must have really great doctors and great medical care but he still has a human body.No matter how much money you have it takes time to heal.I imagine touring must be grueling.Stress makes the body prone to illness.I`m sure he didn`t get ill to ruin your day.I have been a fan for a very long time.I have been cancelled on too.Yes I was disappointed but these things happen.Have a heart.

What do you think now?Does having a bleeding ulcer and taking a bit of time off to recover make him a spoiled brat?Yes he must have really great doctors and great medical care but he still has a human body.No matter how much money you have it takes time to heal.I imagine touring must be grueling.Stress makes the body prone to illness.I`m sure he didn`t get ill to ruin your day.I have been a fan for a very long time.I have been cancelled on too.Yes I was disappointed but these things happen.Have a heart.

Very well said, Tibbs :thumb:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom