"Morrissey Hospitalized in Michigan" - Billboard.com

UPDATE Jan. 27, 1:15 AM PT:

Uncleskinny posted the link:

Update on Morrissey's condition in Metro Detroit hospital expected to come 'soon,' publicist says - MLive.com
By Eric Lacy on January 26, 2013 at 3:56 PM, updated January 26, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Excerpt:

DETROIT, MI - An update on the health of English singer and lyricist Morrissey is expected to come Saturday afternoon or evening, his publicist told Mlive Detroit.

Lauren Papapietro said in an e-mail sent 3:11 p.m. Saturday that Morrissey was admitted to Royal Oak's William Beaumont Hospital to undergo tests for a suspected bladder infection.

She e-mailed back at 3:17 p.m. and wrote that she would have "an updated statement soon."

Check Mlive Detroit later today for more updates.

An anonymous person sends the link:

Morrissey Hospitalized in Michigan - Billboard.com
By David Greenwald | January 26, 2013 4:45 AM EST

The singer is 'undergoing tests,' with a pair of tour dates postponed

Morrissey has been hospitalized in Royal Oak, Mich.

According to a rep for the singer, he was admitted to the William Beaumont hospital, "where he is undergoing tests for a suspected bladder infection."

The former Smiths frontman canceled a date in Flint, Mich., on Jan. 24 and has postponed two additional shows. Several of his recent dates, including the night in Flint, had been rescheduled from last year when Morrissey interrupted his October tour to spend time with his hospitalized mother.

Per a previous release, the current trio of dates had been canceled and postponed, respectively, thanks to a "band illness." The tour was initially expected to resume on Monday, though it is unclear if Morrissey's ailment will result in a further delay.

Last edited:
Thank you for the information! Looks like I will be seeing him for sure on Thursday. :D

How does "there will be an updated statement soon" indicate that he is well? He could have bladder cancer for all you know. Give the man a f***ing break. He doesn't exist to please you, or any of us here.

Ok so you, and this site, support this statement then. You and David Tseng both deserve your ban.

Re: Article: "Morrissey Hospitalized in Michigan" - Billboard.com
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is this a genuine illness or is it just a cover-up for anorexia?
Ooh, that's not very nice, is it Morrissey?
Perhaps you'll think twice before opening your mouth in the future, eh Morrissey?
I hope he dies slowly and in pain "The kind people have a wonderful dream" "When will you die?" "Make the dream reall"
It's not very nice is it Steven ?

Anonymous, you obviously have no comprehension of "tit for tat", yin and yang, or the way the Universe has of balancing itself.

I don't claim to have full understanding of it myself, but at least i'm out of the cave.

Oh, I had no idea that Uncleskinny was banned from concerts. If that's true, well you know I don't think that bothers him much, since he still moderates on a Morrissey site, and can see Johnny Marr in concert any time he pleases.

But do keep trying making feel us ashamed, like the good Morrissey-Law abiding citizen you are. And when that doesn't work, find consolation in the fact that three days after his death, Morrissey will resurrect and you'll go to Morrissey-Heaven direct, while we poor sinners will have to beg him for forgiveness (which of course, being Himself, he won't grant.)

Happy now? Here, have some bread! Host,I mean.

Anonymous, you obviously have no comprehension of "tit for tat", yin and yang, or the way the Universe has of balancing itself.

I don't claim to have full understanding of it myself, but at least i'm out of the cave.

Oh, I had no idea that Uncleskinny was banned from concerts. If that's true, well you know I don't think that bothers him much, since he still moderates on a Morrissey site, and can see Johnny Marr in concert any time he pleases.

But do keep trying making feel us ashamed, like the good Morrissey-Law abiding citizen you are. And when that doesn't work, find consolation in the fact that three days after his death, Morrissey will resurrect and you'll go to Morrissey-Heaven direct, while we poor sinners will have to beg him for forgiveness (which of course, being Himself, he won't grant.)

Happy now? Here, have some bread! Host,I mean.

If I'm banned it's news to me. Where's the evidence to back this up?

P.

It's all that boozing and the drinking contests, but I'd say he presides over them like a king and doesn't get involved.

Y'all seriously are the most over reacting bunch of cry babies I've ever seen in my life and I have 2 children. He is a human. Before anything else. Yes, he has a gift for lyricism and amazing stage presence. He inspires people and we love him but he is not above anyone else. Freddie Mercury inspired people in the same way, he was one of the best if not the best front man ever. He suffered in silence while dying from AIDS and the only reason he spoke out was to spread awareness. Not insight over dramatic hysteria. The man has a freaking bladder infection, pull yourselves together. Everyone deserves empathy but this goes beyond that. This is flat out whorship, and it's gross. I'm pretty sure he finds it incredibly creepy. I know I do.

Y'all seriously are the most over reacting bunch of cry babies I've ever seen in my life and I have 2 children. He is a human. Before anything else. Yes, he has a gift for lyricism and amazing stage presence. He inspires people and we love him but he is not above anyone else. Freddie Mercury inspired people in the same way, he was one of the best if not the best front man ever. He suffered in silence while dying from AIDS and the only reason he spoke out was to spread awareness. Not insight over dramatic hysteria. The man has a freaking bladder infection, pull yourselves together. Everyone deserves empathy but this goes beyond that. This is flat out whorship, and it's gross. I'm pretty sure he finds it incredibly creepy. I know I do.

I'm sorry, but who the f*** are you?

I really hate to be the one to break this to you, but....

I was waiting for someone to take advantage of this statement :lbf:

l.jpg

Im a registered site member just like yourself, except I have the balls to not remain anonymous and faceless like you. That's who the f*** I am. My real name is Ashley, I have 2 children. I'm a long time Smiths and Morrissey fan and a Autism Mom and advocate. I enjoy walks in the rain. Tea with milk. Intellectual conversation and reading. :) Now, just who in the f*** are you?! :)

Untitled_zps7402932f.jpg

I really hate to be the one to break this to you, but....

I guess he could technically stick his wiener in girls butts. :rolleyes:

How do you know anyway? :cool:

I guess he could technically stick his wiener in girls butts. :rolleyes:

How do you know anyway? :cool:

On a general point, unless laws are being broken, and everyone invloved is consenting, what business is it of you, me, or anyone else what two people do? It's just nobody else's business, and I don't see when it does become someone else's business.

P.

The man has a freaking bladder infection

The thing is, though, it's not the bladder infection that is the real problem. It's what's causing it. Men don't get bladder infections like women do. They could be testing to see if his prostate is enlarged, or he may even have kidney stones. That's what usually causes a bladder infection in men. Also, a bladder infection generally doesn't require hospitalization. They would have just prescribed an antibiotic and he'd been on his way. So, that's what makes me think there's something more to it than we know. They're keeping us in the dark, so to speak. At any rate, I hope whatever is going on, that he'll be well soon.

I'm supposed to go to Monday's show. Like you (and everyone else who's going to this concert) I've been excited and in anticipation since June. Hopefully we'll get word soon as many of us are travelling from far distances to see him.

Last edited:
From Mayo Clinic site:

The Causes of UTIs in Men

Normally, urine is sterile and free from bacteria, viruses, and fungi; however, it usually contains fluids, salts, and waste products. An infection occurs when tiny organisms, usually bacteria from the digestive tract, adhere to the opening of the urethra and begin to reproduce. The urethra is the tube that carries urine from the bladder to be expelled outside the body. Most infections are caused by Escherichia coli (E. coli) bacteria, which normally live in the colon.

If bacteria attach to the urethra and begin to multiply, an infection can occur. An infection confined to the urethra is called "urethritis." If the infection moves to the bladder, a bladder infection occurs, called "cystitis." If the infection is not treated immediately, bacteria could travel farther up the ureters to infect the kidneys, which may result in a kidney infection called "pyelonephritis."

Chlamydia and Mycoplasma, both microorganisms, can also cause urinary tract infections in men, but the trend of these types of infections is to remain limited to the urethra and reproductive system. Unlike E. coli, Chlamydia and Mycoplasma can be sexually transmitted and infections require treatment of both male and female partners.

The urinary system is biologically structured to help ward off infection. The ureters and bladder are supposed to prevent urine from backing up toward the kidneys and the flow of urine from the bladder is designed to wash bacteria out of the body. In men, the prostate gland produces secretions that slow bacterial growth, and immune defenses also help avoid infection. Despite these physiological safeguards, infections can still occur. Bladder outlet obstruction due to benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) may be associated with urinary stasis. Although a causal relationship has been difficult to prove, chronic prostatic obstruction is considered to increase the risk of urinary tract infections in older men with BPH.

Men who are uncircumcised are more at risk to become infected because the bacteria can build up much more easily in the folds of the extra skin on the penis, as are men who engage in anal intercourse.

Either way - HE will get treated and be back to whipping mic cords about in his lovely twisty way. Good luck Moz.

I live a couple miles from Beaumont, and it is a very good hospital, top staff. He likely has a nice room to himself, as this place caters to wealthier patients regularly. Infections take a few days of IV antibiotics, so I wouldn't expect him to be clear to go before tomorrow (imo). Cheers and get well soon..

The thing is, though, it's not the bladder infection that is the real problem. It's what's causing it. Men don't get bladder infections like women do. They could be testing to see if his prostate is enlarged, or he may even have kidney stones. That's what usually causes a bladder infection in men. Also, a bladder infection generally doesn't require hospitalization. They would have just prescribed an antibiotic and he'd been on his way. So, that's what makes me think there's something more to it than we know. They're keeping us in the dark, so to speak. At any rate, I hope whatever is going on, that he'll be well soon.

I'm supposed to go to Monday's show. Like you (and everyone else who's going to this concert) I've been excited and in anticipation since June. Hopefully we'll get word soon as many of us are travelling from far distances to see him.

I stand by my point that he has access to the best medical care in the world and the luxury of having a Dr on call for him at anytime, anywhere. To not take care of your health and make contractual agreements, is totally irresponsible. This isn't the first time he's pulled crap like this. He's notorious for it. I think what he needs check is his head, for a freaking serious personality disorder.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom