"Morrissey Hospitalized in Michigan" - Billboard.com

UPDATE Jan. 27, 1:15 AM PT:

Uncleskinny posted the link:

Update on Morrissey's condition in Metro Detroit hospital expected to come 'soon,' publicist says - MLive.com
By Eric Lacy on January 26, 2013 at 3:56 PM, updated January 26, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Excerpt:

DETROIT, MI - An update on the health of English singer and lyricist Morrissey is expected to come Saturday afternoon or evening, his publicist told Mlive Detroit.

Lauren Papapietro said in an e-mail sent 3:11 p.m. Saturday that Morrissey was admitted to Royal Oak's William Beaumont Hospital to undergo tests for a suspected bladder infection.

She e-mailed back at 3:17 p.m. and wrote that she would have "an updated statement soon."

Check Mlive Detroit later today for more updates.

An anonymous person sends the link:

Morrissey Hospitalized in Michigan - Billboard.com
By David Greenwald | January 26, 2013 4:45 AM EST

The singer is 'undergoing tests,' with a pair of tour dates postponed

Morrissey has been hospitalized in Royal Oak, Mich.

According to a rep for the singer, he was admitted to the William Beaumont hospital, "where he is undergoing tests for a suspected bladder infection."

The former Smiths frontman canceled a date in Flint, Mich., on Jan. 24 and has postponed two additional shows. Several of his recent dates, including the night in Flint, had been rescheduled from last year when Morrissey interrupted his October tour to spend time with his hospitalized mother.

Per a previous release, the current trio of dates had been canceled and postponed, respectively, thanks to a "band illness." The tour was initially expected to resume on Monday, though it is unclear if Morrissey's ailment will result in a further delay.

Last edited:
2yw8qgw.jpg

P.

I love this type of goosing around !

It's past midnight Eastern time, and no update has been forthcoming. That means he's within a 48-hour window until the next scheduled show, on a weekend, dealing with a hospital. Unless there's an update by about noon tomorrow saying he's high-tailing it to North Carolina, chances are Asheville is out.

I love this type of goosing around !

There's a kind of goosing around which is much more deserving of the phrase "I love", I'll let you figure out that one on your own...or with a partner.

I know how bladder problems can be....so don't make fun of it, or say it's not worth to cancel shows
for it.

Get well Morrissey hope you be back on the road ending this tour, so you can check up at your own
hospital, or doc. to check if it's an age problem, or worse...

I know how bladder problems can be....so don't make fun of it, or say it's not worth to cancel shows
for it.

Get well Morrissey hope you be back on the road ending this tour, so you can check up at your own
hospital, or doc. to check if it's an age problem, or worse...

Exactly. I've had bladder problems since I was thirteen and everyone thought I used it as an excuse to get out of school, but when in reality I had been switching from about 5 different urologists. A simple infection can go a long way.
And with me, it all started with them.

It's past midnight Eastern time, and no update has been forthcoming. That means he's within a 48-hour window until the next scheduled show, on a weekend, dealing with a hospital. Unless there's an update by about noon tomorrow saying he's high-tailing it to North Carolina, chances are Asheville is out.

My daughter (13) and I have been waiting since June. Once rescheduled, on my Dads death anniversary no less and now it's looking to be canceled. If that happens its going to be extremely disappointing.

I think it`s gross that some people can say such mean things about him.If lots of these people were face to face with someone I doubt that they would say such cruel things.When you are protected by anonymity it`s easy to be impudent and disgusting.

Try me. "Hello! Is bladder infection really your middle name? Caught something you might be ashamed of yet? So all your friends are dirty assholes, aren't they?" Anything to "piss him off". Might even cure the infection, you never know.

It's not only famous smart arses that have the power to upset people. Now, isn't that disgusting?

Try me. "Hello! Is bladder infection really your middle name? Caught something you might be ashamed of yet? So all your friends are dirty assholes, aren't they?" Anything to "piss him off". Might even cure the infection, you never know.

It's not only famous smart arses that have the power to upset people. Now, isn't that disgusting?

I would sing to him

'We hate it when our friends become piss poor'

Why are we still arguing over this? All I want are updates about the shows.
I will say that maybe it has been a rough year for Morrissey? I know when I get extremely stressed out when a family member is not doing well, my immune system is not what it should be. This all could have and probably did most likely happen.

Last edited:
Tibby et al, do you really think Morrissey would walk up to Kate Middleton and address her thus:
"Hey, you anorexic royal-loving tart, what were you even in hospital for? I hope this dead nurse comes back from the dead and kidnaps your baby!"
It's okay to hit a pregnant woman in the belly, with words, via the press, because it's basically what he did, but it's morally condemnable to anonymously push Morrissey's gurney at full speed in a crèche corridor?

I don't know what planet you guys live on.
He probably finds being kicked when he falls down exciting, you know.If he doesn't, well then maybe he shouldn't provoke this sort of "treatment".

Of course, as he said he hates it, you believe him.
Perhaps you should take what he says about this site with a pinch of salt. Do you need a personal assistant for that? :)

Oh, also, I bet David Beckham's urethra looks as fit and lovely as the rest of him does... Jealous much?

What posts do you think are "cruel and sick"? You're free to report ones you think may be braking site TOS, or indeed, actionable.

P.

Maybe they don`t break the rules or anything.I just find them offensive.I just felt the need to say something.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom