"Morrissey Hospitalized in Michigan" - Billboard.com

UPDATE Jan. 27, 1:15 AM PT:

Uncleskinny posted the link:

Update on Morrissey's condition in Metro Detroit hospital expected to come 'soon,' publicist says - MLive.com
By Eric Lacy on January 26, 2013 at 3:56 PM, updated January 26, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Excerpt:

DETROIT, MI - An update on the health of English singer and lyricist Morrissey is expected to come Saturday afternoon or evening, his publicist told Mlive Detroit.

Lauren Papapietro said in an e-mail sent 3:11 p.m. Saturday that Morrissey was admitted to Royal Oak's William Beaumont Hospital to undergo tests for a suspected bladder infection.

She e-mailed back at 3:17 p.m. and wrote that she would have "an updated statement soon."

Check Mlive Detroit later today for more updates.

An anonymous person sends the link:

Morrissey Hospitalized in Michigan - Billboard.com
By David Greenwald | January 26, 2013 4:45 AM EST

The singer is 'undergoing tests,' with a pair of tour dates postponed

Morrissey has been hospitalized in Royal Oak, Mich.

According to a rep for the singer, he was admitted to the William Beaumont hospital, "where he is undergoing tests for a suspected bladder infection."

The former Smiths frontman canceled a date in Flint, Mich., on Jan. 24 and has postponed two additional shows. Several of his recent dates, including the night in Flint, had been rescheduled from last year when Morrissey interrupted his October tour to spend time with his hospitalized mother.

Per a previous release, the current trio of dates had been canceled and postponed, respectively, thanks to a "band illness." The tour was initially expected to resume on Monday, though it is unclear if Morrissey's ailment will result in a further delay.

Last edited:
Wow. This explains the latest string of cancellations.

Get well soon Moz.

Who the f*** gets admitted to hospital because of a bladder infection?

Best wishes to Moz for a quick recovery, and hope all the fans get to see him before too long.

P.

What a shame! They're not having the best of luck lately. First Morrissey's Mum becoming ill, Boz's arm, Kristeen's Mum passing away and now Morrissey in hospital.

Thoughts are with all of you right now, and speedy recovery Moz!

x

Fingers crossed he's alright and soon back on his feet - Dave

Buckingham Palace has just released a statement stating that they believe Morrissey is faking a bladder infection.

Wish you well dear old Mozzer....

Cheers Moz

Ouch - a painful condition. Cystitis is slightly more common in men over 50, and it may indicate a more serious (although often benign) underlying condition. Here's hoping everything checks out well and he can continue on, because he was simply magnificent just a week ago.

Oh, the indignities of age...

Who the f*** gets admitted to hospital because of a bladder infection?

He's probably read all the comments on here and realised that he's been taking the piss out of his fans and pushed em a bit to far this time.
Basicaly he's put himself in a private clinic and put the word out that he's not well with an in-growin toe nail or something, well I've just snapped my leg and head off
so tough shit ! ! !

Cry wolf all you want

Pony the Tony

Buckingham Palace has just released a statement stating that they believe Morrissey is faking a bladder infection.

I hope none of the nurses kill themselves or its gonna be his fault using his theory of him being there so early in his pregnancy.

We'll let you know

Bladder infections can be quite serious actually and can completely wipe you out, especially if it reaches the kidneys.

I guess you can have different levels of severity but I had a kidney infection once (from a UTI) and I just took antibiotics. I can understand why he would cancel the shows! Hope he gets well soon!

All this fuss ! Why did'nt he just say he's with child its the year 2013 these things happen, wonder if its a boy /girl I'm so happy for him.
Lets get knitting everyone.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom