Morrissey has heckler removed from concert (video)

Glad he didn't end the show b/c someone said something he didn't like (as he's done in the past).

That seems ironic.
Maybe Morrissey should stop his performance (I know, I know! But that's what it is) and address this person who had the nerve to pay money to communicate their truth to him.
But, just like this site, he's more comfortable silencing criticism than responding to it.

Morrissey should watch these Axl Rose videos and learn how it's done. lol
"Did your mommy buy you the ticket?"

That seems ironic.
Maybe Morrissey should stop his performance (I know, I know! But that's what it is) and address this person who had the nerve to pay money to communicate their truth to him.
But, just like this site, he's more comfortable silencing criticism than responding to it.

If he stopped the gig just once to communicate with an heckler then it would just continue. What he did in that video above was to send a message. Which was, 'if you come here to tweet bollocks out of your mouth, then bye bye birdie! You twat'!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no sympathy for an

If he stopped the gig just once to communicate with an heckler then it would just continue. What he did in that video above was to send a message. Which was, 'if you come here to tweet bollocks out of your mouth, then bye bye birdie! You twat'!

You don't question the leader of the cult in the middle of a service. Morrissey talks such shit that he's incapable of explaining himself. If he did take two minutes to talk about what he said and what he meant at his recent interviews the audience would "hear the words" come out of his mouth and that might prove disastrous. So he stops the song, has the person removed, and then carries on the show.
If you feel that there are a large number of people there with something to say who are only being quiet hoping he will sing their favorite Smiths song and not start in on some bizarre rant, that doesn't really show a lot of faith in him, his audience, or his words of late.

Trump apparently. The person ejected took offence to Mozzer's recent comments about Trump.

What!? The hypothetical one about pushing the button? He got kicked out of a gig because of Morrissey's reply to an hypothetical question!? Is that true? If so then what a dick!

What!? The hypothetical one about pushing the button? He got kicked out of a gig because of Morrissey's reply to an hypothetical question!? Is that true? If so then what a dick!

Supposedly he kept screaming something along I lines of "f*** you Trump rules" throughout the gig.

It somehow reminded me of Ian MacKaye during his Fugazi years.
He always had in his pocket several envelopes with cash in them, the cash was equal to the cost of a ticket to the concert.
Each time someone did something he didn't like (which was usually someone trying to act like a violent punk), he would stop the song he was playing and give one of these envelopes to the person in a very polite way and then he asked the person to leave.
He had some sort of "zero tolerance" for bullshit... and his "trick" of the envelopes with cash was good.

video of me when Morrissey stops singing and starts to talk

Always remember how the Stranglers dealt with a tit in the crowd, still makes me laugh now.

Morrissey should watch these Axl Rose videos and learn how it's done. lol
"Did your mommy buy you the ticket?"

i like the way Morrissey did it better. there was no time wasting, no pissing about, no humouring, no condescending. just 'out you go' and that's that, moving on.

gosh, this makes me realize how great a moderator Morrissey would make. he would take out the trash that's for sure! I already know how he feels about a certain longstanding member. can we make Morrissey moderator??

I’m increasingly getting fed up with Morrissey’s pronouncements but, however objectionable they are, he’s expressed them in an appropriate context-usually some sort of interview. By contrast, this chap was just creating a disturbance at a pop concert and ruining it for everyone else. I think Mozza had it spot on in having him kicked out. If the ejectee had wanted to engage in discussion, he should have chosen a different forum.

I’m increasingly getting fed up with Morrissey’s pronouncements but, however objectionable they are, he’s expressed them in an appropriate context-usually some sort of interview. By contrast, this chap was just creating a disturbance at a pop concert and ruining it for everyone else. I think Mozza had it spot on in having him kicked out. If the ejectee had wanted to engage in discussion, he should have chosen a different forum.

Such as?

:thumb:

Oh the irony, no free speech.

There is nothing ironic about it: there is NO "free speech" at concerts.
They are hierarchical and one person has the microphone (Morrissey in this case) and he has the right to stop anyone from disturbing HIS concert.

I always remember a concert in which a guy decided to get naked and dance pogo... which was quite disgusting.
It was the concert of an experimental electronic band (somewhere between synth punk and industrial).
The singer finished the song and said: "Listen: I know you feel very interesting dancing naked, but you are not.... in most concerts you would be asked to leave, but I will ask you to get dressed again and understand that you are not the show that everyone else came to see".

The guy got dressed and was allowed to stay.

Different bands and artists allow different degrees of "freedom of expression" to the audience, but not band allows an "absolute freedom of expression" (i.e, I don't know any band that would allow a random person to pick the microphone and begin to sing some songs that he composed... it's not "his" show).

Back
Top Bottom