"Morrissey has agreed a publishing deal with Penguin books" - Digital Journal

Has he actually signed a deal with Penguin yet?

Op-Ed: Morrissey to publish his autobiography in 2012 - Digital Journal
By Tim Sandle, Feb 5, 2012

Excerpt:

The singer-songwriter Morrissey, and former front man of the indie band The Smiths, is set to publish his autobiography in December 2012. Known for his witty refrains in both his lyrics and interview comments, an intriguing work is anticipated.

Morrissey, who made a series of seminal albums with The Smiths as the bands lead singer and lyricist as well as several solo artists, has agreed a publishing deal with Penguin books and will be one of several music-linked autobiographies published this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: "Morrissey has agreed a publishing deal with Penguin books" - Digital Jo

What you really mean is you hope he uses lots of small words so you can possibly understand it when it is red to you before your bed time.
These Anonymous posters are a rum lot. On the one hand you have the ones who despise the Moz and enjoy the sport of abusing him on a fan site. Then you have the really creepy ones who appear to worship him and will brook no critisism at all of their idol. These ones are the most unsettling, I would imagine that there is atleast one serial killer amongst them.

Re: Article: "Morrissey has agreed a publishing deal with Penguin books" - Digital Jo

What you really mean is you hope he uses lots of small words so you can possibly understand it when it is red to you before your bed time.

Yeah, that attempt at a put-down would've worked a little better had you not misspelt one of the "small words" you wanted to use. Remedial lessons in English might be in order, before next you want to sound like a smart-arse on an Internet message board.

Good luck with that.

Well if you reckon to be on here and reckon to attack Year of Refusal's then we hope you get some help with your death.

You might need some professional help, lad. Been alone for too long? Amidst years of refusal? Doesn't make the album better than The Smiths though.

yeah the one you have to register with, you can set it as seen in your Avatar

though I know Suzanne had a morrissey-solo email,before this site update
[don't know it was a fake spamholder, or real]

btw where is sh?, left I guess, and gone where she's apreciated about her cynical and ironic
comments for the ones with an IQ higher than 105.

or she finally has found a record deal:thumb:

waves

Are you talking about me? I'm making sure because I haven't read things that closely for a while and there may be another Suzanne hanging around and challenging my position as THE Suzanne. However, this story piqued my interest as I'm sure El Mozzo had dedicated an entire chapter to me! :blushing:

I don't recall if I had a moz-solo email address. It didn't mean that I didn't have one. My memory isn't what it used to be. It's been ruined by years of abusing TV dinners. Lack of nutrition leads to vitamin deficiency. I don't know what to tell ya.

i can't wait to read this. the liner notes for 'maladjusted' and 'southpaw' were such an excellent tease. there are very few artists like morrissey in existence. as outspoken and uncompromised. you can hate on that if you like. i choose to see him as wonderfully interesting, faults and all, because we all have 'em. there is nothing worse than boring, which makes up 99% of popular music and art. Moz has never been boring.

This site is hilarious!

Every single post turns into the most childish cringeworthy argument imaginable!

It really is unbelievable, I don't know if its an American thing or a Morrissey fan thing or what but seriously grow up its laughable

it's going to be published under penguin fiction though, right?
sorry i like him, but can he be as far out of touch with reality as his recent words and actions suggest ie: the band is exceptional. (lose jessie, lose the whole band - and he might get a record deal)
i don't think that he can write his history in any realistic way...
which is sad.
he comes across as an out of touch buffoon now.
so sad.

sorry i like him, but can he be as far out of touch with reality as his recent words and actions suggest ie: the band is exceptional. (lose jessie, lose the whole band - and he might get a record deal)
which is sad.
so sad.

What. Define what you mean that he's out of touch with reality. Do it now.

I'll need a dictionary, ginger tea/chai, bisquits and a joint to read a Moz-channels-Oscar Wilde book. Then just Mozy up with his book on yet another Saturday night without a date. C'mon, it's got to win a literary award as Keith Richard's bio has. Also, why aren't the Smiths in the Hall of Fame? If many others in the centuries to come - old Moz fans from a previous life - see him in the HOF, then they will be more inclined to listen to his work.

Last edited:

which is sad.
so sad.

My friend, no one thing is perfect in this world...

I can't wait for this book to be released; finally we'll get an autobiography that contains more than the superficial gossip garbage that comes with most celebrity auto-biographies these days.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom