"Morrissey has agreed a publishing deal with Penguin books" - Digital Journal

Has he actually signed a deal with Penguin yet?

Op-Ed: Morrissey to publish his autobiography in 2012 - Digital Journal
By Tim Sandle, Feb 5, 2012

Excerpt:

The singer-songwriter Morrissey, and former front man of the indie band The Smiths, is set to publish his autobiography in December 2012. Known for his witty refrains in both his lyrics and interview comments, an intriguing work is anticipated.

Morrissey, who made a series of seminal albums with The Smiths as the bands lead singer and lyricist as well as several solo artists, has agreed a publishing deal with Penguin books and will be one of several music-linked autobiographies published this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: "Morrissey has agreed a publishing deal with Penguin books" - Digital Jo

"Morrissey has agreed a publishing deal with Penguin?" - What kind of grammar is that anyway?

Southpaw.

where's that Death Dickbag guy who claimed up and down this book was never going to materialise?

Nothing like seeing a blowhard eat his own words

Re: Article: "Morrissey has agreed a publishing deal with Penguin books" - Digital Jo

where's that Death Dickbag guy who claimed up and down this book was never going to materialise?

Nothing like seeing a blowhard eat his own words
Hey TSM, how you doing?
How do you feel about the book?
On the one hand I'm disinclined to read it as I'm sure it'll be a load of old self serving nonsense and probably hugely innaccurate (I have problems with Moz when he is'nt singing, he can talk such toilet). That said, it's not often you're favourite singer publishes an autobiography and since an album is not forthcoming it's all there is.

As though any more proof was needed as to why Morrissey detests this site and why it is an abomination.

I think it's been proven many times that Morrissey detests this site because the guy who runs it won't kiss his ass the way AYNIM and TTY do

Kate2828 hasn’t even been on here lately and she re-appears to write a positive message to Morrissey and the pathetic losers of this site immediately attack her for no reason whatsoever. I’m a observer and Kate2828 stays off these boards because of you haters and she gets attached for expressing a positive thought by you haters of anyone pro-Morrissey. I can understand why Kate2828 stays off this site.

Tell-all details above provided by Kate's publicist, in case anyone was wondering

And where are those corpses who masquerade as moderators? As usual nowhere to be seen.

What is there to moderate?

some asswipe making a shitty comment because he's having a bad day, or some asswipe posting anonymously getting bent out of shape about previous asswipe's shitty comment?

Ignore and move on with the herd if it bothers you so much

These responses aren’t trolls written by those whose life consists of sitting on a man’s website that they detest as though there could be anything more pathetic.

This sentence makes absolutely no sense

This is why Morrissey hates this site.

Let's hope he confirms this in his new book because I'm skeptical at best when it's coming from someone who can't even log in to the site when they make a comment

This is why Morrissey banned David and no hatred or banning could be more well deserved.

how is any of this David's fault?

He hosts a website where people are free to speak their mind -- good or bad -- about a public figure who has never been one to hold his own tongue about a myriad number of things. If you people detest this place so much, why don't you go waste your time on one of the other kiss-ass Morrissey sites (both inferior to this one, I might add), instead of always coming around here preaching your self-righteous bulljive about what a terrible world we live in because some of the posters at Morrisseysolo are a bunch of not-nice meanies

Now if only the majority of those who frequent this site could be banned as well, preferably banned from living.

GREAT way to get your point of anti-negativity across

you wasted all that time preaching your bullshit and still managed to look worse than the first moron

Pat yourself on the back for a job well ruined

Hey TSM, how you doing?
How do you feel about the book?
On the one hand I'm disinclined to read it as I'm sure it'll be a load of old self serving nonsense and probably hugely innaccurate (I have problems with Moz when he is'nt singing, he can talk such toilet). That said, it's not often you're favourite singer publishes an autobiography and since an album is not forthcoming it's all there is.

I'm eagerly looking forward to his book

The Moz-nonsense is what the majority of his fans and anti-fans show up for, whether they want to admit it or not. People love to dissect what this man says about anything because it ruffles so many feathers, both here and elsewhere on the web

so I'm not only excited to read the man's life story in his own words, I look forward to the endless (and inevitably ugly) debates it will spawn on these forums.

so I'm not only excited to read the man's life story in his own words, I look forward to the endless (and inevitably ugly) debates it will spawn on these forums.
Hell yes, there's a good reason to read the book, to be able to contribute to all the stuff that will appear here!

"Needless to say I had the last laugh..."

Ah-haaaaaa!

Knowing me, knowing you, Ah-ha. Pleased there is another AP fan among us. And you're so right; that's what M's autobiography will be like...

I wonder what the title will be...

The Book of Lies?

Delusions of Grandeur?

Devious, Truculent and Unreliable?

This book will not contain a single ounce of truth. We all know His Mozjesty is full of it. Anyway, I hope it's better written than his "liner notes." Because they suck ass.

I wonder what the title will be...

The Book of Lies?

Delusions of Grandeur?

Devious, Truculent and Unreliable?

This book will not contain a single ounce of truth. We all know His Mozjesty is full of it. Anyway, I hope it's better written than his "liner notes." Because they suck ass.

Visits the site of someone they do not respect ...

Is a registered member on the unofficial web site of someone they do not like ...

Bothers to log in to post a message expressing their hatred of the man whose website they visit and are a registered member of ...

Will respond back to this with a feeble attempt to justify their right to criticize as a desperate attempt to justify their pointless empty existence.

Welcome to the definition of Sad and Pathetic!

Well, if he reckons 'Years of refusal' to be his best album, I hope he gets some help with his memory.

I think it's been proven many times that Morrissey detests this site because the guy who runs it won't kiss his ass the way AYNIM and TTY do

Tell-all details above provided by Kate's publicist, in case anyone was wondering

What is there to moderate?

some asswipe making a shitty comment because he's having a bad day, or some asswipe posting anonymously getting bent out of shape about previous asswipe's shitty comment?

Ignore and move on with the herd if it bothers you so much

This sentence makes absolutely no sense

Let's hope he confirms this in his new book because I'm skeptical at best when it's coming from someone who can't even log in to the site when they make a comment

how is any of this David's fault?

He hosts a website where people are free to speak their mind -- good or bad -- about a public figure who has never been one to hold his own tongue about a myriad number of things. If you people detest this place so much, why don't you go waste your time on one of the other kiss-ass Morrissey sites (both inferior to this one, I might add), instead of always coming around here preaching your self-righteous bulljive about what a terrible world we live in because some of the posters at Morrisseysolo are a bunch of not-nice meanies

GREAT way to get your point of anti-negativity across

you wasted all that time preaching your bullshit and still managed to look worse than the first moron

Pat yourself on the back for a job well ruined

You are a buffoon and an idiot as this site is totally negative and if someone, such as Kate2828 praises Morrissey she is immediately attacked and abused and in years past Kate’s messages have gotten marked to trolls yet those who abuse her and Morrissey are rarely if ever made trolls or as they should be simply removed. If someone doesn’t like positive posters like Kate or Morrissey himself then they should go to another site or planet more fitting for their intellect.
Why don’t you go to another web site don’t tell me to go to another website you stupid idiot.
I am defending Morrissey and those who praise Morrissey yet you take the time to write back to me but don’t write to those bashing and attacking Morrissey.

Well, if he reckons 'Years of refusal' to be his best album, I hope he gets some help with his memory.

Well if you reckon to be on here and reckon to attack Year of Refusal's then we hope you get some help with your death.

Just wanna write, I'm anxious waiting if it really comes out, hope Morrissey trimmed not
the not known stuff, as a controlfreak, he can stop releasing at last hour, not happy about info, of wanted to
another chapter, you just don't know,it's Morrissey afterall.

As for the title I don't care, just hope it will released, and get it in my hands.

:thumb:

You are a buffoon and an idiot as this site is totally negative and if someone, such as Kate2828 praises Morrissey she is immediately attacked and abused and in years past Kate’s messages have gotten marked to trolls yet those who abuse her and Morrissey are rarely if ever made trolls or as they should be simply removed. If someone doesn’t like positive posters like Kate or Morrissey himself then they should go to another site or planet more fitting for their intellect.
Why don’t you go to another web site don’t tell me to go to another website you stupid idiot.
I am defending Morrissey and those who praise Morrissey yet you take the time to write back to me but don’t write to those bashing and attacking Morrissey.
This site is not totally negative. Read the bloody threads.

Just wanna write, I'm anxious waiting if it really comes out, hope Morrissey trimmed not
the not known stuff, as a controlfreak, he can stop releasing at last hour, not happy about info, of wanted to
another chapter, you just don't know,it's Morrissey afterall.

As for the title I don't care, just hope it will released, and get it in my hands.

:thumb:

Hi. That sounds interesting and all. But would you mind retyping it with some grammar?

Thanks.

Someone who isn't you.

You are a buffoon and an idiot as this site is totally negative and if someone, such as Kate2828 praises Morrissey she is immediately attacked and abused and in years past Kate’s messages have gotten marked to trolls yet those who abuse her and Morrissey are rarely if ever made trolls or as they should be simply removed.

Pipe down, cowgirl. I come out here on the main page and bash pretty much everyone named Anonymous equally. You just stood out as the moron of the day with your initial post, and now this one.

It's not like we discriminate here. We'll argue and fight with anyone, really

If someone doesn’t like positive posters like Kate or Morrissey himself then they should go to another site or planet more fitting for their intellect.

you mean places like AYNIM.com, where the rest of the sheep graze?

That's what makes this place the ONLY Morrissey site on the web worth going to: you can say whatever you want to whomever you want

That's what makes ALL unofficial band sites better than the official sites

where were you back in 2001 when the rest of the world caught onto this?

I live here

YOU go to another website

dumbass.

Maybe I see promise in you, as opposed to the rest of the feeble-minded simps who troll here on the daily and can't even get their balls out of their purse long enough to log in

Registration is easy here, and you'll learn to love this place

join us!

I wonder how many references to Mr Proper and Wally our Man's tome will contain.

This place is so sad. An announcement which should be positive about Morrissey’s autobiography becomes another opportunity for criticism and complaining.
Just like when he released new songs. Just like when he lists his favorites. Just like when he does anything.

Would you all just prefer he go away and not release anything or interact in any way through sharing his likes etc. He easily could do nothing. No tours, no statements, no word about publication, just nothing like many other singers do eventually. Instead of being glad he is still active and performing and writing, most just take each new story as a chance for more jabs and mocking.

That is what we must wade through on here along with the illiterate incoherent ramblings of Celibate Cry who seems to have never learned how to construct even the semblance of a sentence in English but yet the moderators never seem to deal with his idiocy but will selectively do so with other more coherent supporters of Morrissey and have integrity unlike Celibate Cry.

Yes this is the only site worth visiting for Morrissey news. But just so pathetic and sad that most on here act like they’d just as well have no new news and just live in their The Smiths past and not have any new offerings or tours from Morrissey. And if that is what you prefer why don’t you just pretend he is retired and then you don’t have to care what he writes and says anymore and we won’t have to be subjected to the same redundant attacks story after story after story.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom