"Morrissey has agreed a publishing deal with Penguin books" - Digital Journal

Has he actually signed a deal with Penguin yet?

Op-Ed: Morrissey to publish his autobiography in 2012 - Digital Journal
By Tim Sandle, Feb 5, 2012

Excerpt:

The singer-songwriter Morrissey, and former front man of the indie band The Smiths, is set to publish his autobiography in December 2012. Known for his witty refrains in both his lyrics and interview comments, an intriguing work is anticipated.

Morrissey, who made a series of seminal albums with The Smiths as the bands lead singer and lyricist as well as several solo artists, has agreed a publishing deal with Penguin books and will be one of several music-linked autobiographies published this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, finally?
Will be quite interesting to read, even if I'll need to take everything with a grain of salt. :)

I mentioned this in my original post, but I would like to emphasize that I could not find any evidence within the article that a deal with Penguin has been signed. Morrissey mentioned in an interview several months ago that he would like it to be published under Penguin Classics, and a Penguin representative said they would like to discuss this with him

"Needless to say I had the last laugh..."

Ah-haaaaaa!

He should include his new album on a CD in a plastic wallet inside the front cover.

I am so excited to read My Baby's new book of which is to be published in the end of 2012. I have this intuition that it is going to be written 'different', in a unique style like no other. My excitement right now is at an all time high. I cannot wait. I Love you Morrissey.

Regards,
Kate2828

Re: Article: "Morrissey has agreed a publishing deal with Penguin books" - Digital Jo

He should include his new album on a CD in a plastic wallet inside the front cover.

I can't think of a good reason why he'd do that. He, presumably, wants people to buy the book, after all.

I hope to God that this is true!!!!!! I love Morrissey sooooo much!!!! A greater human being has NEVER existed. I'm desperate to read anything that Morrissey has to offer. He's a LEGEND, a GENIUS and he's the most GORGEOUS man on the planet.

Re: Article: "Morrissey has agreed a publishing deal with Penguin books" - Digital Jo

Wow, finally?
Will be quite interesting to read, even if I'll need to take everything with a grain of salt. :)
I agree but a grain of salt? Buy a sack.

I am so excited to read My Baby's new book of which is to be published in the end of 2012. I have this intuition that it is going to be written 'different', in a unique style like no other. My excitement right now is at an all time high. I cannot wait. I Love you Morrissey.

Regards,
Kate2828

You never fail to sound creepy... (shivers!!!)

No press release from Penguin so I think we can all ignore this...

Regards,
Kate2828

Seriously now......f*** right off and get a life you sad twat.

Seriously now......f*** right off and get a life you sad twat.

As though any more proof was needed as to why Morrissey detests this site and why it is an abomination. Someone comes on and praises Morrissey and says something positive about his book and the low life cretins of this cesspool spout out the abuse and negativity.
As always the more positive one is here, the more negative response is generated.

Kate2828 hasn’t even been on here lately and she re-appears to write a positive message to Morrissey and the pathetic losers of this site immediately attack her for no reason whatsoever. I’m a observer and Kate2828 stays off these boards because of you haters and she gets attached for expressing a positive thought by you haters of anyone pro-Morrissey. I can understand why Kate2828 stays off this site.

And where are those corpses who masquerade as moderators? As usual nowhere to be seen.
These responses aren’t trolls written by those whose life consists of sitting on a man’s website that they detest as though there could be anything more pathetic.

This is why Morrissey hates this site. This is why Morrissey banned David and no hatred or banning could be more well deserved.

Now if only the majority of those who frequent this site could be banned as well, preferably banned from living.

Oh yay, another has-been book. Pre-order on Amazon I shall not.

Kate2828 hasn’t even been on here lately

Personally, I had been wondering if she might, perhaps, be dead.

As though any more proof was needed as to why Morrissey detests this site and why it is an abomination. Someone comes on and praises Morrissey and says something positive about his book and the low life cretins of this cesspool spout out the abuse and negativity.
As always the more positive one is here, the more negative response is generated.

Kate2828 hasn’t even been on here lately and she re-appears to write a positive message to Morrissey and the pathetic losers of this site immediately attack her for no reason whatsoever. I’m a observer and Kate2828 stays off these boards because of you haters and she gets attached for expressing a positive thought by you haters of anyone pro-Morrissey. I can understand why Kate2828 stays off this site.

And where are those corpses who masquerade as moderators? As usual nowhere to be seen.
These responses aren’t trolls written by those whose life consists of sitting on a man’s website that they detest as though there could be anything more pathetic.

This is why Morrissey hates this site. This is why Morrissey banned David and no hatred or banning could be more well deserved.

Now if only the majority of those who frequent this site could be banned as well, preferably banned from living.

Couldn't agree more which is why I for one avoid this site and rarely post anymore. This site has been taken over by the trolls and the few who are true Morrissey fans are in the minority.
Just look at this thread. There is as much negative as positive postings. Sad.

Great news on the his book though. Think it will be fascinating reading with a few surprises up his sleeves as always.

Oh yay, another has-been book. Pre-order on Amazon I shall not.

Say that or anything else against My Baby to my face and the only 'has been' taking place will be your waste of space existence. Accidents happen,you understand?

Kate2828

i don't expect it to be all the tell all book that we are hoping for. he will just go on and brag about how the NY dolls were such an influence on him.

Regards,
Kate2828

My baby??? You must be 80 years old with a hairy black chonch that's a foot long!

"Morrissey has agreed a publishing deal with Penguin?" - What kind of grammar is that anyway?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom