Morrissey Hair Thread

Re: Morrissey hair help

14mweh0.jpg

2rn8mdx.jpg

2vsnsdu.jpg

:bow::bow::bow:

Around 91 or 92, I had a friend in the military that would shave his hair line like Morrissey's to get his quiff. It looked really good surprisingly.

Thank you, Joe :D...and Simon, and shaunxvx.

I'm working on the video now, for YouTube. I hope it helps someone searching desperately for tips, as I was doing about a year ago :p

Abrahan's is certainly not bad :) What do you use on your hair, Abrahan?

Your hair reminds me of the band members in the My Love Life music video :)

Since my boyfriend forgot his old screenname and password on here, I'll talk for him.

He has two looks.
#1 He does a soft Moz type pomp. For this he simply uses mousse, hairspray, a medium size roll brush and a hairdryer. It takes about half an hour. It DOESN'T last the whole day and you basically can't fix it because of the load of hairspray in it.
10-17-09_1711.jpg

#2. He's been sporting a Johnny Cash type pomp these days. He uses Murrays pomade which is the best. For picture of can scroll down to the very bottom. It can be found in the ethnic hair section. Takes half the time of the mousse & hairspray, lasts all day and you can touch it up if it gets messed up. The big drawback is that you really have to stick to that hairstyle because the grease does not wash out of your hair easily. This is good in a way because he can use less each day and makes the hair more managable.
The drawback for me obviously is that I have grease all over my pillowcases, passenger seat, brushes, etc. He also uses Hawleywood's Layrite Pomade. Less greasy, good hold, but Murrays is by far superior. So he'll mix the prodcuts together at times. I can't find any close ups of this pomp right now, but I do have this one. You can kinda see it.
0012.jpg

Image0684.jpg

The thing about holding the hair up - it's definitely true that spraying the pomade lasts for only a short while. If you use heat, a curling brush, and gel rather than pomade, you can spray it and it will stay.

Thing is, you have to spray the 'pomp' bit for about 4 seconds for three times, leaving time between each spray for it to dry.

In my experience, that technique makes the style lasts for about 7/8 hours. (the style I've got in my avatar).

I'll be posting a video soon :)

Last edited:

I thought I'd post some pictures of the Morrissey hair, or my Morrissey hair, to be exact.

I would say this is an imitation of the quiff circa the Kill Uncle tour (or as I like to refer to it - The Great Denim Era). I've put some pictures at the bottom of the sort of quiff I'm trying to do at the moment. I suppose you could say that my hair is tidier that Moz's, but that's due to lack of skill, not for lack of trying.

And as for the sideburns, well, nature has not made a man of me yet :)

14mweh0.jpg

I am STILL impressed by his hair.

found an old hair pic from 2002:
abehair.jpg

took about 6 months to find a decent barber while i was living in LA.

i luckily only have to use the smallest amount of shockwaves wax just after drying and my quiff stays for days on end. don't have a photo of it unfortunately

i love this early hair:
early.jpg

and for asking:
catonthehead.jpg

So, here is my current 'pomp'. It's reaching the tipping point and I'll have to go to my burning barber next week for a trepidatious trim.

5105075704_6dfb56d333_z.jpg

5105059042_aa963bd9b5_z.jpg

5104494997_a9014d302d_z.jpg

5104506517_450895bb1b_z.jpg

5105113682_9f106938d1_z.jpg

5105124166_85e963c704_z.jpg

As for 'technique'? A combination of gravity (top tip ~ style upside down with your head below your knees!), TRESemmé Freeze-Hold Hairspray, and...magic fingers :thumb:

Joe, its LOVELY..
*sigh* :blushing:

Lovely photographs.

Tags
clippers fans fans of abe's hair hair hair club for men j-loc > all just shave it off lotza uglee b'tchas pomade rub it in
Back
Top Bottom