Morrissey Hair Thread

Re: Morrissey hair help

DSCN0926.jpg

The New Morrissey

I think a hairdresser at present will tend to send the hair up straight or even up and backwards, in line with current style, but for a true "young Morrissey" quiff it needs to go up and forwards a bit.

I think a hairdresser at present will tend to send the hair up straight or even up and backwards, in line with current style, but for a true "young Morrissey" quiff it needs to go up and forwards a bit.

I see what you mean about up and forwards, I think to get that look you have to have a bit of hair to play with (obviously) and when you come to dry it you should blow dry forward so all your hair is in your face and you look like a tit. Then you should use product sparingly depending on how manageable your hair is. Having it dried forward will give it that up and forward look you're talking about. Well, it kind of works with me.

Something I have learnt is that Morrissey's hair changes quite significantly throughout the years, from forward hanging whimsical affair to the greased rockabilly quiff. Make sure you pick an era and stick to it. My personal favourite is circa 1990. Especially the "I've changed my plea to guilty" performance on Jonathan Ross.

I haven't watched Abrahan's video yet, but if it is a different type of quiff to mine, I'd be happy to post a video. :)

Something I have learnt is that Morrissey's hair changes quite significantly throughout the years, from forward hanging whimsical affair to the greased rockabilly quiff. Make sure you pick an era and stick to it. My personal favourite is circa 1990. Especially the "I've changed my plea to guilty" performance on Jonathan Ross.

Snap! For me, M.'s most perfect pompadour period was 1990~1991. Every shot of the 'Kill Uncle' tour is a joy. By 'Your Arsenal' however the quiff was wilting to the side, only slightly, and the sibeburns became thicker ~ a more rockabilly greaser look than previously.
I could write a monograph on his appearance on 'Tonight With Jonathan Ross'. Good luck trying to get that hair. Small children will point and laugh at you in the street! :o

I haven't watched Abrahan's video yet, but if it is a different type of quiff to mine, I'd be happy to post a video. :)

oooh do one anyways,(please) :blushing:

Haha, will do Lottie :)

Joe, never mind small children in the street - what about large children at my school? When hair as perfect as that is brought to the mundane reality of life, it inevitably looks ridiculous.

Morrissey's hairline (particularly his 'widow's peak', see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Widow's_peak) is so important to getting it to look right. I have a mild widow's peak, but it's just not enough to get the quiff to really protrude, as you can see it doing in the picture below:

qn1sbc.jpg

If, like me, you're still determined, I'd recommend using volumising sprays such as "VO5 Blow Dry Lotion" if you're in the UK. They're good to use around the front of your hair, where you want the quiff to protrude.

When hair as perfect as this is brought to the mundane reality of life, it inevitably looks ridiculous.

Brilliant!
I am going to have this tatooed on my forehead, forthwith :D
May I have your permission?

I'd recommend using volumising sprays such as "VO5 Blow Dry Lotion" if you're in the UK.

Ha! Oops. You can use this spray if you can get your hands on it outside of the UK, you're not disallowed.

Joe, you have my full and complete permission.

shawnxvx, that is a nice look.

I don't have the hair line to pull off a Moz Quiff. I have wore my hair with a pomp for years.
I wash it with a vegetable shampoo on Sundays to strip all the grease and wax out. During the week I use regular shampoo and it cleans my scalp and hair, but most of the wax and grease stays in, so all I have to do when I get out of the shower during the week is all a little brylcreem (a little dab will do ya) and a tad of Sweet Georgia Brown hair dressing pomade.

So for the look all you need is this...
CaliforniaTrip09-10015.jpg

Here is the look from both sides...
CaliforniaTrip09-10016.jpg

CaliforniaTrip09-10018.jpg

And since I was taking pictures, here are some tattoos. They are reversed from the mirror...:thumb:
CaliforniaTrip09-10019.jpg

CaliforniaTrip09-10020.jpg

Take care all
Roky

Last edited:

I thought I'd post some pictures of the Morrissey hair, or my Morrissey hair, to be exact.

I would say this is an imitation of the quiff circa the Kill Uncle tour (or as I like to refer to it - The Great Denim Era). I've put some pictures at the bottom of the sort of quiff I'm trying to do at the moment. I suppose you could say that my hair is tidier that Moz's, but that's due to lack of skill, not for lack of trying.

And as for the sideburns, well, nature has not made a man of me yet :)

14mweh0.jpg

2rn8mdx.jpg

2vsnsdu.jpg

2ujh9v4.jpg

2iw4suv.jpg

I thought I'd post some pictures of the Morrissey hair, or my Morrissey hair, to be exact.

I would say this is an imitation of the quiff circa the Kill Uncle tour (or as I like to refer to it - The Great Denim Era). I've put some pictures at the bottom of the sort of quiff I'm trying to do at the moment. I suppose you could say that my hair is tidier that Moz's, but that's due to lack of skill, not for lack of trying.

And as for the sideburns, well, nature has not made a man of me yet :)

nice! also, denim era= best moz

all that sounds like to much work. real moz fans wake up with the hair already done 5 outta 7 days. no tools or products needed.:thumb:

This. I don't spend much time on mine (see my avatar).

Last edited:

Your hair looks awesome from the side, georgejallen

Pardon the Beatles poster. It's been there for years. Compare it to your very first e-mail address.

Nope, no one has asked to touch it. I've got a gay friend who just does, though. Does that count?

Ian Curtis, cool. Robert Pattinson - handsome bloke, but I'm not very fond of sparkly vampires.

As for it being too much work - saying that the hair just "is" that way doesn't quite help a person asking for instructions now, does it?

Tags
clippers fans fans of abe's hair hair hair club for men j-loc > all just shave it off lotza uglee b'tchas pomade rub it in
Back
Top Bottom