Morrissey guitar on eBay owned by Alain Whyte

Posted by an anonymous person:

MORRISSEY - ALAIN WHYTE OWNED GUITAR - VINTAGE SILVERTONE W/ AMP CASE AND PHOTO - eBay auction

HERE IS AN OPPORTUNITY TO OWN A RARE PIECE OF MORRISSEY MEMORABILA!
This is a great guitar for Morrissey music fans and or guitar lovers.
Danelectro - Silvertone single pickup, Solid-body Electric Guitar with all in one amplifier case… date 1962-1968.

THE GUITAR COMES WITH AMPLIFIER CASE, ALSO COMES WITH PHOTOGRAPH OF MORRISSEY WITH THE GUITAR AND A LETTER OF AUTHENTICITY OF OWNERSHIP FROM ENGLISH GUITARIST, SINGER, AND SONGWRITER ALAIN WHYTE.

alainwhyte_guitar.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Calling this a piece of Morrissey memorabilia is stretching it...it's not like it was ever Morrissey's guitar...the only time he ever held it was probably in that photo.
Alain Whyte memorabilia: yes...Morrissey: not so much.

Is this the same guitar that Alain breaks a string on and proceeds to bleed all over in one of the filmed concerts (Live in Dallas if memory serves)?

i think it is cool that morrissey posed with the guitar, but the way his fingers are on the neck shows us that he never learned from alain or johnny. wonder what the reserve is?

I dont't think you can really assume that since he doesn't have a guitar strap and is pretty much holding the thing in the air with his left hand. ;)

I however wonder when the certificate was written, was it just recently or while they were still working together?

"THE GUITAR COMES WITH AMPLIFIER CASE, ALSO COMES WITH PHOTOGRAPH OF MORRISSEY WITH THE GUITAR AND A LETTER OF AUTHENTICITY OF OWNERSHIP FROM ENGLISH GUITARIST, SINGER, AND SONGWRITER ALAIN WHYTE."

it says nothing about Morrissey being associated with the certificate.

Not the same guitar as Alain cut his hand on, on 'Live in Dallas'.
That was a Gibson Les Paul.

I know times are tough but how much more money can you expect to squeeze out of a Morrissey fan. Maybe if this guitar came with a letter of why he left the band....

Ah, thanks. The DNA aspect could've added a premium to the price.

Alain is in money problems, or moves one, and sells his stuff in the time he was in Morrissey's band

I'd rather buy a new Marr fender though Alain was Morrissey's best bandmember, and wrote classic tunes,
luckily he doesn't have to be on stage as a drag queen to be in Morrissey's band nowadays

He seems to be getting work for various pop acts if wikipedia is to be believed.maybe just looking to unload.

When will we ever finally learn why Alain left ? I don't necessarily want to hear dirt shed or every last word but I just don't see the point in the "Cone of Silence" approach.

There have been numerous rumours and half-confirmed bits of stories, but no one apart from Alain and Moz know the full story - and if it was just Moz's decision that Alain was given the push then only Moz knows why. Yes, it's frustrating that neither of them seem willing to talk about it at all, but I'm hoping Alain's decision not to talk shit about his old boss means that he hasn't #entirely# slammed the door shut on the idea of ever working with Morrissey again, even if it seems extremely unlikely right now. If 'The Kid's a Looker' and 'People Are the Same Everywhere' genuinely represent two of the best songs Morrissey wants to showcase from his proposed new album, then it may well be that he needs Alain more than he realises.

If you'll forgive the Kewpie-esque trainspotting, Alain cut his hand at the 4 October 1991 Hammersmith Ballroom gig. It was filmed for Japanese TV so the clips are probably being confused with Live In Dallas. They both have an of-the-time graininess.

I agree with others that this is just a case of thinning the collection. If you watch the following clip, it's clear that Alain isn't lacking for guitars. In the not too distant past, he was using a picture of one of his Morrissey-era black Les Pauls as a profile pic on Facebook. The only guitar I ever remember him using live with Morrissey that wasn't a Les Paul, Telecaster, or old Gretsch was the silver Danelectro he played on Meat Is Murder during the Oye Esteban and Gong Show tours. I don't ever recall seeing a picture of this one.

At one point in the clip, he produces an electric sitar, which I suspect was the one heard on I Will See You In Far-Off Places, Dear God Please Help Me, and Good Looking Man About Town. The sitar is even more prominent on the fan-made "strings up" mix of Dear God for the sonic connoisseurs.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vDFa28-b3uY

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom