Morrissey guest DJ on SiriusXM 1st Wave this week?

I was listening to 1st Wave this morning around 6:50am.
Sluggo announced that MORRISSEY would be the Guest DJ all this week alongside Richard Blade beginning at 3pm Pacific.

Let me guess: Moz songs, The Smiths, Sparks, Echobelly, Gene, New York Dolls, Patty Smith, Jobriath, Nico, Iggy Pop, Jeff Buckley (?), Gallon Drunk, Smoking Popes, Lou Reed/Velvet Underground, Ramones, Suede (?), Anna Calvi, James (?), Franz Ferdinand, Damien Dempsey, The Supremes, Buffy Sainte-Marie, Nancy Sinatra

I'd fall over if he played:
  • The Cure (i.e. I wonder if Moz/Bob Smith still hate each other)
  • Siouxsie (did he ever forgive her for wanting to throw stones at him in the aborted Interlude video?)
  • Johnny Marr's songs with Electronic
  • Johnny Marr's songs with The The
  • Johnny Marr's songs with Johnny Marr :mad:

Let me guess: Moz songs, The Smiths, Sparks, Echobelly, Gene, New York Dolls, Patty Smith, Jobriath, Nico, Iggy Pop, Jeff Buckley (?), Gallon Drunk, Smoking Popes, Lou Reed/Velvet Underground, Ramones, Suede (?), Anna Calvi, James (?), Franz Ferdinand, Damien Dempsey, The Supremes, Buffy Sainte-Marie, Nancy Sinatra

I'd fall over if he played:
  • The Cure (i.e. I wonder if Moz/Bob Smith still hate each other)
  • Siouxsie (did he ever forgive her for wanting to throw stones at him in the aborted Interlude video?)
  • Johnny Marr's songs with Electronic
  • Johnny Marr's songs with The The
  • Johnny Marr's songs with Johnny Marr :mad:

Nowt wrong with a bit o'Buckley.

Totally agree. I just wasn't sure how big a fan Moz is. I think he rated Buckley as one of his top 10 or top 15 albums (for 'Grace'). I also put in a ? for Suede because I don't know if he is a real fan or not. Obviously he covered 'My Insatiable One' back in 1992, but he had a falling out with Brett Anderson and then Brett said they were friends again but who knows. Moz hasn't commented on Suede in a long time even though in my opinion the 'Night Music' album was a recent shining example of how an album could/should work as a whole.

You never know what he might throw out. Didn't he recently applaudthat abstract composer who influenced the opening of kiss me a lot (forgot his name) and once praise system of a down. Might throw out some hank Williams since he recently covered him as well

This is wonderful.
The whole of Purcell's Dido & Aeneas is sublime - hard going at times, but sublime.
Possibly not daytime radio material :)
Regards,
FWD.

This is wonderful.
The whole of Purcell's Dido & Aeneas is sublime - hard going at times, but sublime.
Possibly not daytime radio material :)
Regards,
FWD.

I think of great vocal performances - Liz Frazer, Joanna Newsom, other Buckley material, Neil Young, and God knows what else I've forgotten, and this performance of Purcell is right at the top of the pile for me. An unbeatable performance. Sure, he wavers here and there, but that's not the point.

I reckon why is the time "Pacific" America time? Reckon this should be at Euro time because the studio is in Sweden or Portugal or Rome or Instann Bull. America is not the World!

I reckon Richard Blade is not doing his show at KROQ anymore so don't start lining up outside with your sleeping bags.

I reckon why is the time "Pacific" America time? Reckon this should be at Euro time because the studio is in Sweden or Portugal or Rome or Instann Bull. America is not the World!

I reckon Richard Blade is not doing his show at KROQ anymore so don't start lining up outside with your sleeping bags.

The "Dull" Blade lives and does the show from Los Angesleaze

Favorite song on earth right now is:

It's on now. Sounds like just clips of Blades famous kroq interview from like 1990

Does anybody hear him on the interview? Unfortunately, the Richard Blade show isn't included with the free subscription.

What about Dave, Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich?
Xanadu?
I thought I heard a sound in there that reminded me of a whip. :squiffy:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom